By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, well I don't like those kind of RPGs and no, upgrading once every 3-4 years will NOT let you play all the latest games.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
Yeah, well I don't like those kind of RPGs and no, upgrading once every 3-4 years will NOT let you play all the latest games.

Uhhh.... My old laptop is 4 years old and it can run crysis on lowest settings. And this is a laptop, not a tower from 4 years ago. Also the fact that you don't like those types of RPGs doesn't mean their stories/gameplay aren't equal or better than your JRPGs, on top of that you get mod support for many of them, basically extending the playability and the story and gameplay to proportions many many times larger than any JRPG.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Yeah, lowest settings. You just proved my point. With consoles, you won't have to upgrade a single time for, like, 6 years, and you'll still be able to play each and every single game that comes out the day it's out. Okay, and let me rephrase that, I honestly do not like RPGs at all. With a few minor exceptions. Also, I could care less for mod support, downloadable content, online gaming communities and all that stuff. Also, PCs get viruses.

Cheebee said:
Yeah, lowest settings. You just proved my point. With consoles, you won't have to upgrade a single time for, like, 6 years, and you'll still be able to play each and every single game that comes out the day it's out. Okay, and let me rephrase that, I honestly do not like RPGs at all. With a few minor exceptions. Also, I could care less for mod support, downloadable content, online gaming communities and all that stuff. Also, PCs get viruses.

And that's why smart people build PC a year or so after consoles come out. Not only will the PC run any game the consoles have or will ever have it will have better graphics and it will run any new games that come out in the future for the next 3-4 years. Since after those 3-4 years the new "Crysis" games will be coming out, my PC will be able to play the game albeit on low setting but your consoles won't ven get past the opening cinematic. Then for $100 or so I could upgrade my PC to play the game on medium-high settings.

Since you don't care for communities then I guess the console is for you, but you are missing out on a LOT. Also PC's get viruses only if the user doesn't know shit about how to protect himself. Besides, if you don't care about all the online stuff how are you gonna get a virus?

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Cheebee said:
Also, PCs get viruses.

Mine doesn't.

And 6 years for your console? You think the 360 or PS3 is still going to have good graphics by comparison to the PC in 2012?

If you wanted, you could build a PC right now with the graphics capabilities of a PS3/360, and without spending more than $100 in upgrades, you could keep your rig at the same level as PS3/360 for 6 years.

PC games get more graphically advanced all the time though, and it's your choice if you want to max it out or not.

You think it's dumb that vlad321's laptop from 4 years ago can run Crysis on lowest settings? What would that look like...probably a little better than Xbox graphics at times. What consoles were at the top 4 years ago? Oh yeah, PS2/GC/Xbox. Why should you expect more from his laptop?

If you buy a high quality gaming rig now, you can expect to keep it for 4 years if you want, but of course technology always improves, and you'll want to upgrade. You don't HAVE to though, and console owners don't have any choice. At least PC owners can move with the ever-changing technology IF THEY WANT TO.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Can your 4 year old Gamecube play the latest Wii games? There you go. My brother's PC is over 5 years old and is still running recent PC games.

I don't wanna have to build my gaming system. :p
And all PCs get viruses. Maybe not all of them major ones, but minor ones definitely. Even if you're on a Mac, or use Linux or whatever. And you get them even if you don't participate in all that online-gaming glory PC gamers are obsessed with. From surfing the web and all that. So, yeah.

And I'm saying I find it stupid that you'd have to upgrade just to get the most out of new games. With consoles, you're sure to get the most out of the games anyway, because they were made for those specific hardware configurations. It's not about which are the better graphics, of course high-end PCs will be able to produce better graphics than consoles in the end. It's the fact that you will have to upgrade at all to stay up-to-date. Games on consoles are always up to date on their respective console, even if that console's graphical powers may be inferior to some new Alienware PC.
Consoles are easy, plug and play. You're good for an entire generation. I don't want to have to buy separate parts, assemble them, install programs, download patches, fix bugs, pay for extra content, tweak settings and run virusscans and all that.

Also, I prefer decent controllers to mouse-and-keyboard control.

It's simply that games thought for PC are better played on PC and console games are better on consoles, keyboard and mouse affect gameplay, and the same do gamepads. I think in the end it's a very subjective thing, but backed by matter of fact: if you like PC games no other platform will be as much good to play them.
That's why as a PC gamer I'm so tempted by Wii: it's so different that a comparison wouldn't make sense, I feel it would add new things I could like and very little comparable to the games I already play on PC, and so neither of them would risk spoiling the other.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Cheebee said:
I don't wanna have to build my gaming system. :p
And all PCs get viruses. Maybe not all of them major ones, but minor ones definitely. Even if you're on a Mac, or use Linux or whatever. And you get them even if you don't participate in all that online-gaming glory PC gamers are obsessed with. From surfing the web and all that. So, yeah.

And I'm saying I find it stupid that you'd have to upgrade just to get the most out of new games. With consoles, you're sure to get the most out of the games anyway, because they were made for those specific hardware configurations. It's not about which are the better graphics, of course high-end PCs will be able to produce better graphics than consoles in the end. It's the fact that you will have to upgrade at all to stay up-to-date. Games on consoles are always up to date on their respective console, even if that console's graphical powers may be inferior to some new Alienware PC.
Consoles are easy, plug and play. You're good for an entire generation. I don't want to have to buy separate parts, assemble them, install programs, download patches, fix bugs, pay for extra content, tweak settings and run virusscans and all that.

Also, I prefer decent controllers to mouse-and-keyboard control.

Don't say things like that because it shows just how ignorant you are.

It's not stupid, in fact you don't have to upgrade at all and with a newer PC you get more out of your system than what you would get out of your console. You don't have to get the most out of your games down the line, but the point is what you do get will be better than what a console has. Also high-end PCs already produce better graphics than any of the consoles and we're just at the beginning, not the end of the generation. Just about all the software gripes you have right now have becocome staples of the 360/PS3 as well except the fact where you can't tweak settings to make everything look and play just the way you want it to (oh god the horror). Virus scans are literally 1 touch deals and that's it.

Again, it doesn't matter what you prefer, it doesn't change the fact that a mouse is more accurate as an input device then an analog stick and that a keyboard has many more input capabilities than a controller.

@Alby_da_Wolf

That's the exact reason why I decided to spend money on a console. There is no chance of me getting some of the wii games out there for my PC. Maybe down the road PC's will get motion controls too, but until then the Wii is a huge breath of fresh air.

As for your last point, it doesn't matter what you prefer, it doesn't change the fact that a Wiimote-Nunchuk combo has many more input capabilities than a standard mouse + keyboard. *creeps into bombshelter, anticipating flaming*

Ah man, never mind, I'm not gonna get into another one of these endless online debates, it's just not worth it. :p
Seriously, don't go acting all offended and agressive man, I'm just trying to explain my opinion. That's my opinion. You don't like it, fine, that's alright, I don't mind. I'm not trying to convert anyone or anything. I just prefer my consoles, that's all. And if others prefer PCs, and games like Starcraft (good God) or World of Warcraft (good GOD), well good for them, I hope they get tons of enjoyment out of it. Yay for us all, right? :)

Still, all computers get viruses. :p (Hehe, see what I did there?)