By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bioshock PS3 a bust?

mario and sonic at the olympic games(week50) outsold bioshock (week 1)...

..oh.. SNAP!

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ twesterm

Exactly.

I'd like to see your rationale for this. Bioshock is one of the most praised console shooters. If there is a large enough base for shooters on the PS3, which Resistance 1 showed a decent amount for this game should have sold well enough for itself.

It took several months for Resistance to reach 3 million+.  I bet Bioshock will have decent legs with an appropriate price cut.

Exacly. I went to the store to get it and then saw that it cost as much as a new game. I was like "hell no" the pc versions is less than half.. i'm gonna wait till it falls in price.

Check out my game about moles ^

Bioshock will still sell over 250k lifetime and that will more than recoup the cost of the port as well as make the PS3 ready for a simultaneous release of Bioshock 2 on both HD consoles....

Don't forget those 31k are only Others too...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

A great game, loved it on the 360. They say it was improved for the PS3 release. I am glad more people get to enjoy a great experience!! I think the $60 is justified with the extra work they put into it.

And for those that say they won't pay full price for a $60 game, good thing they didn't live back in the SNES days. FFVI was sold for $79.99 in the US and the price never dropped retail, except on sale. It was also sold in used game stores well into the PS2 years for $60. Some games are well worth a high price tag many years after release.

I would expect good legs because of the reviews, and much better sales in the US. This is certainly not a disaster, and I would expect price cuts before too long

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I don't think any rational person is expecting it to be big. It will sell well because it's a great game, but nothing amazing.

Are you saying the game isn't amazing, or the sales?...because the game is amazing, and a lot of PS3 owners who've never played it, don't know what they're missing.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
twesterm said:
I don't think any rational person is expecting it to be big. It will sell well because it's a great game, but nothing amazing.

Are you saying the game isn't amazing, or the sales?...because the game is amazing, and a lot of PS3 owners who've never played it, don't know what they're missing.

The sales aren't going to be amazing. 

twesterm said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
twesterm said:

The sales aren't going to be amazing. 

Good, bro..good, cause if you were gonna hate on Bioshock, we were gonna go! lol ;O

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Oblivion on PS3 was a year old game, it managed to sell 730k copies.
Why is BioShock any different?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Oblivion on PS3 was a year old game, it managed to sell 730k copies.
Why is BioShock any different?

Because when oblivion came around, ps3 "had no games". Bioshock is coming at a time when so many new heavily anticipated games are releasing as well. People just don't have the time or money to buy and play all so out with the old and in with the new!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler