By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh, OP you did know that you can completely emulate a console, use a controller that plugs in to the USB and even make the graphics better, decrease loading times super significantly, and make backups for your save games without buying cards.

Apparently PC>Console....

Around the Network

You could also ask "Why do some people claim that the HD consoles are so much better than the Wii?" and the answers would be very similar.

State of the art home consoles are competitive with a mid-level gaming PC when they're released, but (fairly) soon the bleeding edge gaming PCs have a dramatic processing power advantage over these consoles. People who enjoy playing their "HD-Console" games are perfectly happy playing their games at a lower resolution, framerate, with lower quality effects and graphical assets which are less detailed because the system is easier to use, has a standard more user-friendly user interface and is receiving games that they're more interested in than the standard PC games. At the same time, PC gamers often dislike how "Dumbed down" console games are, and prefer the much more "Hard-Core" PC games.

HappySqurriel said:

You could also ask "Why do some people claim that the HD consoles are so much better than the Wii?" and the answers would be very similar.

State of the art home consoles are competitive with a mid-level gaming PC when they're released, but (fairly) soon the bleeding edge gaming PCs have a dramatic processing power advantage over these consoles. People who enjoy playing their "HD-Console" games are perfectly happy playing their games at a lower resolution, framerate, with lower quality effects and graphical assets which are less detailed because the system is easier to use, has a standard more user-friendly user interface and is receiving games that they're more interested in than the standard PC games. At the same time, PC gamers often dislike how "Dumbed down" console games are, and prefer the much more "Hard-Core" PC games.

No, they really wouldn't be that similar.  Until I can mod Twilight Princess to play as Rocky the Squirrel trying to rescue Bullwinkle, they won't be similar at all.

Words Of Wisdom said:

No, they really wouldn't be that similar.  Until I can mod Twilight Princess to play as Rocky the Squirrel trying to rescue Bullwinkle, they won't be similar at all.

I don't understand what you're trying to say ...

The way that a lot of PC gamers look at the HD consoles is very similar to how a lot of HD console gamers look at the Wii. Even in the context of creating levels and modding games, for the longest time a PC gamer has had the ability to take their favourite games and create brand-new gameplay modes through scripting and think that it is quaint that someone can import a model into the HD consoles to get their favourite character in game; at the same time a HD console owner will look at the level editor in a game like Boom Blox as being quaint because you're stuck with the content that EA decided to ship the game with.

wisdom is saying that you can play all the console games on a pc. A point I share entirely, except also you can do a thousand other things, plus play popular games that were modded by the community.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

PC games are individually better but consoles have more exclusives and more diverse lineups.

No. 70% of all games are developed for PC, while 40% are for consoles. PC has more games than all consoles combined.

And for diversity, PC has a hold in every genre, while consoles severely lack simulation, adventure and strategy games.

HappySqurriel said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say ...

The way that a lot of PC gamers look at the HD consoles is very similar to how a lot of HD console gamers look at the Wii. Even in the context of creating levels and modding games, for the longest time a PC gamer has had the ability to take their favourite games and create brand-new gameplay modes through scripting and think that it is quaint that someone can import a model into the HD consoles to get their favourite character in game; at the same time a HD console owner will look at the level editor in a game like Boom Blox as being quaint because you're stuck with the content that EA decided to ship the game with.

Ironically, the way PC gamers look at Wii is quite positive.

110%!??!^

I only use the PC for RTS, TBS and CMS games. I cannot imagine playing Rise of Nations or Sim City on a console. I suppose Halo Wars may be a quality game, but I do not believe PCs are going to lose their edge in these genres.

theprof00 said:
110%!??!^

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54183

70% - PC
43% - Consoles
28% - Web-based platforms
16% - Handhelds