By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic Deliberately Assigns ONE Low score to LittleBigPlanet (8/10)

Didn't they also deliberately post the high scores for the game too?

Tease.

Around the Network

Well you can say this guy read the review and made his best judgement on what the review score 'should have been.' So the 80 could be contrived from what what was written. But they have absolutely no right to do so really (and call themselves credible).

And that doesn't explain the almost perfect 98% they gave varieties' scoreless fable 2 review, which I read through and Certainly doesn't describe an almost perfect game. This is the thing that really makes it obvious of bias.

It's pretty obvious that whosoever behind the scoring of these scoreless reviews thought they could get away with this and got caught red-handed. I think as a community we really need to open our eyes and stand up against this kind of bs.

You factor in other things, like selective reviews added from less respectable sites sometimes appearing to shift one game up or down how they'd like. The grade convert system where they decide what the grade should mean (look at 1ups reviews) And other things like some sites use five stars (PSM) which 3 stars looks pretty good as 3 stars, but when u convert that to percent it's a horrible 60%. Metacritic is a joke frankly.

metacritics is becoming such a biased site,,,

check out my thread to see what they are doing to manipulate the grade for multiplat titles on PS3:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=46183

Nothing sadder than silly fanboys getting their knickers in a knot. How absurd.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

Wow Sony fanboys can be incredible at times. Would everyone just try to calm down. Contrary to whay you may think there is no giant conspiracy to bring Sony down. If this was Mario Kart this happened to would your opinion of Metacritic still be as bad as it is now?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

oh my lord the world will end if the game is a 9.8 and not a 10. Go play some games, and don't worry about silly review scores

Not that I really care about scores but they should not do that. Ugh and why again is Metacriticbetter than gamerankings?

Have you seen the message posted in the review section of LBP now?

"[*Note: All Variety scores are provided to Metacritic by Variety's Games Editor - Metacritic is not estimating here or on any other game review.]"

Variety attributed the score, not Metacritic.

this is no better than gametrailers using a ps3 game and tried to pass it off as 360 graphics

Its amazing how well Sony has been doing this generation considering the bias in the media. Web sites like GameSpot, GameDaily, Cnet and Metacritic are all bought and paid for.

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Variety
Coupled with a robust sharing system that borrows the best elements of YouTube, LittleBigPlanet is less a game than a platform for making and downloading videogame levels. Ultimate success beyond a niche of wanna-be game developers will depend on an extraordinarily active community that gives everyone else a reliable dose of new creations. [*Note: All Variety scores are provided to Metacritic by Variety's Games Editor - Metacritic is not estimating here or on any other game review.]

Hah, epic end to the thread. Obviously Metacritic was being spammed with people thinking the same thing as you guys.