By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The forum - no longer nintendo biased?

Why would the mods be biased? ioi knows that if he lets them be biased, this website would lose support from the PS3/360 people and therefore a large part of the users around here.

I think that the mods are doing a good job, and nobody is going to be banned just because they support one console or another, but you are asking for trouble if you make flamebait comments, or act like a general doof around here.

Around the Network

Sites like ign or gametrailers don't have a stigma of being bias, the fact that people are asking questions on here shows there is some sort of problem.

Only way to prove anything would be to make a poll to see what Sony/ Ms/ Nintendo console owners think, then we could see if opinions vary based on the console they own.

Is there any legit reason for their not being equal amount of mods that own 360s or PS3s as there are those that only own the wii ? i sure don't see one. It would be real hard to make a case for the forum being biased if there was a equal number.

but why do you think that this website is biased? Have you seen the mods do anything that they shouldn't have? Personally, I've never seen a mod ban someone that was not a troublemaker.

Killzone3 said:
Sites like ign or gametrailers don't have a stigma of being bias, the fact that people are asking questions on here shows there is some sort of problem.

Only way to prove anything would be to make a poll to see what Sony/ Ms/ Nintendo console owners think, then we could see if opinions vary based on the console they own.

Is there any legit reason for their not being equal amount of mods that own 360s or PS3s as there are those that only own the wii ? i sure don't see one. It would be real hard to make a case for the forum being biased if there was a equal number.

ckmlb is a mod. Bro owns all 3 consoles.

mM
AllAll said:
Rath said:

Earlier on the forum was extremely - and obviously - fulled with members biased towards nintendo, nobody denied it certain PS3 fans felt the need to complain about it at length.

Is it still this way? I have noticed that there are a lot more PS3 fans on the forum now and that they are now making their voice heard as much as the Nintendo fanboys insist on making theirs.

So, do you think the forum as a whole has become more balanced and less biased towards N recently?

I doubt its the users and i really dont see more PS3 users.  The bias comes form the power that be not the users.  Make a list of the mods, id bet most own wiis maybe 2 own a 360 and just one has a PS3 now that bias.

Only unbias mod on the forum is ckmlb, cause he own the 3 consoles how bais can you be if you spent the $ on the 3 consoles.  You own one console your bias, dont gimmi any bs about they are not.  The fact they own only one is proof enough. 

Actually, I don't own any of the new home consoles, but either way, that argument makes no sense. Being a good mod/poster is all about your decorum and reasonableness. I don't care if you think the Dreamcast will win the console war with 38 Billion sold. As long as you make intelligent posts and respect the other users, I like you.

Hey Ben, settle down deputy!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Who cares if the mods are biased, their job isn't to edit content. The plain fact is that for whatever reason, PS3 fans have been the most likely to launch personal attacks or use foul language. There is a certain crowd that cannot behave in a civil matter when it comes to disagreements. Instead they resort to making inappropriate comments of a sexual or perverse manner.

For example:

"yep anyone that does not suck off the wii on vgNinCharts must be a troll."

Such comments are all to common from certain PS3 fanboys. If the PS3 community would simply condemn such users, perhaps others would be more sympathetic to their viewpoint.

Killzone3 said:

On the same note, just because they own a Wii does not mean that they hate the PS3/360. It probably just means that they can't justify the price for them at the moment. Every single one of the mods on this site, maybe minus 1, show interest in PS3/360 games.

And, as Dallas said before, the mods do not auto ban anyone that is a 360/PS3 owner. They ban troublemakers.

Sites like IGN and Gametrailers are just general game sites...with a site like this, that has information about sales and such, I can see why some fans get angry if their console is losing or something.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

roadkillers is a PS3 owner as well, I believe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

And as for the "I need to own all 3 consoles to be unbiased"...that's ridiculous...I can't afford more than one console, and I have to save up for a while to buy a new PC. Just because I can't afford all 3 consoles, doesn't mean I'm biased...heck, most people that own 2 or 3 consoles have a favorite...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM