By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Level 5 DETHRONE S-E?

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
Does anyone else get the impression that this game is simply becoming PS3 fans new Stalwart after Lair and Haze bombed, DMC and Tekken switched sides, Killzone got bumped to the deadzone and FFXIII switched over?

Does anyone get the impression that this post has nothing to do with the O.P. or anything related in this thread? 

And to make this post fail even more, Tekken just got multi-platted, days ago, yet we've been hyping this for ages.  Onto Killzone, why would we not continue to hype the game?  The game, again, was bumped to Feb to give breathing room to Resistance 2, and to not cannibalize sales, it's not too hard to figure that one out, unless you're slow.  DMC switching sides happened in 200- and freaking 7.  Why are you still bringing that game up, a game that sold better on *gasp* the PS3.  Lair bombed in 2007 also, no one is still thinking about that game...  And to even think that Haze was a "stalwart" title proves how much you are trolling in this thread.

Seriously.

Discuss the game or GTFO. 

Thanks!  ^_^

You fundamentally failed to recognize what I was saying.  I was using historical correlations to draw parallels to our current situation.  As such, your primary argument that games are too far into the past to be considered here is flawed.

I already posted something dealing with (and dispatching) the OP.  If you wish to engage my posts, do so.  Do not take them, alter the topic, and then attack the easily defeatable point you have mistakenly alloted to me.  You are too intelligent for me to believe you missed the point so completely my mistake.

No, what you did in your other posts was only further this point that PS3 fans hype any big game.  Which is wholly inaccurate.  Then you tried to bring my baby Uncharted into things.

Drakes Fortunes' hype didn't start until the games release, when we realized that a truly awesome game was coming out on the PS3.  good-great reviews followed, and sales stayed high, even after the game came out.  The game was the exact opposite of hype, it was word of mouth that has gotten it this far in sales.  Had the game been "hyped" the first week sales would have been much larger.  It was the awesomeness of the game, and the legs that made it so big to PS3 owners.

Again, you fail.  Please GTFO if you have nothing to say about the O.P.  This thread has already been derailed to bits (thanks to you) from the beginning, not having anything to say about the topic.  Please do not post in this thread anymore if you are not going to continue the topic forward. 

Thank you!  ^_^

@ Darth

Thank you, I know, it's pretty full of win.  I try.

Around the Network

lol darth, it seem every single topic you make turn into a bloodbath lately. :)

mibuokami said:
lol darth, it seem every single topic you make turn into a bloodbath lately. :)

lolxD

Wasn't his fault, people just feel the need to troll in them endlessly.

@mibuokami

I know.....can't say why.

it usually happenes due to my thread titles.

but this time the thread title is of the "article"....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mibuokami said:
blackstar said:
mibuokami said:
@darth

Yes but the point is do they ANNOUNCE a major new porject when the current one isn't even out on the market yet?

blackstar dismissed any new project from L5 on PS3 because they have announce nothing at all, I am merely pointing out that no developer does that, only major publishers and Level 5 is not that.

no no no , i didn't say that because they announced nothing new i said that because i read it in an interview about month ago

they said they are not working on any other game for the ps3 only WKC and after that they would start supporting the psp

Do you honestly expect them to stop making PS3 game if WKC sells truckload on the level of MH2? Inversely do you expect them to take another plunge if WKC becomes an epic flop? He is being conservative and he is also being true, after WKC they will most likely have to split their team to meet commitment with their multiple PSP and DS games, wait and see, i can say with 100% certainty that if WKC really become Sony's 'white knight' of Japan you WILL see Level 5 at some point announce their next big thing on the PS3.

the fact that they are not currently working on a ps3 title is bad , because even if WKC does well they need another 2 years to deliver another epic game

Around the Network

LOL, starcraft, you actually did write a reply in the end. Go to sleep, its late. I'm heading off after this post lol. btw, i like your new avatar, it makes me moist.

Level 5 is great, but I actually feel like Last Remnants could be just as good as WKC and thats a new IP from S-E too. That TGS trailer was amazing i thought.
And like someone said earlier, other than DQ, the other Level 5 RPGs don't sell too well. Which i find sad. I thought Rogue Galaxy was excellent and deserved better sales. Least they sold a truck load with Dragon Quest VIII. And lets not forget folks, Level 5 is doing Dragon Quest IX, thats going to be a beast lol.

Other than RPGs, Level 5 does the Professor Layton series, which I also find another excellent series. Heaps of love to Level 5, and as much as I love Sony, I rather Level 5 remain independent.

blackstar said:
mibuokami said:
blackstar said:
mibuokami said:
@darth

Yes but the point is do they ANNOUNCE a major new porject when the current one isn't even out on the market yet?

blackstar dismissed any new project from L5 on PS3 because they have announce nothing at all, I am merely pointing out that no developer does that, only major publishers and Level 5 is not that.

no no no , i didn't say that because they announced nothing new i said that because i read it in an interview about month ago

they said they are not working on any other game for the ps3 only WKC and after that they would start supporting the psp

Do you honestly expect them to stop making PS3 game if WKC sells truckload on the level of MH2? Inversely do you expect them to take another plunge if WKC becomes an epic flop? He is being conservative and he is also being true, after WKC they will most likely have to split their team to meet commitment with their multiple PSP and DS games, wait and see, i can say with 100% certainty that if WKC really become Sony's 'white knight' of Japan you WILL see Level 5 at some point announce their next big thing on the PS3.

the fact that they are not currently working on a ps3 title is bad , because even if WKC does well they need another 2 years to deliver another epic game

That is true :) Look at the glass half full though, at least they won't take as long as Team Ico :P

i dont think level 5 can, they havent produced a rpg game on their own. yes they did dragon quest 8 and it was a good game, but not a great game. also the game their best known for is dark cloud. i think if wkc is a really great game and if dark cloud 3 is more similar with the 1st dark cloud then maybe they can start to put some pressure on square-enix to make more quality games. i hope they can , because more competition equals better quality games. so i wish level 5 the best of luck in gaining more popularity with gamers.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Some people think that SE has been going downhill for a while now. I'm looking for RPGs by other companies I can trust now. L5 seems to have talent and I've enjoyed all of their games I've played so I am looking forward to this. I am not looking forward to FFXIII until I see some good reviews and even that will be taken with a grain of salt given how much of a bomb FFXII was for me(only final fantasy game I've ever sold back). So if they continue with creating quality games I'm sure that they may someday dethrone SE. In my eyes. My tastes don't exactly always correlate well with everyone else's.

darthdevidem01 said:
@mibuokami

I know.....can't say why.

it usually happenes due to my thread titles.

but this time the thread title is of the "article"....

I dunno about your other threads, but the article you put up here sorta reeks of Sony... optimism. Comparing FF7 to WKC, and thinking Level 5 will take over SE? C'mon... I doubt this would be talked about if it were for the Wii or 360.

@nitekrawler1285: I tell pretty much everyone this: try not to put too much weight into FF12. It wasn't done by the normal FF team, so like FF11, it doesn't really "count." I don't think it was a bad game, but it definitely wasn't a normal FF. I wish they hadn't slapped FF onto the name (11 or 12), because it seems so many have been disappointed, and aren't looking forward to 13 as much as they would otherwise.

Anyway, I hear Atlus has some great stuff as well. Persona 3 FES is out, and Persona 4 is coming to NA in December, check it out if you've got a PS2.