By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official September NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST ~4 hours from now)

kamil said:
@Veggie: So posting facts is a spin work? My analysis is as accurate and objective as possible given the limited data avalible.

Yes you are correct, those were the Mexico numbers I remembered but I didn't realise they were for different periods of time, I guess either data is missing or PS3 was launched later in Mexico?

Around the Network

@TWRoO: Yes, it was. X360 was released in Mexico 3 months after its US and PS3 9 months after its US release. Add to that about 1 year difference between PS3 and X360 US releases. X360 numbers were for almost 2-year period while PS3 for only around 5 months.

I always enjoy the spin. It seems that the lower in place you are, the more text you need to respond to the NPD numbers.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

This thread was no fun without me.

Thank you everyone for defending my honor/mentioning me.

It was a pretty unjust ban, and that's all I'll say about that.

Anyhoo, Sony did pretty crappy this NPD, and the spin sucks.

Good job Ninty and MS, though we did overtrack 360 by a fair bit, but were really close with PS3. w00t!

SpartanFX said:
@fishyjoy

I think GTAIV08 made a mistake ,,,let him explain it to you see if that's the case ,,cause it would be an unfair ban if the answer was ment for fernando,,,,,,,

the person that deserves the ban is Fernando for starting a flame war in the first place

GTAIV08 is a raging troll and most probably someone's sockpuppet account.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
celine said:
celine said:
Too Human : 34k
Tales of Vesperia: 37k
Dragon Quest 4 : 34k
Spore : 406k
Warhammer online : 274k

Quoted from the previous page.

VGChartz numbers (America) :

• Too Human : 47k
  • Tales of Vesperia : 34k
  • Dragon Quest IV : 67k

Dragon Quest apparently selling even worse that we thought.

Vesperia's sales aren't exactly spectacular either, but it surprises me less.

I was hoping for a little more for Spore, but that's still pretty good.

And this is more or less out of topic, but I've just realised, while looking for the numbers, that 'Harvest Moon: Island of Hapiness' and 'Sonic Chronicles' were the top sellers on the DS in their corresponding launch week, according to VGChartz. Pretty interesting.

Seneque said:
celine said:
celine said:

VGChartz numbers (America) :

• Too Human : 47k
  • Tales of Vesperia : 34k
  • Dragon Quest IV : 67k

Dragon Quest apparently selling even worse that we thought.

Vesperia's sales aren't exactly spectacular either, but it surprises me less.

I was hoping for a little more for Spore, but that's still pretty good.

And this is more or less out of topic, but I've just realised, while looking for the numbers, that 'Harvest Moon: Island of Hapiness' and 'Sonic Chronicles' were the top sellers on the DS in their corresponding launch week, according to VGChartz. Pretty interesting.

Dragon Quest just can not do well in the States.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's because Americans know the Dragon Quest series is a pile of shit.

celine said:
celine said:

Wow, Vesperia is bad. Symphonia on Gamecube sold some 500k. Where are all the guys that bought Lost Odyssee? Or was that a coincidence.
Too Human is the bomb of this gen, really. That's not good considering last gen they had a major bomb as well with Eternal Darkness.

Lost Odyssey had a TV ad, ToV didn't.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).