By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft, This Is How You Blow Your PS3 Lead In Japan

So Microsoft is doing pretty good in Japan. Not great, but good. Good enough to beat the PS3 last month. This is the Xbox 360 display at Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara. The banner in the front is an advertisement for an entertainment festival in Akihabara — it's a red herring, disregard. Back in August, the Xbox 360 sold out in this very store. If you've been to Akihabara, you know that this is a very large retailer. Lots of shoppers! So for Microsoft to sell out right here is a good sign, and it's great for the Xbox 360's reputation in Japan. This demo set-up is not. Well, no, the set-up is fine, it's the upkeep. But just as Microsoft starts to gain ground in Japan, an old friend rears its ugly head...

Hrm. Let's get a closer look. Over there, right about that price cut poster.
Hello, you. Out of all the demo kiosk consoles Microsoft needs working in Japan... Doubt this will catastrophically affect Xbox 360 sales in Japan. Microsoft will most likely sell lots of consoles this holiday season. (So will will Nintendo and Sony. Everyone wins!)

http://kotaku.com/5065781/microsoft-this-is-how-you-blow-your-ps3-lead-in-japan

no offense, i just think this is abit funny

Around the Network

and fanboys said they had it fixed.

The old friend returns!

It actually took me a while to see it, but LOL!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Problem solved my ass.

Around the Network

I don't see it... help

EDIT: Ha! I see it now RROD! lol

At first i saw it a Kotaku, and i said, WTF??? i didnt know whats funny, or whats it all about,, but now !!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha !!now i know !!!!!!!!!

RROD for Life!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

What the heck? Is there any airflow in that display case?

Tease.

I thought... according to numerous Microsoft owners here, that Microsoft has successfully eliminated RRoD using the new chip (whatever it's called)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

"The 360 is doing good in Japan"

I saw that and didn't even care about the RRoD (who am I kidding...yes I did! lol)....it sold a couple thousand more units than the PS3 and all of a sudden it's "doing good" but when in November of last year, the PS3 outsold the Wii for a month...it was just a fluke...