By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic Deliberately Assigns ONE Low score to LittleBigPlanet (8/10)

NiKKoM said:
Dallinor said:
Have you seen the message posted in the review section of LBP now?

"[*Note: All Variety scores are provided to Metacritic by Variety's Games Editor - Metacritic is not estimating here or on any other game review.]"

Variety attributed the score, not Metacritic.

Quoted, bolded and colored it.. but when I checked it before it wasn't there.. guess people were complaining about it.. so /thread

here adding this so no one will miss it

the girl to grab the 360 fans and the ps3 for well the s3 fans

Around the Network

Who cares, the game is still amazing. No game this year is going to attain the GTAIV, 97.4% or Mario Galaxy 97.3% averages (Gamerankings) so its not really a big deal. LBP had a chance, but......, Gears 2, maybe, but I doubt it. GTAIV is already going to get GOTY (not my op). So we can all stop worrying so much about the averages, and just accept that fact.

Metacritic and Gamerankings are garbage sites, I've always said that but you fools keep wanting to use aggregate scores...

Sony fans should be happy that the game is scoring so well and that they finally have a brilliant game in their collection. Honestly, this is the one game i would want on the Wii more than any other game on another console.
Unfortunately, paying 460 euros to get this game is a little too dear for me.

But having said that, LBP is lucky to have gotten the score it did. Many reviewers (both critics and users) have said that their only complaint is that the controls have not been fully optimized and that there is sometimes a lag.
Lets be honest, if this game was on the Wii, bad controls would have taken 2 points off the average score.
Hell, even Wii sports had trouble achieving an 8 average, and it is probably one of the intensely played games in gaming history.

Anyway, one 8 is not going to change the fact that Sony now has bragging rights over one of the best exclusives this generation.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

still missing it huh

Around the Network
sparkit34 said:
Sony fans should be happy that the game is scoring so well and that they finally have a brilliant game in their collection. Honestly, this is the one game i would want on the Wii more than any other game on another console.
Unfortunately, paying 460 euros to get this game is a little too dear for me.

But having said that, LBP is lucky to have gotten the score it did. Many reviewers (both critics and users) have said that their only complaint is that the controls have not been fully optimized and that there is sometimes a lag.
Lets be honest, if this game was on the Wii, bad controls would have taken 2 points off the average score.
Hell, even Wii sports had trouble achieving an 8 average, and it is probably one of the intensely played games in gaming history.

Anyway, one 8 is not going to change the fact that Sony now has bragging rights over one two of the best exclusives this generation.

Fixed. See the prediction in my sig.

And the controls on LBP aren't as bad as some Wii game controls (although that's not from personal experience- I haven't played LBP yet)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

mesoteto said:

here adding this so no one will miss it

the girl to grab the 360 fans and the ps3 for well the s3 fans

It's a shame she has a PS3.

loool.

Whatever, still has a 95

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117938746.html?categoryid=1079&cs=1

Seems like a valid review.

Also, metacritic explains...

"Coupled with a robust sharing system that borrows the best elements of YouTube, LittleBigPlanet is less a game than a platform for making and downloading videogame levels. Ultimate success beyond a niche of wanna-be game developers will depend on an extraordinarily active community that gives everyone else a reliable dose of new creations. [*Note: All Variety scores are provided to Metacritic by Variety's Games Editor - Metacritic is not estimating here or on any other game review.] "

You are high on drugs for creating this thread trying to stir a conspiracy where there isn't any.

this is a pretty weird thread. it seems you're pretty set on getting the game and believe that you're going to love it no matter what. didn't your mom tell you that it doesn't matter what other people think?