By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quickest game to 10 million?

GTA: San andreas
9 weeks

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network

why is EVERYONE forgetting:

Grand Theft Auto V

GTA 5....there will be one ye know!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

c0rd said:
ssj12 said:

Singstar and Buzz are awesome party games. EyeToy games are different. They are by far not garbage.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply they were. I just don't see what makes the Wii Series qualify as shovelware, while nobody comments on the Sony games.

low budget feel. Even the screensavers for the PS Eye are only like a dollar. They dont feel cheap when you compare price vs what you get. Wii Music for example looks bad and they are charging full price? (or is it buindled with a controller like Wii Play?)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

GTA: San Andreas on the PS2 and easily. Nothing else has even come close. MK Wii will probably be the closest one and it's going on 30 weeks haha.

Will it ever be surpassed? Maybe but it'll need quite a huge franchise with a large opener. 4 million first week with a 2 million second week, then 1 million, and then it needs to be well timed to jump into the holiday season like GTA: SA was.

GT5 is not going to make it to 10 million as quickly as Mario Kart Wii, if at all.

My question is what will make it to 15 million the fastest. Now that's interesting.

Around the Network

@khuutra

some pokemon game in the future

or GTA 5

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well Wii Play beat GTA San Andreas to the 14 million. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

brute said:
Gran Turismo 4 didn't even sell 10 million,what makes you guy's think that GT5 will sell 10 million,let alone be the fastest to do it?

Polyphony Digital has GT4 listed at over 10mil and the game is still selling very well.

BengaBenga said:
GTAIV08 said:
BengaBenga said:
brute said:
Gran Turismo 4 didn't even sell 10 million,what makes you guy's think that GT5 will sell 10 million,let alone be the fastest to do it?

There are two words that can desribe it. Hope and Denial 

2 words to describe you, ps3 hater. also how come your always online? whether its night, day, evening, afternoon our always online. you must love this site.

lol, I'm not a hater of any console, but some people are so blind in their love for a console that they'll see every criticism (how well funded it may be) as hate.

Look, the PS3 is no PS2 and GT5 won't sell as well as GT3 or 4. That's plain logic. Especially since the casuals that were a big part of the PS2 userbase  are now mainly on Wii. And GT5 is very popular among casuals. I think it's a very logical, and not hatefull, remark that GT5 won't be the fastest game to ever reach 10 million.

And yes I do love the site, but to assure you: I do sleep. And if you're able to track when I'm online you're probably on a lot as well.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Come on guys GT5 doesn't stand a chance GT5:P barely sold 2 Mil. It will be nice if GT5 sell 5 Mil in its lifetime.