By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMFG! -- LEAKED DQ9 Trailer from S-E CLOSED Theatre!! -- EPIC JRPG of OLD!

DQ8 wasn't THATTTT great.... certainly not FFX great (impact, sales, importance). In terms of game itself, it's pretty subjective, because both are great JRPG's and truly represent the quality of their respective series.

Definitely getting DQ9 though.

Around the Network

Does the game have a "overwolld" I want to be able to go,fly orsail around the worldmap... that's the only thing I didn't like about FFX for example( no cordinates isn't the same thing)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

sc94597 said:
@bouzane They are sticking to the turnbased combat. It was going to be Real Time, but fans complained so they went back to turn based.

booo, I was looking forward to a solid multiplayer game DQ. I just can't see the excitement of a turnbased multiplay rpg. Reminds me of FF6 and that multiplayer mode was rather pathetic.

If they go single player I will still buy and play, but i won't bother getting 2 copies.(me and my wife)

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Looks good! Will be a busy DS period with Fire Emblem, Chrono Trigger and this one.

Good to see this game has hype in the west

maybe this will be DQ's breakthrough game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Words cannot describe how much I want this game, nor how awesome it is to hear that music again.

Soon, Mr. Metal Slime, soon I shall hunt you again. Get your affairs in order, for your days are numbered.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

@ Ecurbj,,

Yo man,,, You misunderstood me,,, FFX is 10/10 game for me,, my third favorite FF game after FF8 & FF tactics,, it is a true masterpiece,,, graphics, story, OMFG moments, everything, its a classic
The same can be said about DQ8,, ok its not as serious as FFX, but in the graphics, music, story, gameplay, exploration, it's a beast.. and the worldmap is the best ever in an RPG!!!
Both games are classics, but i tend to favor DQ 8 as the best one.,and thats my opinion.

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

this game will save the gaming industry in Japan. I think this will be one of the most polished games in years. It has been done for 9-12 months and they have spent all of that time tweaking it..... It will be so polished.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Looks promising, I've never played DQ so I guess this will be my first.

^_^

I am really looking forward to this game. I am quite impressed on how the DS does deliver with great games, and keeps delivering them.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)