By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The forum - no longer nintendo biased?

Ben, the same thing goes for news sites like IGN, or Game Trailers. If they post a lot of negative news towards one console they may be seen as biased in favor of the others.

The mods have never been biased, extremists like Blue, or Gballzhack just made it seem that way. Blue would post flame bait threads, like "PS3 setting up to PWN the Wii" or some other crap like that, Gballzhack took cheap jabs at PS3

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Off topic: There was a tornado by my house!!

That's sweet!  Glad you're ok though.

Back on topic.  Just because a forum has a predominant population of one fanbase over another, that does not mean the forum itself is biased.  What makes a forum biased or not is the people that run it.  In the case of vgchartz, I think the mods are very balanced and mainly try to keep the peace.  There's plenty of people on both sides that have rightfully been banned.

Going by the Vgcharts games rankings, you all might not want to look.

God of War VG Score: 7.48
Game rankings Avg Ratio: 93.2%

GranTurismo3 VG Score: 7.26
Game rankings Avg Ratio: 94%

Halo2 Score: VG 7.69
Game rankings Avg Ratio: 95%

Wii sports VG score: 8.23
Game rankings Avg Ratio: 77%

Red Steel VG Score: 6.61
Game rankings Avg Ratio: 65%

Big Microsoft or Sony games are rated way below industry average on here, while Nintendo games are rated even or higher.

Wii sports rated higher then Halo 2 and God of War, Come on people.

@Nonquihote

Do the Sony/Microsoft games have over 1000 votes, like Ocarina of Time?
The more votes it has, the more representative the score is. If it only has a few votes, then the score does not reflect the forums opinion of the game, only a few members.

DarkNight_DS said:
Diomedes1976 said:
I think the forums are more balanced now .

I think PS3 fans have had to be agressive because the general tone of the forum was NIntendo praising (ok ) and PS3 bashing (not ok ) .Yes ,the nintendo fans had some reason with the sales numbers in their hands ,but that didnt justify attacking so ruthlessly the PS3 not giving it a hope of survival and repeating with joy post after post the "sony doomed " arguement .

The hate for Sony by Nintendo fans started back when Ken Kutaragi made it his mission to kill Nintendo (back when they brought the PS1 to market). Now that it looks like Nintendo might have the last laugh, it's fans have become a little cockier. When a company higher up makes it his mission to kill another company, obviously there will be some i'll will towards the company that this man works for. (This is just one of the reasons)

I happen to like what both companies have brought to the market, however it's been harder to be a Sony fan when everything you liked about them in the past has changed so drastically. Not to say that it's wrong of them to change their direction, it just seems that Sony's had too many internal fightings to concentrate on us!

Well ,I wasnt there for the PS2 as I didnt own it .I lked Sony a lot back in the PS1 days and with the PSP and PS3 I think they really have two killer machines .Yes ,they have commited their fair share of mistakes .Costly hardware ,experimental tech ,production issues ,not bribing developers to keep games exclusive ,etc .But ultimately they are working very hard ,and have a great machine with already some decent software for it and a lot more coming .As for Kutaragui wanting to "kill " Nintendo I dont know either .I have heard recently many praise words from Sony to Nintendo about keeping the market alive ,being innovative etc ...also some harsher words (Tretton comparing the PS3 to a costly food and the Wii to a candy ) .But the harsher words toward Nintendo have been prononunced by Microsoft ,"Wii is a low definition toy for kids ""Wii is an amusing but low quality product " etc ...and Microsoft was the one interested into buying Nintendo not so far away .Sony has done a lot of harm to Nintendo by changing the market .From the mascot-driven ,colorful and slighty kiddie days of the Megadrive and Super Nintendo they,along with the third parties , broadened the userbase by giving some realistic action and suspense games ,some scaring survival horrors ,some casual games (Dance Dance ,Singstar ,Buzz ,Parappa back in the day ,Eye toy ,etc ) ,some involving and deep RPG etc .That of course had to hurt Nintendo that for some time kept frozen in their old 8-16 bit days model and couldnt react .They didnt want to lose the image of trust in the face of the parents but the ones buying consoles werent the parents anymore ,they didnt want to release their Seal of Quality to have control over things but third parties worked better with Sony who gave ample liberty for them ,they didnt want to evolve past cartridges to avoid piracy but the industry needed and wanted high storage mediums as CD and later DVD.They wanted to keep first party games the bread and butter of their systems to earn a lot of money but third parties prefered to develop for other plattforms that didnt pose problems about the number of games released yearly for the console and offered technical support with new graphics libraries etc  .And so on .So yes ,Nintendo has suffered a lot ,but it was in part because their inner faults and not only because of Sony .And now that it has reacted Nintendo has reacted in a weird manned ,just saying they care for hardcore gamers while they run desperate for casuals and demographics  that dont know the Playstation brand .For Nintendo fans its the same Nintendo as ever ,and better still as they have got success ,but for me they arent the same Nintendo anymore .

Around the Network

So far noone has brought any EVIDENCE that a particular group or individual has been treated unfairly by the mods.

Trying to balance the site based on what people believe is just plain silly. As long as people can discuss things civilly based on verifiable facts and information, that's all that should matter.

@Diomedes1976

Last part of your statement, you are assuming that the demographic that is purchasing the Wii is split between Nintendo fans and non-gamers. That is pretty absurd, especially considering this thread (http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4541&start=50#end). You can believe what you want, but making claims like that is simply absurd.

P.S. While I do not have a link, it has been said that only 10% of people purchasing a Wii did not own a console last generation.

DonWii said:
@Nonquihote

Do the Sony/Microsoft games have over 1000 votes, like Ocarina of Time?
The more votes it has, the more representative the score is. If it only has a few votes, then the score does not reflect the forums opinion of the game, only a few members.

around 150/200 is plenty enough.

PS3owner said:
I also think that all the 360 fans are playing all the great games for their system while the wii/PS3 fans are forced to troll the forums. To say that Nintendo fans are smarter is just trolling, go look at the PS3 threads on here, half the posts are just Nintendo trolls. gballzak or whatever their name is has about 2000 troll posts :P

Nintendo fans, not Nintendo fanboys...

In fact, fanboys in general just need to stop existing. If you are a fan of one system, but have no hate towards the others, then that's fine. I've just noticed that there are less fanboys on the Nintendo side. 

xbebop said:
PS3owner said:
I also think that all the 360 fans are playing all the great games for their system while the wii/PS3 fans are forced to troll the forums. To say that Nintendo fans are smarter is just trolling, go look at the PS3 threads on here, half the posts are just Nintendo trolls. gballzak or whatever their name is has about 2000 troll posts :P

Nintendo fans, not Nintendo fanboys...

In fact, fanboys in general just need to stop existing. If you are a fan of one system, but have no hate towards the others, then that's fine. I've just noticed that there are less fanboys on the Nintendo side. 

Your on alchohol or sometin? lol j/k

mM