By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i PC game because of the mouse and keyboard.... so much better then controller in fps games which are my favorite games. basically anything with a gun and blood. i played cod3 on my ps2 and i was horibble. i played really slow paced which is boring. but i still love my ps2 ^^

i console game because of sports games.... and maybe for my 3 GTA games. but im getting GTA4 on PC since i dont own a 7th gen console yet.

id say i spent 33% of the time on console and the 66% on PC

Around the Network

i PC game because of the mouse and keyboard.... so much better then controller in fps games which are my favorite games. basically anything with a gun and blood. i played cod3 on my ps2 and i was horibble. i played really slow paced which is boring. but i still love my ps2 ^^

i console game because of sports games.... and maybe for my 3 GTA games. but im getting GTA4 on PC since i dont own a 7th gen console yet.

It's a matter of taste, i have the Wii, PS3 and 2 PCs, one is connected to my HDTV for gaming and multimedia... And i love PC gaming as much as the console gaming, so i have to choose my games wisely:

360 games available on PC: PC (I'm not buying a 360, not now, not ever)
Wii or PS3 games available on PC: Depends on gameplay (graphics are usually better on PC), but i'm breaking my console RPG rule with The Last Remnant, since the game is made on the UE3, i'm dying to see my new rig working with that game...

PC is by far my favorite.

It's just so much more streamlined than any console, because I can do whatever I want with it, no restrictions. I'll browse the internet, work on some homework, and chat with friends all at the same time...then in a couple seconds I can launch TF2 and chat while playing.

As for controls, the only thing you could maybe argue against the PC is the keyboard. I have absolutely no problem with it, and I think most people that argue against it just aren't used to playing with it. Which isn't fair, considering you've had nearly a decade of practice with dual analogs. The only "problem" I can think of with the keyboard is the lack of analog control. If you want to slowly step forward, or gradually increase thrust or whatever, there isn't much of an option with keyboards...it'd be nice if gaming keyboards came with a slider for some analog support.

Otherwise a keyboard+mouse is way more accurate than a dual analog controller...and if you really want to use one, it's almost always possible.

So if you say "I don't like PC because using the keyboard sux!" you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, having to upgrade should not be considered a negative...mainly because you don't HAVE to upgrade. If you want to build a rig with PS3/360 level graphics, do it, and you shouldn't have to upgrade again unless you want BETTER graphics. So yes, if you want the best of the best graphics all the time, you'll be upgrading a lot. There is no need to max out every game though...you can get through a whole videogame generation on the same rig if you start with a good one. Or at least, only spend $100-200 on upgrades...hardly expensive.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Words Of Wisdom said:
HappySqurriel said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

No, they really wouldn't be that similar.  Until I can mod Twilight Princess to play as Rocky the Squirrel trying to rescue Bullwinkle, they won't be similar at all.

I don't understand what you're trying to say ...

The way that a lot of PC gamers look at the HD consoles is very similar to how a lot of HD console gamers look at the Wii. Even in the context of creating levels and modding games, for the longest time a PC gamer has had the ability to take their favourite games and create brand-new gameplay modes through scripting and think that it is quaint that someone can import a model into the HD consoles to get their favourite character in game; at the same time a HD console owner will look at the level editor in a game like Boom Blox as being quaint because you're stuck with the content that EA decided to ship the game with.

That's a much better comparison than your first one as far as limited content goes.

I'd like your post more if you discarded the widesweeping generalizations though.  I'd think you could make your points equally well without trying to pass your opinions of what "a lot of PC gamers" are like off as fact.

"A lot of PC gamers" does not imply that the PC gamers  in the collection selected are representative of PC gamers in general. For example, if I say "A lot of women enjoy doing Yoga" I'm in no way saying that all (or even the majority of) women enjoy doing yoga.

Around the Network

My favorite is PC, but I play consoles too. I think the consoles are great to play with friends together on the same TV. It's great and fun. I like shooters a lot, so I prefer PC for that. When your at college, sometimes you lack money, and having a PC that can run almost everygames and use it for work is better then paying for a console. If you like FPS, keyboard and mouse is win, for RTS too. You like MMOs? Your served on PC. Even if you like racing games or some console ports, you can plug your xbox 360's controller in and play it like it was on consoles.

And like BenKenobi88 said, you don't have to upgrade like hell to have a good rig. PS3/360 graphics are easy to get today and you don't need more for now.

I'm in for the JRPGs, so consoles for me it is.

That having been said, I've played a couple of MMOs for a few years and keyboard + mouse is much more versatile and precise than console controllers (and even then you can use a controller on the PC if the game doesn't need more than that).

For games available on both it doesn't really matter to me at all. A hdmi cable and some wireless peripherials and I couldn't care less which box exactly is running the game.

alekth said:
I'm in for the JRPGs, so consoles for me it is.

That having been said, I've played a couple of MMOs for a few years and keyboard + mouse is much more versatile and precise than console controllers (and even then you can use a controller on the PC if the game doesn't need more than that).

For games available on both it doesn't really matter to me at all. A hdmi cable and some wireless peripherials and I couldn't care less which box exactly is running the game.

your missing a ton of RPGs that kill JRPGs.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

bRoKeN said:

As UT showed, it's perfectly possible to configure a game to run on a mse/kbrd setup on a console. the question is why have they not allowed this again? can you imagine R:fom or GEoW on a PC controller setup?

The tech is there, just the support is lacking for some reason.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
bRoKeN said:

As UT showed, it's perfectly possible to configure a game to run on a mse/kbrd setup on a console. the question is why have they not allowed this again? can you imagine R:fom or GEoW on a PC controller setup?

The tech is there, just the support is lacking for some reason.

I can in fact imagine GeoW with a PC setup.........because it came out on PC.  I played it on a friend's computer, but I used a 360 controller to play it.  Why?  Because the game was designed to be best used with a dual analog controller.

The same way I'll say GeoW is best with a 360 controller I'll say TF2 is best with a keyboard and mouse.  And if you don't understand why, you need to play it with a keyboard and mouse.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )