By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Sqrl said:

Or how about:

... >> >> >> >> FINAL

Ok lets see if people can get this evolution chart...shouldn't be too tough

... Increasing levels of cuteness?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network
appolose said:
Sqrl said:
appolose said:
akuma587 said:
I would like to know when being religious and being so hostile towards science became so intertwined. I mean if God can do anything, why couldn't he have just done everything through evolution? Because its not in Genesis? When Genesis was written, people still believed that demons possessed people on a regular basis (what we know now as mental illness) and that the earth was flat.

Do people really think they wrote Genesis with anything scientific in mind? Is it really such a stretch of the imagination to just say that they had no idea what they were talking about at least from a scientific perspective? Last time I checked, the Bible is a religious book, not a science textbook.

Guess who, Akuma?  :)

2nd part: ... Yes.  Inspired -> All True

1st part.   We (or I) are not hostile towards science; just this particular movement amongst scientists.  *Confession time*  I do not think evolution is correct, and that's not just because I think it it contradicts the Bible.

Now, why would I be so against the idea of God using evolution?  Because, according to my understanding of Genesis, the Earth was created only 6,000 years ago, and death only arose after the fall, so you'll probably guess as to why that might cause a slight contradiction between the two.

What precludes god from creating the heaven's and the earth with the appearence of being much older as a way to help sate the unquentiable curiosity of mankind?

And would it not ruin, or at least significantly diminish, the experience for him to tell us that's what he did?

From a strictly logical viewpoint neither evolution nor Big Bang Theory have any real bearing on the "Is there a god?" question.

I agree that the idea of God (in general) does not in any way lend itself to the ideas of either evolution or the Big Bang theory.

Yes, nothing (immediately) bars God from creating an apparently old universe; however, the theology I hold about the idea of God does.  My belief of God is that God inspired all of the writings of the Bible, that God is never wrong  and never lies, and that the Bible claims the Earth is 6000 years old, and, therefore, I am forced to conclude that both evolution (at least, historically speaking) and the Big Bang are untrue.  In conclusion, it is my specific beliefs about God that disclude evolution and the Big Bang.  Some, of course, think that the creation account is metaphorical, and, for them, Christianity and Evol. can coexist.

If that's what you were getting at (I'm having reading comprehension troubles to-deigh)!

Really, it does?  The Bible comes out and claims that the earth is 6000 years old?  I must have missed that.

You are mistaking what an earlier Christian scholar did by interpreting facts in the Bible to conclude that the Bible claims that the earth is 6000 years old.  Just because someone says that the Bible claims something is true doesn't mean the Bible actually claims that it is true.

How could the length of days even be measured before the sun was created?  What if those days were 24 and 1/2 hours, or 48 hours, or 6 million years, or 2 billion years?  I don't remember the Bible claiming that those days were 24 hours long.

According to the Bible, I can change sheep to speckled and spotted if I just put that pattern before their eyes when they have babies.  The Bible says it!  It has to be true!

Genesis 30:31-70 (King James Version)

31And he said, What shall I give thee? And Jacob said, Thou shalt not give me any thing: if thou wilt do this thing for me, I will again feed and keep thy flock.

32I will pass through all thy flock to day, removing from thence all the speckled and spotted cattle, and all the brown cattle among the sheep, and the spotted and speckled among the goats: and of such shall be my hire.

33So shall my righteousness answer for me in time to come, when it shall come for my hire before thy face: every one that is not speckled and spotted among the goats, and brown among the sheep, that shall be counted stolen with me.

34And Laban said, Behold, I would it might be according to thy word.

35And he removed that day the he goats that were ringstraked and spotted, and all the she goats that were speckled and spotted, and every one that had some white in it, and all the brown among the sheep, and gave them into the hand of his sons.

36And he set three days' journey betwixt himself and Jacob: and Jacob fed the rest of Laban's flocks.

37And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods.

38And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink.

39And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.

40And Jacob did separate the lambs, and set the faces of the flocks toward the ringstraked, and all the brown in the flock of Laban; and he put his own flocks by themselves, and put them not unto Laban's cattle.

41And it came to pass, whensoever the stronger cattle did conceive, that Jacob laid the rods before the eyes of the cattle in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods.

42But when the cattle were feeble, he put them not in: so the feebler were Laban's, and the stronger Jacob's.

43And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Soriku said:
coolestguyever said:
yanamaster said:
don't know why you're using pokemons since evolution has already been confirmed to tell the truth. And a long time ago in fact.

Nonetheless i would prefer if to be proved with pokemons, it's much funnier :P

When was it confirmed? I guess I missed it being confirmed. Last I checked I'm not related to a monkey or fish or whatever the fuck we supposedly evolved from

Science cannot indefinetly prove evolution. Last time I check, it was called the THEORY of evolution.

A person is entitled to their opinion. I, personally, believe in micro evolution.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

akuma587 said:
appolose said:

I agree that the idea of God (in general) does not in any way lend itself to the ideas of either evolution or the Big Bang theory.

Yes, nothing (immediately) bars God from creating an apparently old universe; however, the theology I hold about the idea of God does.  My belief of God is that God inspired all of the writings of the Bible, that God is never wrong  and never lies, and that the Bible claims the Earth is 6000 years old, and, therefore, I am forced to conclude that both evolution (at least, historically speaking) and the Big Bang are untrue.  In conclusion, it is my specific beliefs about God that disclude evolution and the Big Bang.  Some, of course, think that the creation account is metaphorical, and, for them, Christianity and Evol. can coexist.

If that's what you were getting at (I'm having reading comprehension troubles to-deigh)!

Really, it does?  The Bible comes out and claims that the earth is 6000 years old?  I must have missed that.

You are mistaking what an earlier Christian scholar did by interpreting facts in the Bible to conclude that the Bible claims that the earth is 6000 years old.  Just because someone says that the Bible claims something is true doesn't mean the Bible actually claims that it is true.

How could the length of days even be measured before the sun was created?  What if those days were 24 and 1/2 hours, or 48 hours, or 6 million years, or 2 billion years?  I don't remember the Bible claiming that those days were 24 hours long.

According to the Bible, I can change sheep to speckled and spotted if I just put that pattern before their eyes when they have babies.  The Bible says it!  It has to be true!

Genesis 30:31-70 (King James Version)

<snip>

If the creation account is indeed historical, then one can follow the genealogies up from Adam to the time of Augustus (or whoever it was) and get an accurate count of what the Bible claims.  Whatever the Bible says narratively (if that's the word), it claims it (I think), and, for my understanding of Genesis, it is indeed narrative and not metaphorical.

It means day as in the usual 24 hour period because if it meant some other time period it would have used a different word (as "day" anywhere else in the Bible used such means what we mean).  As I think it's not metaphorical, it must mean what is usually meant by day.  Measuring time without the sun would be easy; revolution of the Earth.

Finally, the passage you gave doesn't indicate how that actually worked; who's to say God hadn't told him to do that, and would intervene miraculously if he did?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
appolose said:
Sqrl said:

Or how about:

... >> >> >> >> FINAL

Ok lets see if people can get this evolution chart...shouldn't be too tough

... Increasing levels of cuteness?

lol, nope, I'm, surprised nobody has it yet =P

If nobody gets it by tomorrow I'll change one of the photos to what it's supposed to represent

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

@Sqrl
All things relating to disney? Besides the phone.

Sorry no.

Keep in mind this is an evolution from left to right.

Eating me up inside.....just tell us.

@ sqrl

The size of ears? (in the tank pic, there is a soldier, who has ears) and then I'm pretty sure there's a crown in the screensaver of the phone. There are people in the crowd... They have ears.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

And ruin the fun?

No way!