By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

hmm, maybe well i don't.  oh well.  whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.  btw, i just think its more comfortable.  i'm terrible at typing and have never really taken time to learn the keyboard.  with a controller, it always just comes naturally

Around the Network
mexitalrish said:

hmm, maybe well i don't. oh well. whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. btw, i just think its more comfortable. i'm terrible at typing and have never really taken time to learn the keyboard. with a controller, it always just comes naturally

You are completely correct, playing on a console is more confortable.  That is why I own a Wii and several old school systems along with my PC.

But it is the other things I mentioned before and in other posts that keeps me playing on my computer.

What's the problem? If you don't like the mouse and keyboard you can play with a pad on PC. And no, you don't need to upgrade your graphics all the time. If you really had to buy a new PC after 6 months, then this means that you bought some crap for 600 dollars/euros.

BenKenobi88 said:
Cheebee said:
I agree with the OP on the point that it's bull to have to upgrade your system every so often just to be able to play the latest games. That's why I prefer consoles. Also, the range of genres of games on PCs is just too limited for me. Basically it's mostly shooters, racers, MMORPGs or strategy games.

Oh yeah, because when Bioshock came out, I totally had to upgrade my system. And when Crysis Warhead came out, I had to upgrade again. And when Left 4 Dead comes out, I'll have to upgrade AGAIN!

Oh wait, no I didn't. I've been running off the same system for a year, and the only upgrade in the past 2 years was a $90 graphics card to keep my games on the high graphics level...oh teh noes!

Well, I have not seen a game that doesn't work on my nearly 3 years old average computer(600e comp back then, this is for you slimeattack :) ). If game doesn't work properly -> just adjust those settings. As there have been some lagging problems and such on current gen consoles. Can you adjust those settings on consoles? ... NO YOU CANT, one more point for PC ... :D

theprof00 said:
157%?!?!?
seriously i stopped reading this guy after he said he needed to upgrade every 3 seconds. Which is obviously true even though i built my pc 1 year and half ago and it can play crysis so....

I am in that 70%, anyway ever heard multiplatforms? :)

sorry I don't understand what you mean in your reply to me Dene.. what do you mean you are "in" the 70%
I was confused by the wording.... the real wording should have been
70% of games come out on the pc, and so on, but it says
70% of all games are developed for the pc. implicitly saying multiplat, but not directly. the first statement would have been clearer in any case.
regardless i made the 110% remark as a joke, then caught on, then made the 157% just following my own trend.

Around the Network

Here's the gist:
Computer 800$ you get to do anything computer related:
burn cds, download music, run pirated apps, emulate, run professional programs, write essays for class, so on and so forth...
an added bonus is that most people already have computers.

Now you can buy a video card every 4 years for 300 or so dollars which is just like buying a console except that it will update all your old games to look better, and you can buy a controller, and have more games, better framerate, more options, as well as mod programs like doom 3's flashlight mod.

theprof00 said:
sorry I don't understand what you mean in your reply to me Dene.. what do you mean you are "in" the 70%
I was confused by the wording.... the real wording should have been
70% of games come out on the pc, and so on, but it says
70% of all games are developed for the pc. implicitly saying multiplat, but not directly. the first statement would have been clearer in any case.
regardless i made the 110% remark as a joke, then caught on, then made the 157% just following my own trend.

Humm... Did you read that article? I wonder did the one who mentioned it even read it? :D

"Survey: 70% of Developers Working on PC, Xbox 360 Tops Console Development"

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54183

(Well, I am making stuff for windows/linux/mac.)

Ohhhh, sweet dude. I had this idea about dino-bone wars like a sim you should make it!

theprof00 said:
Here's the gist:
Computer 800$ you get to do anything computer related:
burn cds, download music, run pirated apps, emulate, run professional programs, write essays for class, so on and so forth...
an added bonus is that most people already have computers.

Now you can buy a video card every 4 years for 300 or so dollars which is just like buying a console except that it will update all your old games to look better, and you can buy a controller, and have more games, better framerate, more options, as well as mod programs like doom 3's flashlight mod.

Whoa whoa whoa, the prices you are quoting are waaaay out there. You need to be spending 50-75% of what you just said.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I don't know what a computer goes for these days, i've been building my own since i was 15, ten years ago.
plus; i don't know what you are saying, are you saying that a console is 50% cheaper? because my point was that most people already have a computer.
graphics card 50% cheaper? possibly, I buy the damn good hardware so maybe that's my problem lol