By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Proof of evolution

Actually, Pokemon evolution would be proof of intelligent design.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

I thought it was 14 generations to David and then 14 more to Jesus? Why'd I think that? Did they lie to me in school, or did I get confused with something else?

akuma587 said:
I would like to know when being religious and being so hostile towards science became so intertwined. I mean if God can do anything, why couldn't he have just done everything through evolution? Because its not in Genesis? When Genesis was written, people still believed that demons possessed people on a regular basis (what we know now as mental illness) and that the earth was flat.

Do people really think they wrote Genesis with anything scientific in mind? Is it really such a stretch of the imagination to just say that they had no idea what they were talking about at least from a scientific perspective? Last time I checked, the Bible is a religious book, not a science textbook.

I was about to say something similar.  I'm a fairly devout Christian and I have to go /facepalm every time I see either side claim that the two (science and religion) are mutually exclusive.

Sqrl said:

Or how about:

... >> >> >> >> FINAL

Ok lets see if people can get this evolution chart...shouldn't be too tough

Ok definitely harder than I thought, but I suppose knowing the answer makes it hard to gauge that well. I've replaced a picture with a new picture as a clue.  Still should be a bit tough...I think...but I've been wrong so far. 

The biggest reason I think this clue will help is because the picture it is replacing was slightly out of place with how I was handling the other 4...I was hoping that the fact that there were 4 others would offset it but I think it may have been easier than I thought for a single pic to lead people the wrong direction.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I've got an answer sqrl, but I don't think it's right, since I doubt a mod would post something like it.

It's something to do with sex isn't it? (Male side of things)

Before we all go crazy and our heads explode, here's how I came to that answer:

Phones facing straight down, Guys nose is slightly to the right (raising), rabbits facing almost completely horizontally flat (3 o'clock), Devil's pitchfork is raised and Dumo's nose is raised and forward

Could be way off though, but from what you said about replacing the tank, the tank's barrel was horizontal as well, meaning that it was too close to the rabbit pic.

Then again, I'm probably way off.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I thought it was 14 generations to David and then 14 more to Jesus? Why'd I think that? Did they lie to me in school, or did I get confused with something else?

I think it was some amount from Adam to Abraham, and from then 14 (or something) to David, and then to Jesus.  I'm not sure, but Luke has it listed nicely.

@Final-Fan

No problem.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
coolestguyever said:
highwaystar101 said:
 coolestguyever said:
yanamaster said:
don't know why you're using pokemons since evolution has already been confirmed to tell the truth. And a long time ago in fact.

Nonetheless i would prefer if to be proved with pokemons, it's much funnier :P

When was it confirmed? I guess I missed it being confirmed. Last I checked I'm not related to a monkey or fish or whatever the fuck we supposedly evolved from

You sir are a fool...

A. you don't see that this a laugh, just a kind jest on pokemon, and

B. Evolution is FACT.

It's not like we've seen evolution in action... oh wait... http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2007/01/31/observation-evolution-bacteria

And it's not like we have a timeline of human evolution from primitive primates... hold on again...

I could go on all day prooving ID wrong, but this thread was just meant as a bit of fun and you ruined it.

Sorry about that guys (I'm a bit mad), lets go back to having fun...

1. Okay I can appreciate the humour in the pokemon aspect of this thread - I'm not trying to ruin that. I was responding to yanamaster's post.

2. I don't believe some skulls found in the ground somewhere prove there is evolution. I believe partly in evolution like people have changed (eg. gotten taller, stand straighter, etc) but I do not believe we were once primitive apes.

If you want to watch glorious evolution videos watch Thunderf00t on youtube. There is a video abotu mircroevoltuion vs macro. It's funny.

It's called religious FUNDAMENTALISM.

@Sqrl

the amount of hair? (assuming that devil smiley has hair)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive