By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Q1 2009 earnings report today (2:30PM PST)

Legend11 said:

It should be pretty interesting to see exactly how they're doing, especially considering Sony has just announced they're cutting their own earnings forcasts by an astonishing 57%.

God you're a fanboy.

Around the Network

I thought Sony announced the 57% cut in earnings in whole the Sony business and not the Sony gaming division :s.

Sony cut the earnings forecast for the game unit by $300 million.

FishyJoe said:
Sony cut the earnings for the game unit by $300 million.

What were the projected earnings before the cut?

WiiStation360 said:
FishyJoe said:
Sony cut the earnings for the game unit by $300 million.

What were the projected earnings before the cut?

I don't know if they ever broke down the earnings forecast by unit. However, they did break down the cuts in the recent announcement.

Around the Network

microsoft will also cut their earnings also about half

sungson said:
microsoft will also cut their earnings also about half

For the sake of everyone, Sony, Nintendo and the rest of the world, you better hope not.

It's mainly due to appreciation of the Yen. They actually raised the PSP forecast from 15m to 16m. I guess Nintendo will be affected by this too.

Wow this thread is all over the place. I entered expecting a discussion about MS earnings release. What does Sony have to do with this? There is already a thread that discusses the Sony news.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

psrock said:
Sony's refusal to cut prices this Holiday season will cost even more. They have to stop acting like they are the market leader, but the competitor.

I agree. Their current coasting strategy can't last forever, even with Blu-Ray.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.