By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official September NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST ~4 hours from now)

jasonnc80 said:

@Fernando

Hope you don't mind me quoting this from you on Joystiq. Don't know who made it but I know people were calling for some gifs :P

Mama Robotnik from NeoGaf.  Pretty much all the Star Trek (I think this may be the first one not from star trek, but I could have missed some) NPD gifs from the past few months have been from him.

Around the Network

^^^ haha figured it was from there but I usually stay away from the drama on NPD days

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
SpartanFX said:
Fernando said:

Next week:

"... just wait until LBP numbers blah blah..."

Next month:

"... well, LBP is a new IP, that's why it did not sold too much software and hardware... but, but... just wait until Killzone 2..."

Several months more:

"... well, Killzone 2 did not sold a lot of hardware either... but just wait until God of War 3 and Gran Turismo... PS3 will outsell the Wii for sure..."

I love the "... just wait until..." quote from Sony fanboys =p

lol we got a fanboy calling out other fanboys,,,no really go on,,,this by no mean s is trolling,,,,,,beacuese no one talked about kz2 in this thread you felt the need to bring it up.

i bet last 2 generations of gaming were a living  hell for you.

OT:they all did great ,and i didn't expect PS3 to do this well when it's competition is half the price.well wii as always is doing great,,,same with DS.

Didn't you read his post?

You're not due to start talking about Killzone 2 till next month.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

After 23 months:

Wii: 12.5m
PS2: 10.8m
XBX: 6.9m
360: 6.8m
PS3: 5.5m
GCB: 4.6m

After 35 months:

PS2: 18.8m
360: 11.2m
XBX: 9.7m
GCB: 7.8m

BKK2 said:

Microsoft:

347,000 Xbox 360 consoles sold in September following our U.S. price cut on Sept. 5 contributing to a U.S. install base of 11.3 million (September NPD data). Xbox 360 is now the most affordable next generation console on the market—$50 less than the Wii and half the price of the PlayStation 3.

Backed by September sales data, which showed $326 million in total consumer spend in the U.S. and a record software attach rate of 8.1 (September NPD data), we know Xbox 360 owners will continue to flex their buying power in the coming weeks when blockbusters like “Gears of War 2,” “Lips,” “Fable II,” “You’re in the Movies” and “Scene It? Box Office Smash” hit shelves.

Xbox 360 is the preferred stage for this holiday’s hottest music games

New music tracks for popular games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero extend every music experience so every party feels like a new party. Xbox LIVE has delivered more than 80% of the downloadable songs for music games, currently averaging 3.8 million music downloads per month. In total, Xbox 360 users have enjoyed more than 45 million music downloads. (Microsoft internal data)

In addition to leading the online music game market, Xbox 360 sells more copies of the world’s favorite music franchises. To date this generation, in the U.S., nearly 2 million copies of the Rock Band franchise have sold on the Xbox 360, almost 1 million more than the competition combined. Life-to-date sales of the Guitar Hero franchise on Xbox 360 top 4 million, securing more than 50% of franchise sales this generation (September NPD data).

“Rock Band 2” debuts exclusively on Xbox 360

· Since its U.S. launch on Sept. 14, “Rock Band 2” on the Xbox 360 sold 363,000 copies in September, making it September’s #3 selling game.

· This holiday, Xbox 360 will continue to sell more third-party games like “Rock Band 2” than the competition. In September alone, Xbox 360 generated $167 million in third party game sales.

Calling all shower singers, wanna-be rappers and pop princesses – “Lips” hits the stage in November

· “Lips” will have music fans singing their favorite tunes this holiday season as this totally new singing IP lands around the globe. “Lips” lets people sing the music they want with breakthrough wireless motion-sensitive microphones, backed by master tracks and original music videos. “Lips” hits in mid-November, exclusively for Xbox 360 from Microsoft and iNiS.

“Guitar Hero® World Tour” drops on Oct. 26 with a cooperative band experience, newly redesigned controllers and in-game Music Studio music creator

· “Guitar Hero World Tour” launches on Oct. 26. Xbox 360 gamers worldwide have early access to an R.E.M. track pack featuring three songs from the band’s new album, and Metallica’s highly anticipated full-length album, “Death Magnetic,” was offered to music fans around the world as downloadable content on Xbox LIVE in its entirety on the same day the record was released.

At the Tokyo Game Show last week we announced that the New Xbox Experience will launch worldwide on Nov. 19. For the first time in the history of the internet, 14 million consumers across 24 countries will all tune in at the same time to watch their Xbox 360 completely reinvent itself, for free, with the New Xbox Experience.

From the best music games and blockbuster titles, to LIVE Parties, photo sharing and access to a movie and TV show library 30,000 deep through the New Xbox Experience, Xbox 360 has something for everyone this holiday.

Those numbers are pretty misleading. Xbox 360 is the only platform where RockBand 2 has released already and the Wii version of RockBand 1 was released much later. And as far as Guitar Hero goes, 360 was the only platform to get Guitar Hero 2, which greatly inflates their numbers.

Also I can't believe they put Lips, Scene It and You're in the Movies in the same sentence as Gears of War and Fable 2.

Around the Network
kamil said:
TWRoO said:
Yakuzaice said:
mrstickball said:
Actually, WiiStation360, most of the said consoles were undertracked in some way or another....X360 was low since NPD only covers the USA.

Unless you are talking about software as well, the DS and 360 are still overtracked after multiplying by .9.  Not by much mind you, but they aren't undertracked.

Interesting to see how big the gap was between the PS3 and Wii versions of TFU.  VGC has them practically equal, while NPD has the PS3 45% higher.

Actually as BKK2 has proved with his vast collection of sales data, the PS3 is either unreleased, or selling basically nothing in the areas outside USA and Canada, while the X360 is doing very well in Mexico and most South American countries.

So in fact, for the X360... you shouldn't just add 10%, but more like 12%

Wheras for PS3, adding in Canada usually only adds 8% or so, and Wii about 9 or 10%.... DS sells well in most places, so it would be slightly more than 10% too.

The 10% figure is in reference to the whole market, so of all Americas sales, USA accounts for 90%, but the split differes between consoles.

BKK has proven PS3 selling nothing? The only data avalible (and not too recent) is for Mexico and on monthly basis PS3 was estimatad to sale 3.7% of what it is selling in US. True, it's not as much as X360 (6.6%) but more than Wii and by any means not nothing (Link).

If there is a problem with PS3 avalibility (and it's proven as you said) than give me list of LA countries where X360 and Wii were released compared to PS3.

As of Canada, PS3 has higher percentage sales there compared to other this-gen home consoles (as of June PS3 sold in Canada 9.6% of what it sold in US, compared to 7.9% for 360 and 8.65% for Wii). Not other data for LA as far as I know. X360 gains almost 3% in  Mexico but loses almost 2% in Canada which leaves it with  very similar situation to PS3.

I'm not really sure where you can get 45% more sales of STFU for Wii as all data known actually suggest Wii sells worse (comparatively to US) than PS3 in LA and Canada.

Sony should hire you for their spin press releases.

celine said:
Too Human : 34k
Tales of Vesperia: 37k
Dragon Quest 4 : 34k
Spore : 406k
Warhammer online : 274k

Quoted from the previous page.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Okay, this is getting weird.

VGC:

August:

VGChartz estimation of Mario Kart Wii: 198K.

NPD: 330K

September:

VGC estimate: 280K

NPD: 380K

That's pretty huge gaps.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@Veggie: So posting facts is a spin work? My analysis is as accurate and objective as possible given the limited data avalible.

Veggie said:
kamil said:

BKK has proven PS3 selling nothing? The only data avalible (and not too recent) is for Mexico and on monthly basis PS3 was estimatad to sale 3.7% of what it is selling in US. True, it's not as much as X360 (6.6%) but more than Wii and by any means not nothing (Link).

If there is a problem with PS3 avalibility (and it's proven as you said) than give me list of LA countries where X360 and Wii were released compared to PS3.

As of Canada, PS3 has higher percentage sales there compared to other this-gen home consoles (as of June PS3 sold in Canada 9.6% of what it sold in US, compared to 7.9% for 360 and 8.65% for Wii). Not other data for LA as far as I know. X360 gains almost 3% in  Mexico but loses almost 2% in Canada which leaves it with  very similar situation to PS3.

I'm not really sure where you can get 45% more sales of STFU for Wii as all data known actually suggest Wii sells worse (comparatively to US) than PS3 in LA and Canada.

Sony should hire you for their spin press releases.

spin? you just pulled that right out of your ass didn't you? it's clear you actually have nothing constructive to say.