By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4... Why Do Wii60 Fans Keep Wanting It?

Ari_Gold said:
how could anyone hate MGS. its such a great series. Great gameplay and story. The voice acting is the best in video game history. People like to talk shit for no reason.

The voice acting is second to none.  And the gameplay is pretty solid too.

The story?  Huge festering over-complicated and forcibly contrived POS.  And the constant annoances brought on by cut scene after cut scene have soured the series for me which is too bad because the first MGS was awesome.

So really, I don't care too much which consoles get MGS4.

YMMV. 

Around the Network

I honestly don't care about MGS, it's just absolutely not my kind of game. Or am I not allowed to say that?

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I can't see anything good coming out of this thread. Why wouldn't people want games?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

??????? Most of you guys are way to tense on the hole "war" in Console-war, sure some poeple want companies to fail but most of us want great games and MGS4 looks like a great game to lots of people, why should 360 fans not want  a great game.....better question why are all you people blaiming them for wanting it.... do they want if to be 360 exclusive ??? Are they saying it would be a better game on the 360 ??? I hope every great game comes out on a system I have, just because it´s not going to happen doesn´t mean I can´t hope. Besides why should the devs. not want  to offer this game to as many people as possible ??? That logic is what ceeps this rumor alive that and overdefensive Sony fans. If MGS4 comes out on the 360 six month after the PS3 version will the PS3 be doomed or will it have a great game before the 360 does ??? 

masschamber said:
Frankly I don't care about metal gear solid series either (granted I've only played through metal gear solid), basically it's a clunky action game that just bombards you with enemy's as punishment for being caught

Isn't this the definition of a stealth game? You can't blame MGS if you don't like that genre of games...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I think it's just because everyone wants every game to be available to them without spending the $1000 (insert local price here) required to buy a PS3.

Personally, if MGS4 was released on the Wii I might have a rental, but I'm not overly interested in the game, and certainly not interested enough to warrant the purchase of a PS3. I played the first one for all of 15 minutes, I found it boring and frustrating. But that was a while ago, and I wouldn't mind having another shot.

Just having an option there, even if you never play it, is comforting. It also means games in the future are more likely to come to your console of choice.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I wish MGS2 wouldn't have derailed Metal Gear's reputation, just because of its goofy story.

I want it because it's one of like two games coming out this year + next that I MUST play. Metal Gear has really pushed gaming forward. And yeah, I don't want to spend $600 to play it.

I have no idea how anyone can complain about the gameplay though.

Every console wants MGS for the same reason they want any big seller; it helps their console. No need to read into it any more than that. In the same sense, Sony would do most anything to get Halo if they could and both MS and Sony would kill for some of Nintendo's big games. you may not want them personally but the companies do and so do a lot of people.

Maybe they should put MGS4 on every nextgen system including handhelds. Then people can get it on their favorite system and that would solve the problem.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Xeo_842 said:
Maybe they should put MGS4 on every nextgen system including handhelds. Then people can get it on their favorite system and that would solve the problem.

Now if Halo 3, Bioshock, and Mass Effect came to the PS3, that'd further solve the problem.