By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - pc vs consoles

i just want to get one thing straight with gamers.  why is is that people who play pc say its so much better than consoles?  i've played on pc numerous times and all i can say is that consoles are easily my favorite to lay on for any game, especially shooters.  the mouse and keyboeard to me is just crap.  a console controller is meant for playing games ya know.  not to mention that i do not need an upgrade every three seconds so i can play my games.  later thing i want to do is buy a graphics card just because my computer isn't strong enough for the games after i only bought it six months ago.  its bullshit.  i could care less about the graphics, its all the same to me.  if you read this, tell me why you love the pc or consoles more.  also, just your opinion please, none of that i'm so retarded or is should suck a dick cause i'll  delete your post.  i only gave my thoughts and just want to know everyone else's.  i don't want to argue over the internet.  just don't be douchebag and it'll all be good

Around the Network

If you don't care about graphics, then why complain about having to upgrade your PC? Especially since you think that it has to be upgraded every three seconds.

I'm not really going to go too deep into this right now, but I will say that those are your opinions and in my opinion, you're wrong as I like PC gaming. Also, I especially enjoy the keyboard and mouse for shooter games compared to a controller.

Question, how will you delete people's posts? Are you an undercover mod or something?

I prefer consoles because they generally get less viruses than PC's online.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I prefer consoles cause it looks like PC's hate me.

Consoles are much better. Much more freedom.

Maybe I'm just lazy and want to sit on my bed while I play Tales of Vesperia or Twilight Princess...

Around the Network

well if you're more into the fps or mmorpg's, PC's just the best, there is no doubt about that. But if you're more into racing games or adventure games, consoles are the leader.

I Play pc for 14 years now and consoles for 16, so I had a taste from both. I say each has it´s appeal. pc IS better for shooters, strategy and simulators. And I can easilly get a joystick for pc if I don´t like the keyboard and mouse squeme( did for madden, fifa and pES). Played MoH Airbourne, COD2, MoH, GTAVC and SA and I can say only one thing about console aiming NIGTHMARE. But playing in a big tv is awesome, not having to intall anything or worry about specs too. Play games with friends or family is way better on consoles. On the other hand can´t imagine playing strategy on consoles. I know you can play it on x360, but I can´t imagine being easier than in the pc.
The point is I have both and play the games I like. The best deal if you ask me. btw I´m getting Bioshock, COD5 and 4 and Fallout3 for pc, but PES09 for Ps3.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

melbye said:
I prefer consoles cause it looks like PC's hate me.

lol you too ?

Tremble said:

well if you're more into the fps or mmorpg's, PC's just the best, there is no doubt about that. But if you're more into racing games or adventure games, consoles are the leader.

MMORPGs - Yes

Shooter - No   It's easier to play it on PC, but you can also have a great experience with console shooter once you are accustomed to aim with the mini sticks.

I would add RTS in general to your list of games which are bettter on PC, but Halo Wars seem to have a good controls. Well we will see.

If you know enough about computers and money is not an issue, you can build, right now, a more powerful machine than any existing console. I think that is a fact. You can put it in your living room, you can use wireless controllers, hi def tv, and so on. I think that is a fact, too.

BUT!

I suck at building computers, configuration, mantainance. I hate them. To me, it's way too complicated. I also kind of have the feeling that computers hate me. I have no patience. And I don't have that kind of money either...

That's why I love consoles. They are so easy. You never ask yourself "Would my console meet the minimun requirements to run this game?".

About the kind of games... The FPS are everywhere now, and the discussion about the mouse or controller is just a matter of habit. If your a social individual, maybe you will like the consoles too. But if you are really into mmorpg's and prefer "virtual" social contact, maybe a PC is better in that case. (Final Fantasy XI was a mmorpg's, right? Was it any good? Because I understand it was a ps2 game to play online, but I don't know if it can be compared with WoW, for example). I haven't seen anything really goon in consoles in the case of RTS, but I don't think it's due to the machine, it's just a matter of the nature of the market, you know, demographics and also the habit of the mouse. The Wii remote could do that very well, but I am not sure about the graphics.

As my signature says I love PC games, but I hate computers. People who feel secure enough about their knowledge of PC gaming will tell you that is better and not always more expensive. But if I had plenty of money, I would just hire someone to do it for me, so I can just play games.

I prefer consoles because PC gaming (keyboard + mouse) is not my thing personally. Also the hacking and all those stupid tools to help people cheat puts me off (although I noticed an increasing in glitch-bitches on CoD4 PS3 recently).

Also, considering that the last 2 pillars of PC gaming that haven't been entirely conquered by consoles (RTS and MMORPG's, yes there are RTS's and MMORPG on consoles, but they are pretty much all crap). I have no interest in.

I know you can get a 360 controller for windows, but even using my six-axis on my PC (it can be done on vista) I prefer playing on the 46inch LCD TV as opposed 17inch LCD Monitor

Also, I know that for X amount of years my console will be able to play all new games coming out, I can't necessarily say that for PC's.