By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does PS3 have any more exclusives left?

Sony will be alright. They may have far fewer exclusives and be roughly $200 more expensive than both their competitors, giving them the impression of being the odd man out at game stores (PS3 has smaller game shelft than Wii or 360, and costs more, giving it the appearance of the losing console, much like the GC last gen) but they have strong brand name, some new good looking IPs like Little Big Planet, and blu ray will only get more popular as HDTV penetration goes up and BD costs go down. This holiday season though, they will probably tie or lose with Microsft due to the weak economy hurting their expensive console's sales.

Around the Network

How about since you seem to be a Sony fan, you wait for the... Sony games? Too many PS fans have gotten used to PS2 dominance, which meant all big franchises (mainly third party) were exclusive to the console. That's all in the past now.

Sony has a good first/second party lineup, look into it. Personally, I'm only annoyed at their lack of Japanese games.

@Ali: SC4 isn't so bad due to the online play (for anyone that cares about it).

I guess we ps3 still has some great exclusives. Maybe i'm overreacting.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

This thread made me lol.

Why would you think something like Tekken 6 going multiplatform be a huge deal?

Snake612 said:

The PS3 has lost so many exclusives at this point. I can't believe they lost Tekken 6. They already lost Final Fantasy XIII, Devil May Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto series, and thats all I can think at this minute. The only big exclusive they have left is GT5, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Resistance 2, Killzone 2 and God of War III. I don't know what to do. I'm about to leave sony for good.

i saw this coming since ace combat 6...was kind of expecting to see  tekken 6 moving to 360 first before the PS3

GRAN TURISMO 5 is the only game that i am interested in.

Around the Network

new to the board hello all :)

I am a Sony fan as well and will never buy anything m$ makes.
With that said who cares if they get another game that has been on a Sony system since birth, it is good for all gamers just relax sit back and be glad you still get to play the game.

Now lets just hope Square follows suit for us RPG nuts and brings over some of the box's rpgs to the ps3 side. I am still wondering how a company who likes to make money can't see they have sales in Japan on the ps3 compared to the box at this time. Things might change that way but i don't see it happening.

Snake612 said:
I guess we ps3 still has some great exclusives. Maybe i'm overreacting.

yes you are mate....you REALLY are

I mean if this was a thread to FF13 loosing exclusivity it was ok....but for Tekken 6..come on

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Snake612 said:
@colonelstubbs, yea because they took Tekken. I repeat Tekken! Whats next God Of War III?

Dude how could you be this surprised about Tekken 6? What made you think it would stay exclusive? If anything, I was shocked that a game like MGS4 stayed exclusive.

Don't be so hard on yourself....PS3 is about to get the 360's highest rated exclusive to date. It has been a two way street of taking exclusives from one another.

kirby007 said:
Bodhesatva said:
You are correct: almost all of the third party exclusives are multiplat now. The only one that remained -- MGS4 -- has come and gone. You know, I think this may have been Microsoft's goal: not so much to secure as many exclusives as possible, but simply to strip all the major ones away from Sony. Mission accomplished. Now, I'm not sure they know what the heck to do.

halo

Because 5 million iterations of Halo is enough to really sell consoles.  Halo 3, Halo 3: Recon, Halo Chronicles, Halo Wars, Halo Babiez, etc.

Also, Gran Turismo > Halo, as far as sales go.

Tekken is a 3rd party game, just so you guys no....

4 ≈ One