By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The forum - no longer nintendo biased?

ive been on many many many many gaming forums and it has one constance gamers in general love the wii. and this is fromt he hardcore gamers not the xbox360/ps3 so called "hardcore" gamers. so yeah if this so called bias towards nintendo on these forums means only one thing like the days of the ps2 launch whatever is the most popular console gets more praise on forums then any other console

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network
tabsina said:
I think the problem, leo-j, is when we actually read/listen to the crap people say on youtube and myspace

Exactly

mM

Hmmz there were indeed a lot of ignorant, offensive and plain stupid PS3-fanboys here. I still remember 'Blue3', you can figure...

Bwa for the rest i think that the same old discussions still exist, but they are now better conducted. See at the forum toppics, the subject and approach are both given and some usefull info is given in the topic itself. That makes it easyer to read a conversation.

Yet i think that Wii and XBox owers can stand the PS3, but in the other direction it's fairly difficult. But if you see the long list of bad-PS3-news combined with the crap the Sony-PR spits out i can understand there is a bit of friction. Once christmas sales are over and once the Sony-PR is up to level things will settle down and we will all live happily ever after ;).

WiiGirl76 said:
PS3owner said:

Most of the Sony and Microsoft fans on this site grew up playing Nintendo games, and they feel let down with what Nintendo has down to the world of gaming, they turn a blind eye to harcore fans and try to promote the system to old ladies, its good for Nintendo but not for their Original fans.

I could say the very same thing about Sony. If they wouldn't have let me down for number of reasons, like they didn't with the PS2, I would have own a PS3 from November last year, you could bet on that.

Oh and thanks, so being 30 makes me an old lady as I own a WII?

@Rolstoppable, LOL that really "pones"

Don't feel so bad. I had to explain to my wife last night that a 40 year old female is not a typical gamer.

misterd said:
WiiGirl76 said:
PS3owner said:

Most of the Sony and Microsoft fans on this site grew up playing Nintendo games, and they feel let down with what Nintendo has down to the world of gaming, they turn a blind eye to harcore fans and try to promote the system to old ladies, its good for Nintendo but not for their Original fans.

I could say the very same thing about Sony. If they wouldn't have let me down for number of reasons, like they didn't with the PS2, I would have own a PS3 from November last year, you could bet on that.

Oh and thanks, so being 30 makes me an old lady as I own a WII?

@Rolstoppable, LOL that really "pones"

Don't feel so bad. I had to explain to my wife last night that a 40 year old female is not a typical gamer.

My mother is in her mid 50s and she spends more time playing games than the 3 males in the family combined (well at least she used back when I was living at home). Admitively she isn't a console gamer anymore, not since my parents bought an HDTV 5 years back and the Atari 2600 was retired, but she definitely enjoys her pc games.

Around the Network

I think it's not so much a bias, just a numbers majority. When a majority of people like X, that's usually what gets talked about more often, or in a more positive light. While this isn't a bad thing, when you get idiots in each camp that will blindly spout numbers, or argue something completely illogical or even just spout out one line of shill for whatever fanboy camp they support, then you spark up these fights between camps.

Forums are a great place to find some good arguments and some good information, but like online gaming and the real world, you have to sort through a lot of crap before you get to the fun parts of it.

The real 'bias' comes out when people start posts. They do not post ideas or news as if it were just news, they will post things that support their view on the console battles, or something that doesn't and share their opinions of why X analyst or reviewer is wrong. And that's not really controlled by the site itself but the people using it.

Diomedes1976 said:
I think the forums are more balanced now .

I think PS3 fans have had to be agressive because the general tone of the forum was NIntendo praising (ok ) and PS3 bashing (not ok ) .Yes ,the nintendo fans had some reason with the sales numbers in their hands ,but that didnt justify attacking so ruthlessly the PS3 not giving it a hope of survival and repeating with joy post after post the "sony doomed " arguement .

The hate for Sony by Nintendo fans started back when Ken Kutaragi made it his mission to kill Nintendo (back when they brought the PS1 to market). Now that it looks like Nintendo might have the last laugh, it's fans have become a little cockier. When a company higher up makes it his mission to kill another company, obviously there will be some i'll will towards the company that this man works for. (This is just one of the reasons)

I happen to like what both companies have brought to the market, however it's been harder to be a Sony fan when everything you liked about them in the past has changed so drastically. Not to say that it's wrong of them to change their direction, it just seems that Sony's had too many internal fightings to concentrate on us!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I am certainly a Nintendo fan until I quit gaming. This site shows no bias but when a console is as successful as Wii is right now, you can expect there to be a few more fans than of thee other consoles. Chicago Bulls were extrememly popular back in the nineties, now, not even close. The winning side is always going to have the most supporters. I am one of the few that has taken to Nintendo since as far back as I can remember. Nothing is going to change that.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

it was a bit biased probably still is.. but thats the users who are doing that not this site on purpose.. if i make a thread saying " Sony is readying fall lineup" and someone says theyve only sold 3 mil their lineup sucks thats trolling and thats biast and not needed.. sometimes i just wanna say dude get a life

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

leo-j said:
HappySqurriel said:

There are many factors at play ...

PS3 fans are generally the most insulting towards users, games and systems which is why they're banned a lot. I think this is somewhat natural as current PS3 fans are probably both fans of Sony and believers that 'Graphics are the only way to advance videogames' and are probably frustrated by the success of Nintnedo systems.

XBox 360 fans are generally quiet because the XBox 360 is in a very "netural" position on most message boards; they share the argument that "Graphics Matter" with Sony fans yet can share the argument that "The PS3 is too expensive" with Nintendo fans. Beyond that the XBox 360 has taken a lot of beatings to this point in time and even the fans are probably willing to admit that it has its warts.

The Nintendo fans are somewhat smug, and often overly smug when responding to the negative comments from PS3 fans. A large portion of this is that they are the people who believed in the Nintendo DS and Wii from the beginning and were constantly defending Nintendo's approach; the fact that they were right on a level that (probably) surpassed their expectations has made them this way.

I agree with you on ps3 fans(including myself) they are the rudest against people on this site and many more, but there has to have been something in the past to bring up there anger towards people. All you hear around youtube or myspace is "wii60 FTW", and bashing comments towards the ps3, that would bring up the anger of any fan.

I can definitely understand that.  It really sucks to hear the console you prefer constantly bashed.  But Nintendo fans had to put up with 10 years of 'Nintendo is teh kiddiez' and 'Mario suxerz'.  It's been nice for Nintendo to be back on top, but this has caused friction from Sony fans because they aren't top dog anymore.  Blame goes to both sides for inflaming the arguments, but personally, I think people like larry, Hus, washimul, blue3 and others like that certainly caused a lot of trouble.

I was planning on getting a PS3 before E3 2006 when I thought it would only be $400 (I thought that was expensive, but worth it).  When they announced it was $600, I took that as a 'Screw You' to the casual fans that made the PS2 a success.  My reason for wanting Sony to lose this generation is not because I hate them, or hate their games.  It's because I fear that if a $600 console can become the market leader, the next one will cost $1000.  Then I will never play games again.