By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4... Why Do Wii60 Fans Keep Wanting It?

I wanted to write something longer, but I think I should focus on my conclusion :

question : Why Xbox360 fan keep wanting MGS4 ?

answer : because they fear ...

U re right Ceres, Xbox360 fan dont want to play the game, they just want to "steal it" to PS3, hoping it will definetely kill her.

@happysquirel,

PS3 is 499$ is US, not +1000$ as u just stated.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I've grown tired of MGS over the years. The gameplay puts me to sleep. And I hate those respawning enemies that appear everytime you enter a room. The graphics looks great though. If I'm going to bunker down a immerse myself in a long game it will probably be FF13. Last Remnant looks interesting too but I can get that on the 360.

Been said, but MS fans just want Sony to die. IF MGS4 falls through, it would only be a matter of time before FFXIII falls. After that....

Anyone else here thinks heavenly sword is going to sell like Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

Astrodust said:
I've grown tired of MGS over the years. The gameplay puts me to sleep. And I hate those respawning enemies that appear everytime you enter a room. The graphics looks great though. If I'm going to bunker down a immerse myself in a long game it will probably be FF13. Last Remnant looks interesting too but I can get that on the 360.

Well, I never liked the MGS gameplay. I always rushed through it for the story. The MGS storyline is very well written, and the only thing that interests me in the series. 

Around the Network

HeavenlySword can sell a lot more than NGS.

- totally news game
- good character design + good graphism
- good gameplay (IGN)

I expect it to be a big hit on PS3

possible problem : too repeatitive + too short.

Time to Work !

DonWii said:
Astrodust said:

Well, I never liked the MGS gameplay. I always rushed through it for the story. The MGS storyline is very well written, and the only thing that interests me in the series.

"As for my personal opinion I would pay 1000 bucks so just I would never play or even watch a MGS4 game. It is not really the gameplay, but the storyline is insulting (MGS 2)".

Now I feel like some kind of anti-DonWii. Maybe it is Donwii that is the anti-ItsaMii. My head hurts.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Pesonally, I think MGS is a symbol of Sony third party domination. Perhaps I'm wrong -- this is pure hypothesis -- but I think for many Playstation fans, every other game could go cross platform; all of the lesser A and AA titles (of which there are literally hundreds), AAA titles such as Devil May Cry and Silent Hill, and even Grand Theft Auto, because it tends to be a fairly casual game; but Metal Gear Solid (and Final Fantasy, to a lesser extent) stand as a symbol, an icon of hardcore gaming. Everything else could peel away, but as long as MGS is there, things are still good. I think some will continue to insist that the wind isn't changing as long as these two titles remain PS3 exclusives.

That's just a hypothesis that I've gleaned from the subtext of many discussions on this topic.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

shams said:
leo-j said:
They want sony to fail they dont even buy it.

QFT.

Its more about hurting Sony, than actually having the game available to play on a 360.

Wat does Qft mean?

mM

I agree with most people here .Xbox fans dont even want to buy the game ,they just hope that Sony losing it can get hurt badly and they can keep saying that Sony loses exclusives and the usual arguments .They fear that the coming of the great PS3 games ,of wich MGS4 is one of the ones with a bigger name ,could put the PS3 in the first place in gaming again .