By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS stop this already

Tell sony to stop copying nintendo. microsoft has ever right to take games from sony
the same goes for sony (bioshock) and nintendo

P.s sega took out it self sony had sometihng to do with it but sega messed up

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Xen said:
Ronster316 said:

I can see ps3 fanboys headlines now in 2 years time................. Why do i dislike Microsoft?...... google search.... We (Sony) were in the gaming business before microsoft wah wah wah............... google search...... microsoft stole my lunch money wah wah wah

Face it sony, You took out a GAMING legend in Sega

Now its PAYBACK time

Sony took out Sega? no. Sega took itself out. First, with shooting themselves in the foot with the Saturn, and then not being able to compete with the PS2. Sony... they were busy with taking Nintendo out... and they managed to make Nintendo change to adapt.

Sony already shot itself in the foot... will they not be able to compete? they already showed that they can... they will go on and outlive Microsoft.

The only one that goes "wah wah" here is you. and the OP.

hhhmmmmmmmm, Oh, So Sonys advertising blitz for crappy games like crash bandicoot and toshinden had nothing to do with Sony beating Sega? (And the fact of course that sony were buying 3rd party games and advertising the hell out of them)

The saturn was a damn fine machine with some damn fine games (Fighters megamix, Guardian heroes, Daytona USA, Sega rally, Panzer dragoon ect)

Sony killed Sega simply because people got brainwashed by Sonys flashy adverts not the fact that the ps1 at the beginning had the better games

I said this to you before, Sega made mistakes yes, But so have sony....... The difference is that Sony had the financial power to sweep their mistakes under the carpet and carry on like nothing happened

Sega regretfully did not have the same kind of money

So i stand by what i said........... the "corporation" (Sony) killed the gaming "LEGEND" (Sega)

And if todays news of Tekken 6 going multiplat is anything to go by it does not look like im the only one whos gonna be going wah wah wah for long

Sony has met its match and i love it

Don't forget that Sony ushered in the DVD market to the gaming audiences. Sega was still using CD's and that was a huge shot in the foot. Blu Ray isn't working as well as DVD did, because people are content with DVD. People burned the shit out of Dreamcast games. The sales of games was horribly low.

xboxfanboy said:
Tell sony to stop copying nintendo. microsoft has ever right to take games from sony

That's new.

xboxfanboy said:

Bioshock was always a timed exclusive for the 360 bro. It was supposed to go to the PS3 sooner or later just like condemned.

I am hardly a Sony fan but Sega killed themselves Ronster. Tom Kalinske was president of Sega of America and unlike his Japanese counter parts he turned the Genesis/Megadrive into a success. He didn't want to release the 32X, especially after the Sega CD had tanked but Sega of Japan forced him too and he quit the company. That is what lead to the Saturn's and ultimately Sega's overall misfortunes.

The Saturn launch in the US was botched, they moved it up without telling third parties so they're games weren't ready until the original launch date which was four months later. This pissed off third party developers. Plus they only launched the Saturn at certain retail chains which alienated the retailers that didn't get the Saturn. Despite the Saturn initially leading in Japan and being strong second place in that regoin overall, Sega canned the system too soon in Japan because they mangled the Saturn's launch so badly in the US. They had pushed away the man, Kalinske, that was the reason for Sega of America's success and he was replaced by the incompetent Bernie Stolar. Stolar aka the reason we only got one out of the three Shining Force 3 chapters. Canning the Saturn too soon in Japan agitated the third party developers and retailers in Japan. This is what killed the Dreamcast before it ever launched.

The Dreamcast has to fight to get onto store shelves and get third party support. Plus consumer confidence in Sega was in the toilet after Sega CD, 32X, and Saturn failures in the west and the Mega Drive, Mega CD, and 32X failures in Japan. Sega was 2 billion dollars in debt at the time the Dreamcast launched. Because of this, they had to launch the Dreamcast with these specs:

200mhz Hitachi SH-4
Single Power VR GPU 3 to 4 million polygons a sec
16MB Main RAM
8MB VRAM
2MB Sound RAM

Instead of the original specs they intended....

250mhz Hitachi SH-4
Dual Power VR GPU 8 to 10 million polygons a sec
32MB Main RAM
16MB VRAM
4MB Sound RAM

Sony certainly didn't help Sega by buying away exclusives and dishonest marketing but if Sega hadn't mishandled things none of that would have matter and they could have benefited from Nintendo's arrogance during the 8 and 16 bit eras.

All this incompetence is what truly killed Sega. Sony just gave them a slight nudge to finish them off like any good competitor would do. You do have a right to be upset at the hypocrisy that Sony fans continue show when Sony falls victim to their own tactics, but you can't blame Sony for not calling the ambulance after Sega shot themselves in the head.

Around the Network

why is it a bad thing to let your customers get good exclusives like Gears of War, Halo, Fable or Forza AND try to build a strong 3rd party support and to get games like GTA or Final Fantasy.

I know the hardware had some issues, but software-wise, MS is just doing a better job than Sony. MS really works hard to satisfy the customers. That is a good thing for a gamer.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Va1entinoZ said:

There sould be a competition. Stop stranglig Sony. Why can't u find ur own devs. Why can't u prove that ur console is better by making ur own games. Answer on every exclusive with ur own. I agree money are money, but i beg u make them with ur own hands, not with hands that made Sony. I don't want one console market. U've proven that u are strong, everyone sees it. Now stop it, stop it 'couse it's just to selfish.

You do relazie that NINTENDO is thumping them both?

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

xman said:
Va1entinoZ said:

There sould be a competition. Stop stranglig Sony. Why can't u find ur own devs. Why can't u prove that ur console is better by making ur own games. Answer on every exclusive with ur own. I agree money are money, but i beg u make them with ur own hands, not with hands that made Sony. I don't want one console market. U've proven that u are strong, everyone sees it. Now stop it, stop it 'couse it's just to selfish.

You do relazie that NINTENDO is thumping them both?

In console sales, but not in games.

DirtyP2002 said:

why is it a bad thing to let your customers get good exclusives like Gears of War, Halo, Fable or Forza AND try to build a strong 3rd party support and to get games like GTA or Final Fantasy.

I know the hardware had some issues, but software-wise, MS is just doing a better job than Sony. MS really works hard to satisfy the customers. That is a good thing for a gamer.

You also get competition the PS3 would still be at $600.00 if not for MS, they are going to force another price cut soon this is good for everyone.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Xen said:
Ronster316 said:
Xen said:
Ronster316 said:

I can see ps3 fanboys headlines now in 2 years time................. Why do i dislike Microsoft?...... google search.... We (Sony) were in the gaming business before microsoft wah wah wah............... google search...... microsoft stole my lunch money wah wah wah

Face it sony, You took out a GAMING legend in Sega

Now its PAYBACK time

Sony took out Sega? no. Sega took itself out. First, with shooting themselves in the foot with the Saturn, and then not being able to compete with the PS2. Sony... they were busy with taking Nintendo out... and they managed to make Nintendo change to adapt.

Sony already shot itself in the foot... will they not be able to compete? they already showed that they can... they will go on and outlive Microsoft.

The only one that goes "wah wah" here is you. and the OP.

hhhmmmmmmmm, Oh, So Sonys advertising blitz for crappy games like crash bandicoot and toshinden had nothing to do with Sony beating Sega? (And the fact of course that sony were buying 3rd party games and advertising the hell out of them) - Crash is a crappy game? I played through all the PS1 Crashes and they are fun and creative. Buying 3rd part support? EVERYONE did that to some degree, in one time or another.

The saturn was a damn fine machine with some damn fine games (Fighters megamix, Guardian heroes, Daytona USA, Sega rally, Panzer dragoon ect) - Damn fine games, I agree... especially Panzer Dragoon. Damn fine machine? try hard to program for and lax in 3d graphics machine.

Sony killed Sega simply because people got brainwashed by Sonys flashy adverts not the fact that the ps1 at the beginning had the better games - Sony killed Sega because they had a machine with more appeal. Why was Japan lost to the dreamcast once the PS2 rolled out? it was also a DVD player. Plus, Sony had a strong momentum from the PS1.

I said this to you before, Sega made mistakes yes, But so have sony....... The difference is that Sony had the financial power to sweep their mistakes under the carpet and carry on like nothing happened - the difference is that Sony's mistakes weren't critical like Sega's,

Sega regretfully did not have the same kind of money - true

So i stand by what i said........... the "corporation" (Sony) killed the gaming "LEGEND" (Sega) - Sony, by all means, is now a gaming legend as well.

And if todays news of Tekken 6 going multiplat is anything to go by it does not look like im the only one whos gonna be going wah wah wah for long - maybe you won't be the only one. True PS3 fans won't.

Sony has met its match and i love it

See replies.

Why was japan lost to the dreamcast once the ps2 came out? hhhmmmm, Perhaps because the damage had already been done to Sega when the ps1 beat the Sega saturn so badly.

A slightly lax 3d engine on the saturn yes but a great 2D engine and it was still capable of fine 3D graphics (Exhumed for example)

Sony Legendary games developer? ha ha ha, they survived purely on their moneyhatting of 3RD party games for the first 5 years of the damn ps1's life, The 1st so called Legendary game from sony was Gran turismo, before that all their best games (Tekken , namco) (Metal gear solid, Konami ect) were all moneyhatted 3rd party games

Wether Segas mistakes were bigger than Sonys is debateable because once sony arrived in the gaming world the writing was on the wall for sega anyway

And lastly......... Sure, Im bitter, But lets see if i'm the only one who bitter towards a company in 2 years time when Microsoft is destroying Sony

Oh and yes, Crash bandicoot is Nothing compared to Sonic, Sonics Next 1000 games could be crap and he'll still be remembered more fondly than that RAT bandicoot character