By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6. Is no longer a exclusive

lol,,,you know that can't happen right?unless MS buys SCE lol

Around the Network

this is from n4g :

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion for the PS3 has been pushed back to 2009. The PS3 version of Bloodline Rebellion will include even more goodies than it's arcade counterpart, such as customizable costume parts, characters, and stages. On top of that, Namco Bandai officially announced that, for the first time since the inception of the series 10 years ago, Tekken 6 will become a multiplatform title on the XBox 360 as well.

http://www.n4g.com/events_tgs2008/NewsPending-212123.aspx?cas=1
i'm registered there so u may have to register to read it there

Well to my surprise I won't be getting this game, Tekken 5 did not impress me at all, Soulcaliber FTW!

Time: 3:38 for release date and platform announcement.

I expected this months ago.
Tekken isn't the system seller it was years ago and the arcade scene is dust in America (and slowing down in Japan). Namco can't expect Tekken 6 to be profitable by keeping it on the PS3 only, and it wouldn't make sense for Sony to moneyhat exclusivity. It's just logical.

Around the Network

lol, awesome. One less reason to justify a PS3 purchase for myself.

Anyway, yeah, Tekken is the best fighting series, imo. It manages to stay playable, while not being a button masher. Something Soulcalibur has never done. The last entry in the series was excellent, and I'm expecting another excellent outing.

While I am tempted to rub this in a little bit, on the Sony marginalization posters here(something apparently, only I am capable of doing correctly) I won't. It's obviously not a huge loss in terms of console sales, and it only diminishes morale.

I do wonder how long the PS3 can stay at its 400 dollar price tag without managing to deliver on its presumptive exclusive lineup. This is yet another example of profit over competition. Sony refuses to support 3rd party developers with funds as they did during PS1/early PS2, so 3rd party developers go multiplat. Microsoft gets another small foothold, as another longterm Sony franchise goes to multiple consoles.

This was a franchise that for a few million dollars, could have stayed a Sony exclusive game for the Playstation 4, 5, 6, 7, ect. Instead, Sony focused on short term profitibility, instead of looking after a vested interest for their exclusives in the future.

For the Playstation 4, MGS, Tekken, Final Fantasy, all these games will be presumptive multiplats. With Microsoft's ability to forget about short-term profit, and offer consumers an equivelant service for cheaper, sooner, the Playstation 4 will be born into a completely different gaming enviroment, and completely different rung on that enviroment than did the PS3.

One of Nintendo's greatest strengths is their ability to stick to a gameplan for longterm success. This is a technique Microsoft has followed since the adoption of the Xbox. If you don't believe that all of Microsoft's money dumping doesn't have a far off goal of eventually beating the Playstation in mind, then you haven't been paying attention. Sony's only goal is to look good at the next shareholder meeting, and progress their Blu-Ray agenda. If they don't start planning for future loyalty and rebuilding their brand, Microsoft's future goal may succeed.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Zen

wow a game goes multipalt Zenfoldor and you say how can people justify purchasing PS3 which has no more exclusives?

let me refresh your memory for some of PS3 exclusives in 09:

heavy rain
killzone 2
wardevil
infamous
demon soul
god of war 3
uncharted 2

now you name 4 popular games that are coming out on 360 exclusively in 09?

and before you name them,let me tell you that most of them will end up on PC .so now i wonder which one is not really justified.

Just plain disgusting. Getting used to it. Oh well, moving on.... Sony should just make some new exclusives including some gta, dmc, final fantasy and tekken clones.

*Sighs* It's just been confirmed on a live blog at Kotaku...

Fall 09.... another delayed game thanks to multiplatform release....

4 ≈ One

Argghhh

dammit why in the world is the PS3 lossing exclusives, and the 360 is gaining?

I mean Star Ocean 4, and Infinit Undiscovery Square enix games are Exclusive to the 360? Why? Why is TALES an exclusive? Makes no freaking sense.

mM