By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The forum - no longer nintendo biased?

I think forum is a bit more balanced right now. Few months ago you could easily list all PS3 users on this site. Right now group of PS3 users is indeed much bigger. I think it would be very interesting to provide big survey for VGChartz to state share of all platforms here (some graphs maybe...) 

Around the Network

It would be better if there were more Nintendo fans anyway. They seem smarter(in general) than Sony fans. This is just coming from a few years of observing.

I also think that all the 360 fans are playing all the great games for their system while the wii/PS3 fans are forced to troll the forums. To say that Nintendo fans are smarter is just trolling, go look at the PS3 threads on here, half the posts are just Nintendo trolls. gballzak or whatever their name is has about 2000 troll posts :P

dude nobodys being biased, atleast what ive seen it doesnt seem biased.

mM

There are many factors at play ...

PS3 fans are generally the most insulting towards users, games and systems which is why they're banned a lot. I think this is somewhat natural as current PS3 fans are probably both fans of Sony and believers that 'Graphics are the only way to advance videogames' and are probably frustrated by the success of Nintnedo systems.

XBox 360 fans are generally quiet because the XBox 360 is in a very "netural" position on most message boards; they share the argument that "Graphics Matter" with Sony fans yet can share the argument that "The PS3 is too expensive" with Nintendo fans. Beyond that the XBox 360 has taken a lot of beatings to this point in time and even the fans are probably willing to admit that it has its warts.

The Nintendo fans are somewhat smug, and often overly smug when responding to the negative comments from PS3 fans. A large portion of this is that they are the people who believed in the Nintendo DS and Wii from the beginning and were constantly defending Nintendo's approach; the fact that they were right on a level that (probably) surpassed their expectations has made them this way.

Around the Network
PS3owner said:

Most of the Sony and Microsoft fans on this site grew up playing Nintendo games, and they feel let down with what Nintendo has down to the world of gaming, they turn a blind eye to harcore fans and try to promote the system to old ladies, its good for Nintendo but not for their Original fans.

I could say the very same thing about Sony. If they wouldn't have let me down for number of reasons, like they didn't with the PS2, I would have own a PS3 from November last year, you could bet on that.

Oh and thanks, so being 30 makes me an old lady as I own a WII?

@Rolstoppable, LOL that really "pones"

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

WiiGirl76 said:
PS3owner said:

Most of the Sony and Microsoft fans on this site grew up playing Nintendo games, and they feel let down with what Nintendo has down to the world of gaming, they turn a blind eye to harcore fans and try to promote the system to old ladies, its good for Nintendo but not for their Original fans.

I could say the very same thing about Sony. If they wouldn't have let me down for number of reasons, like they didn't with the PS2, I would have own a PS3 from November last year, you could bet on that.

Oh and thanks, so being 30 makes me an old lady as I own a WII?

@Rolstoppable, LOL that really "pones"

Come on Grandma get with the program

HappySqurriel said:

There are many factors at play ...

PS3 fans are generally the most insulting towards users, games and systems which is why they're banned a lot. I think this is somewhat natural as current PS3 fans are probably both fans of Sony and believers that 'Graphics are the only way to advance videogames' and are probably frustrated by the success of Nintnedo systems.

XBox 360 fans are generally quiet because the XBox 360 is in a very "netural" position on most message boards; they share the argument that "Graphics Matter" with Sony fans yet can share the argument that "The PS3 is too expensive" with Nintendo fans. Beyond that the XBox 360 has taken a lot of beatings to this point in time and even the fans are probably willing to admit that it has its warts.

The Nintendo fans are somewhat smug, and often overly smug when responding to the negative comments from PS3 fans. A large portion of this is that they are the people who believed in the Nintendo DS and Wii from the beginning and were constantly defending Nintendo's approach; the fact that they were right on a level that (probably) surpassed their expectations has made them this way.

I agree with you on ps3 fans(including myself) they are the rudest against people on this site and many more, but there has to have been something in the past to bring up there anger towards people. All you hear around youtube or myspace is "wii60 FTW", and bashing comments towards the ps3, that would bring up the anger of any fan.

mM

I think the forums are more balanced now .

I think PS3 fans have had to be agressive because the general tone of the forum was NIntendo praising (ok ) and PS3 bashing (not ok ) .Yes ,the nintendo fans had some reason with the sales numbers in their hands ,but that didnt justify attacking so ruthlessly the PS3 not giving it a hope of survival and repeating with joy post after post the "sony doomed " arguement .

I think the problem, leo-j, is when we actually read/listen to the crap people say on youtube and myspace