By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMFG! -- LEAKED DQ9 Trailer from S-E CLOSED Theatre!! -- EPIC JRPG of OLD!

It said March '09. Looks like it's releasing first thing the next fiscal year to push the revenue?

Around the Network

@Soriku

Your right, But I'm picking up on the same formula wit Tetsuya Noruma designs. Most of their characters either replica Kingdom Hearts or previous Final Fantasy characters.

Soriku said:
Most designers make their characters have similarities with other characters they drew. At least Nomura differentiates sometimes. Inomata/Fujishima's designs always differntiate.

Apparently to the Japanese DQ will always be a system seller and will always sell better than the KH and FF franchise. So those character designs from the DBZ creator must be getting a bigger and significant crowd than the KH and FF franchises.

I don't care which is better to them. Akira Toriyama artwork designs are better to me.

Ahhhhh crap, now I gotta run out a buy a DS! This game looks sweet.

Around the Network

Stop it! You're all making me want Dairy Queen!

Soriku said:
Most designers make their characters have similarities with other characters they drew. At least Nomura differentiates sometimes. Inomata/Fujishima's designs always differntiate.

Nomura/Fujishima = No

Inomata = Yes

Don't come in here complaining about Toriyama if you're going to defend the king of rehash. Belts and zippers be damned. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

MANUELF said:
Look very promising, hopefully will be my first DQ game

Buy Dragon Quest IV DS

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

SORIKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU,,, once u play Dragon Quest 8, you will go in a hurry, collect all your tales games, and burn them while smiling :) !
DQ >>>>> Tales

DQ 8 is the best RPG of Last gen, even better than FFX (where's the worldmap SE??)
Go Play DQ 8 on Ps2 and see what im talking about, since you seem to be THE RPG FAN !

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

@hayeya_k

Okay, I disagree with the statement "DQ 8 is the best RPG of Last gen, even better than FFX ". Clearly Final Fantasy X is what got me into JRPG's, without that game I would be clueless right now about the genre. I do have DQ 8 and I will play it and see what all the fuss is about this series.

But clearly your underrating Final Fantasy X with that claim and you say where's the worldmap? There doesn't need to be a worldmap. The game was pretty much straight forward and you knew where to go next.