By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The forum - no longer nintendo biased?

I think it has a lot to do with history, just yesterday in fact on an old forum I used to post on I was searching for one of my old posts and came across the E3-2005 thread.

Wow, it was just brutal. I almost cringed reading page after page of this one poor guy trying to defend the "revolution" from hoards and hoards of PS2 user. It was honestly hard to watch.

-Guy 1: "OMG, so the PS3 ROCKS SO FREAKING MUCH!!! It's going to cost probably $300, and it should dominate the 360"

-Guy 2: "Ha, 360 ftw, Halo 3 will kill anything!!! Ps3 looks pretty cool though, should be an interesting battle"

-Guy 3: "Yea, should be close. Well except for Nintendo. LMFAO. I can't believe they are still around. Really, they shouldn't even publish the Revolution, waste of plastic"

-Guys 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13, and 14 : "Yea, Nintendo f***ing sucks, really, they should just make another pokemon game and disband, LMFAO"

-Guy 15: "Hey guys, cmon now... Nintendo didn't even show us the revoltuon's controller. It's suposed to be cool"

- Guys 1-14 and 16-50: "omg, n00b, Nintendo is f***ing lame. Go home and play cartoons on your Gamecube. Haha, n00b."

- Guy 15 " ...but the controller... it might be good..."

- The entire collective forum: "stfu n00b."

I mean honestly, if words could do physical harm, this guy would have been cut into pieces to small for even ants to even bother with. But now with the PS3 not doing so hot, people like "Guy 15" are out and posting with a very clear memory on how they were treated only a year a half ago.

Around the Network

i think part of the reason is that people become more informed through the debates and discussions. which is great--exactly what forums are supposed to do.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Hus and Blue3 are the best posters this site has ever seen, truly gods amongst men :P

PS3owner said:
Hus and Blue3 are the best posters this site has ever seen, truly gods amongst men :P

Sarcasm, nooooooo!

PS3owner said:

Sure if you like profanity filled hate speech, lack of verifiable facts and purely emotionally based arguments.

Around the Network

Oy. The biggest problem by far isn't the people that are illogically supportive of a certain console, but those that are obsessed with talking about everyones bias.

Let's just talk about the games people!

And speaking if games, Advance Wars Dual Strike is currently blowing my mind!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

PS3owner said:

I hope that is sarcasm....

Back on topic, Which fanbase is the more aggressive is a pure matter of perspective however, if people like Windbane and MontannaHatchet are representative of all Sony gamers calling threads like this vile attacks by Nintendo "Fanboys" against Sony, its no wonder some Sony gamers think they're constantly under attack. In fact the only people I see causing an issue in that thread are the overly-defensive Sony gamers attacking the posting of a news article, but I'm sure they'd tell you a different story. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as is trolling and attacking it would seem.

Rath said:

Earlier on the forum was extremely - and obviously - fulled with members biased towards nintendo, nobody denied it certain PS3 fans felt the need to complain about it at length.

Is it still this way? I have noticed that there are a lot more PS3 fans on the forum now and that they are now making their voice heard as much as the Nintendo fanboys insist on making theirs.

So, do you think the forum as a whole has become more balanced and less biased towards N recently?

I doubt its the users and i really dont see more PS3 users.  The bias comes form the power that be not the users.  Make a list of the mods, id bet most own wiis maybe 2 own a 360 and just one has a PS3 now that bias.

Only unbias mod on the forum is ckmlb, cause he own the 3 consoles how bais can you be if you spent the $ on the 3 consoles.  You own one console your bias, dont gimmi any bs about they are not.  The fact they own only one is proof enough. 

AllAll said:
Rath said:

Earlier on the forum was extremely - and obviously - fulled with members biased towards nintendo, nobody denied it certain PS3 fans felt the need to complain about it at length.

Is it still this way? I have noticed that there are a lot more PS3 fans on the forum now and that they are now making their voice heard as much as the Nintendo fanboys insist on making theirs.

So, do you think the forum as a whole has become more balanced and less biased towards N recently?

I doubt its the users and i really dont see more PS3 users.  The bias comes form the power that be not the users.  Make a list of the mods, id bet most own wiis maybe 2 own a 360 and just one has a PS3 now that bias.

Only unbias mod on the forum is ckmlb, cause he own the 3 consoles how bais can you be if you spent the $ on the 3 consoles.  You own one console your bias, dont gimmi any bs about they are not.  The fact they own only one is proof enough. 

No Mod is unbiased and ownership of any or all three consoles doesn't prove or disprove a bias, but they all do their jobs well and show unbiased behavior when they have to.

To elaborate on your logic, There is really nothing more naive than thinking that simple ownership of any number of products makes you any less adept at prefering one over another. Most gamers who buy all three do so to make sure they can get all the games they want but in the end they still prefer one over the rest. Let's avoid trolling please.

eab said:

I think it has a lot to do with history, just yesterday in fact on an old forum I used to post on I was searching for one of my old posts and came across the E3-2005 thread.

Wow, it was just brutal. I almost cringed reading page after page of this one poor guy trying to defend the "revolution" from hoards and hoards of PS2 user. It was honestly hard to watch.

-Guy 1: "OMG, so the PS3 ROCKS SO FREAKING MUCH!!! It's going to cost probably $300, and it should dominate the 360"

-Guy 2: "Ha, 360 ftw, Halo 3 will kill anything!!! Ps3 looks pretty cool though, should be an interesting battle"

-Guy 3: "Yea, should be close. Well except for Nintendo. LMFAO. I can't believe they are still around. Really, they shouldn't even publish the Revolution, waste of plastic"

-Guys 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13, and 14 : "Yea, Nintendo f***ing sucks, really, they should just make another pokemon game and disband, LMFAO"

-Guy 15: "Hey guys, cmon now... Nintendo didn't even show us the revoltuon's controller. It's suposed to be cool"

- Guys 1-14 and 16-50: "omg, n00b, Nintendo is f***ing lame. Go home and play cartoons on your Gamecube. Haha, n00b."

- Guy 15 " ...but the controller... it might be good..."

- The entire collective forum: "stfu n00b."

I mean honestly, if words could do physical harm, this guy would have been cut into pieces to small for even ants to even bother with. But now with the PS3 not doing so hot, people like "Guy 15" are out and posting with a very clear memory on how they were treated only a year a half ago.

I think this is a case of what I think is common to humans.  Most of us would prefer to get revenge on the people who bullied us in the past.   This doesn't apply to everyone just most people from what I have seen. 

Of these people who were bullied, howerver, most forget about it(whether they forgive it or not), and others never get a chance to get this revenge.  The last few are the ones who don't forget and/or forgive and end up with a chance to get their revenge.  

Guy 15 fits into that small group of people who never forgot nor forgave, and had a chance to get his revenge. 

A similar example would be if a person punched you in the face.  I bet you would want to get them back instead of just walking away; unless you're really passive about violence.  Whether you act or not, I don't know, but the want to act will be there.

To sum this up, I think most people would opt to go by the saying, "an eye for an eye", over "two wrongs don't make a right".