By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Q1 2009 earnings report today (2:30PM PST)

kowenicki said:
There goes any chance whatsoever of any meaningful price cuts from Sony in the next 6 months.

wait to see financials before you say this.

Around the Network

We shall see.........

LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:
There goes any chance whatsoever of any meaningful price cuts from Sony in the next 6 months.

Ehm, what would you call a 57% drop in profit? I call that the most important part of the earnings release. And I have a feeling that SCE will have a major part in that drop. Sony will certainly not cut prices.

OT: I expect losses for Microsoft Entertainment as well. No major game income and pricecut. Still very interested in the shipment numbers.

BengaBenga said:
LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:

Ehm, what would you call a 57% drop in profit? I call that the most important part of the earnings release. And I have a feeling that SCE will have a major part in that drop. Sony will certainly not cut prices.

OT: I expect losses for Microsoft Entertainment as well. No major game income and pricecut. Still very interested in the shipment numbers.

You are forgetting the Mac Office sales are also included in the Entertainment and Devices division.  With the increasing Mac market share, Office sales alone guarantee a profit for this division.

BengaBenga said:
LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:

maybe for this quarter but he said 6 months. That means 3 financials (The one comming soon included) and half a quarter later they'll still be in "trouble"?

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
BengaBenga said:
LOL MATURE said:
kowenicki said:

You are forgetting the Mac Office sales are also included in the Entertainment and Devices division.  With the increasing Mac market share, Office sales alone guarantee a profit for this division.

mac office is apart of that division? damn that division has everything in it.... also means they took the lose when MS aquired the virtualization company that used to offer windows on powerpc. once they bought it, the g5 came out, and the software they had just bought didnt work anymore, i always wondered if they tired to develop it for the g5 chip or just dumped it somewhere and wrote off the lose 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I'd really hate to see Microsoft get stronger as a company. The monopolistic weight they carry is beyond words.

psrock said:
Sony's refusal to cut prices this Holiday season will cost even more. They have to stop acting like they are the market leader, but the competitor.

Sony refusal to cut prices is essential they need to make a profit on each machine sold since there profits are down

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

New hardware SKUs and prices in Q1:

US:

July 13:

Price Drop:

20Gb Premium $349 - £299

August 1:

60Gb Premium Released - $349

September 5:

Price Drop:

Xbox 360 Arcade $279 - $199
Xbox 360 Premium $349 - $299
Xbox 360 Elite $449 - $399

EU:

August 15:

60Gb Premium Released - €269.99/£199.99

September 19:

Price Drop:

Xbox 360 Arcade €199.99/£159.99 - €179.99/£129.99
Xbox 360 Premium €269.99/£199.99 - €239.99/£169.99
Xbox 360 Elite €369.99/£259.99 - €299.99/£229.99

JP:

September 11:

60Gb Premium Released - Y29,800

Price Drop:

Xbox 360 Arcade Y27,800 - Y19,800
Xbox 360 Premium Y34,800 - Y29,800
Xbox 360 Elite Y47,800 - Y39,800

Good I'll keep an eye on this thread today.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.