By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS stop this already

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
"Sony will live. They have far more money than SEGA ever did. They've lost billions this year alone. SEGA would never be able to take that hit. Never. They will live to see another day. Luckily they cut their production costs to drop the price of the PS3. They better learn their lesson (as they claim to) from this gen."

Just... Just let me get this straight. Your argument for why Sony will stay in business is that they've lost billions in this year alone?

No. Thats is a stupid reason. If Sony was to go out of business I wouldnt say that I was buying a PS3 in other posts on this topic. Also, Sony is multi-billion dollar conglomerate, which i've also said. Sega was "the little guy". I stated that if Sega would've lost the amount that Sony lost in billions they wouldn't be here. They wouldn't even be able to make games most likely. Sony brought in the big powerful spending corporation image to gaming before Microsoft came in. Microsoft and Sony are the big spenders. Nintendo is the only "little guy" that came into it's own without being a huge outermarket giant.

Sony will live. Yes. But not their console division (exept PSP). If it will become unprofitable they won't mess with it. They r not MS, they don't throw away money.

Around the Network
Va1entinoZ said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
"Sony will live. They have far more money than SEGA ever did. They've lost billions this year alone. SEGA would never be able to take that hit. Never. They will live to see another day. Luckily they cut their production costs to drop the price of the PS3. They better learn their lesson (as they claim to) from this gen."

Just... Just let me get this straight. Your argument for why Sony will stay in business is that they've lost billions in this year alone?

No. Thats is a stupid reason. If Sony was to go out of business I wouldnt say that I was buying a PS3 in other posts on this topic. Also, Sony is multi-billion dollar conglomerate, which i've also said. Sega was "the little guy". I stated that if Sega would've lost the amount that Sony lost in billions they wouldn't be here. They wouldn't even be able to make games most likely. Sony brought in the big powerful spending corporation image to gaming before Microsoft came in. Microsoft and Sony are the big spenders. Nintendo is the only "little guy" that came into it's own without being a huge outermarket giant.

Sony will live. Yes. But not their console division (exept PSP). If it will become unprofitable they won't mess with it. They r not MS, they don't throw away money.

Ronster316 said:

I can see ps3 fanboys headlines now in 2 years time................. Why do i dislike Microsoft?...... google search.... We (Sony) were in the gaming business before microsoft wah wah wah............... google search...... microsoft stole my lunch money wah wah wah

Face it sony, You took out a GAMING legend in Sega

Now its PAYBACK time

Sony took out Sega? no. Sega took itself out. First, with shooting themselves in the foot with the Saturn, and then not being able to compete with the PS2. Sony... they were busy with taking Nintendo out... and they managed to make Nintendo change to adapt.

Sony already shot itself in the foot... will they not be able to compete? they already showed that they can... they will go on and outlive Microsoft.

The only one that goes "wah wah" here is you. and the OP.

ps3 fans were counting for Tekken 6 as the big exclusive,since they only have God of War in 2009...and now it`s gone... the big franchise ONLY for PS has gone to 360 also... i can see the anger just like when FF13 has gone to 360,deja vuu all over again. I don`t know why Sony has so many supporters when they know they have an expensive blueray player that they don`t need or never wanted in the first place,but they all payed for it. How can you support a company if they pull a stunt like that? MS never incresead the price of the console by putting HD DVD in it,they gave you a choice,Sony doesn`t do that,they wanted to win and they did. But they did not won consumers,they won the format war.

I think i`m gonna stick with MS this gen.

What do you espect from Microsoft?
But really they are killing their console.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
Xen said:
Ronster316 said:

I can see ps3 fanboys headlines now in 2 years time................. Why do i dislike Microsoft?...... google search.... We (Sony) were in the gaming business before microsoft wah wah wah............... google search...... microsoft stole my lunch money wah wah wah

Now its PAYBACK time

Sony took out Sega? no. Sega took itself out. First, with shooting themselves in the foot with the Saturn, and then not being able to compete with the PS2. Sony... they were busy with taking Nintendo out... and they managed to make Nintendo change to adapt.

Sony already shot itself in the foot... will they not be able to compete? they already showed that they can... they will go on and outlive Microsoft.

hhhmmmmmmmm, Oh, So Sonys advertising blitz for crappy games like crash bandicoot and toshinden had nothing to do with Sony beating Sega? (And the fact of course that sony were buying 3rd party games and advertising the hell out of them)

The saturn was a damn fine machine with some damn fine games (Fighters megamix, Guardian heroes, Daytona USA, Sega rally, Panzer dragoon ect)

Sony killed Sega simply because people got brainwashed by Sonys flashy adverts not the fact that the ps1 at the beginning had the better games

I said this to you before, Sega made mistakes yes, But so have sony....... The difference is that Sony had the financial power to sweep their mistakes under the carpet and carry on like nothing happened

Sega regretfully did not have the same kind of money

So i stand by what i said........... the "corporation" (Sony) killed the gaming "LEGEND" (Sega)

And if todays news of Tekken 6 going multiplat is anything to go by it does not look like im the only one whos gonna be going wah wah wah for long

Sony has met its match and i love it

Va1entinoZ said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

No. Thats is a stupid reason. If Sony was to go out of business I wouldnt say that I was buying a PS3 in other posts on this topic. Also, Sony is multi-billion dollar conglomerate, which i've also said. Sega was "the little guy". I stated that if Sega would've lost the amount that Sony lost in billions they wouldn't be here. They wouldn't even be able to make games most likely. Sony brought in the big powerful spending corporation image to gaming before Microsoft came in. Microsoft and Sony are the big spenders. Nintendo is the only "little guy" that came into it's own without being a huge outermarket giant.

They are already working on the PS4. It's far from over for Sony. The videogame industry saved Sony's credibility. They owe the gaming industry everything. They were losing terribly to their competitors in electronics.

lol, what is the collective age of VGC 2?

People here really should grow up.

Ronster316 said:
Xen said:
Ronster316 said:

Now its PAYBACK time

hhhmmmmmmmm, Oh, So Sonys advertising blitz for crappy games like crash bandicoot and toshinden had nothing to do with Sony beating Sega? (And the fact of course that sony were buying 3rd party games and advertising the hell out of them) - Crash is a crappy game? I played through all the PS1 Crashes and they are fun and creative. Buying 3rd part support? EVERYONE did that to some degree, in one time or another.

The saturn was a damn fine machine with some damn fine games (Fighters megamix, Guardian heroes, Daytona USA, Sega rally, Panzer dragoon ect) - Damn fine games, I agree... especially Panzer Dragoon. Damn fine machine? try hard to program for and lax in 3d graphics machine.

Sony killed Sega simply because people got brainwashed by Sonys flashy adverts not the fact that the ps1 at the beginning had the better games - Sony killed Sega because they had a machine with more appeal. Why was Japan lost to the dreamcast once the PS2 rolled out? it was also a DVD player. Plus, Sony had a strong momentum from the PS1.

I said this to you before, Sega made mistakes yes, But so have sony....... The difference is that Sony had the financial power to sweep their mistakes under the carpet and carry on like nothing happened - the difference is that Sony's mistakes weren't critical like Sega's,

Sega regretfully did not have the same kind of money - true

So i stand by what i said........... the "corporation" (Sony) killed the gaming "LEGEND" (Sega) - Sony, by all means, is now a gaming legend as well.

And if todays news of Tekken 6 going multiplat is anything to go by it does not look like im the only one whos gonna be going wah wah wah for long - maybe you won't be the only one. True PS3 fans won't.

Sony has met its match and i love it

See replies.

Simulacrum said:
What do you espect from Microsoft?
But really they are killing their console.

How exactly, when a console is nothing without its games?