By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox360 versus ps3 standing after 110 weeks

the ps3 outsold the xbox360 when we compare the launches in 110 weeks by 3 million units

or +- 30k a week on average

hmm, for the most hyped console ever versus the so called RROD console

That is pretty bad ...

Also remember the xbox 360 outsells the younger ps3 at the moment!

who would have guessed 2 years ago

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

So we're going to remember the age of the two consoles, and apparently the hype before release, but totally forget about the price cut in all regions that happenned recently so that we can paint 360 in the best light possible as though it did this with no price cut. Wait, lemme take out half my brain to help out. wait......ooooowwwww......ok got it.

Yep you're absolutely right.

PS3 came out in the US on Nov 17th, 2006 correct? Similar release date in Japan I believe. It isn't even Nov 17th, 2008 yet. If it was, that would be 104 weeks.

How to you compare 110 weeks when it hasn't even been out a full 100 weeks? Not to mention it has only been out in Europe for like 75-80 weeks. So give or take your comparing about 110 weeks of WW sales to that of around 85-90 weeks WW sales.

What a failure of a thread.

Also just to point out, let us not forget the fact that the PS3 has always been more expensive then the 360, especially in Europe.

By all means, correct me if I am wrong.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

PS3 came out in the US on Nov 17th, 2006 correct? Similar release date in Japan I believe. It isn't even Nov 17th, 2008 yet. If it was, that would be 104 weeks.

How to you compare 110 weeks when it hasn't even been out a full 100 weeks? Not to mention it has only been out in Europe for like 75-80 weeks. So give or take your comparing about 110 weeks of WW sales to that of around 85-90 weeks WW sales.

What a failure of a thread.

Also just to point out, let us not forget the fact that the PS3 has always been more expensive then the 360, especially in Europe.

By all means, correct me if I am wrong.

oh i never knew that

i thought the release date is the same for all regions

i was wrong when i thought i wouldn't find something interesting in this thread

^ US release was Nov 17th 2006.
JP release was Nov 11th 2006.
EU release was Mar 23rd 2007.

Only fair way to do this comparison in my opinion would be to take WW sales of both from Nov 17th 2006 until now, then subtract 360 European sales from Nov 17th 2006-Mar 22nd 2007, then add JP 360/PS3 sales from Nov 11th-16th 2006.

If this was done however, the overall lead by PS3 in sales would look larger than just 3M, possibly around 4M and we know the OP wouldn't want that.

This is why the thread fails.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

If someone can do all that I wrote above that would be great. Then we can find out the TRUE sales of both systems from their respective launch dates (PS3) instead of giving one system a 5 month advantage in EU sales.

Currently playing:

okay so you admitted the PS3 is 3 million ahead? whats the point of this thread. Oh yeah i guess it was supposed to be 50million ahead by now.

Well for a console that launched at $600 thats pretty good i'd say. The last time a console launched this high i'm pretty sure was the 3DO and it sold what like 2 million total

Yes & PS3 has a book written about its failure in Japan

"not bad for a failed console"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Kirby: In your sig, are those all your alts?

technically Kirby this is a thread that shows PS3's power in terms of brand, customer perception & games.

mwuhahahaha

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey