By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6. Is no longer a exclusive

gera4390 said:
we don't know what exactly happened between nintendo and sony , maybe nintendo was the one that made a mistake not offering enough for sony's hard work.
I mean we don't know what happened, rather sony was the bad guy or nintendo.

but I mean if sony wouldn't have enter the market maybe things wouldn't be like they are now in the videogame bussines , there wouldn't be a wii or x360 because sony has done a lot this years for the game industry and it has grown thanks to them.

Sony was only making a port and wanted the majority of holding of titles and profits. This was only specified in the contract and never by word of mouth. If Yamauchi had heard Sonys intentions face to face a SNES-CD would've never been announced.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:

"Keep telling yourself that. At some point you'll believe it 110%. Sony made stipulations in the contract that they never specified by word of mouth. Nintendo had to save themselves. You would've done it too. Sony isn't the company that you think it is. It's not based off of integrity."

Selective reasoning.  If Nintendo could easily inform Philips of a joint venture, they could have easily informed SONY that the deal was off prior to the Philips announcement.  No one was free at fault here.

"The SNES-CD was to be announced at the June 1991 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). However, when Hiroshi Yamauchi read the original 1988 contract between Sony and Nintendo, he realized that the earlier agreement essentially handed Sony complete control over any and all titles written on the SNES CD-ROM format. Yamauchi decided that the contract was totally unacceptable and he secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment. Instead of announcing a partnership between Sony and Nintendo, at 9 a.m. the day of the CES, Nintendo chairman Howard Lincoln stepped onto the stage and revealed that Nintendo was now allied with Philips, and Nintendo was planning on abandoning all the previous work Nintendo and Sony had accomplished. Lincoln and Minoru Arakawa had, unbeknown to Sony, flown to Philips headquarters in Europe and formed an alliance of a decidedly different nature—one that would give Nintendo total control over its licenses on Philips machines.

After the collapse of the joint project, Sony considered halting their research, but ultimately the company decided to use what they had developed so far and make it into a complete, stand alone console. As a result, Nintendo filed a lawsuit claiming breach of contract and attempted, in U.S. federal court, to obtain an injunction against the release of the PlayStation, on the grounds that Nintendo owned the name. The federal judge presiding over the case denied the injunction and, in October 1991, the first incarnation of the new Sony PlayStation was revealed. However, it is theorized that only 200 or so of these machines were ever produced."

As I said....all Kutaragi. Kutaragi is the father of the Playstation. He was the only man Nintendo trusted. Sony without Kutaragi is a cut throat company just like Microsoft with little intergrity.

HAHAHAHA!!!  So you are saying the during the SNES-CD fiasco, SONY was a company of intergrity since Kutaragi left SONY around a year or so.  Some people love Kutaragi, and some hate him.  I seems people can make up what they want about SONY by their view of Kutaragi.  Classic!!!!

:D

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Microsoft fans criticizing the business practices of Sony?

*grins*

After what Sony did there is no integrity in the gaming world, Its become a business now, Sure, Microsoft are just as bad and i am in no way defending their business practises, But after what Sony did to Nintendo and Sega the gloves are truly off now

Hell, If Apple joined the gaming business i would support Apple over Sony, The 1st cut is always the deepest and Sony delivered the 1st cut

To sum it up....... Any company from here in who has the ability to potentially crush Sony in the gaming world gets my support, Nintendo, Microsoft even Apple if they join in

Jordahn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:

"Keep telling yourself that. At some point you'll believe it 110%. Sony made stipulations in the contract that they never specified by word of mouth. Nintendo had to save themselves. You would've done it too. Sony isn't the company that you think it is. It's not based off of integrity."

Selective reasoning.  If Nintendo could easily inform Philips of a joint venture, they could have easily informed SONY that the deal was off prior to the Philips announcement.  No one was free at fault here.

"The SNES-CD was to be announced at the June 1991 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). However, when Hiroshi Yamauchi read the original 1988 contract between Sony and Nintendo, he realized that the earlier agreement essentially handed Sony complete control over any and all titles written on the SNES CD-ROM format. Yamauchi decided that the contract was totally unacceptable and he secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment. Instead of announcing a partnership between Sony and Nintendo, at 9 a.m. the day of the CES, Nintendo chairman Howard Lincoln stepped onto the stage and revealed that Nintendo was now allied with Philips, and Nintendo was planning on abandoning all the previous work Nintendo and Sony had accomplished. Lincoln and Minoru Arakawa had, unbeknown to Sony, flown to Philips headquarters in Europe and formed an alliance of a decidedly different nature—one that would give Nintendo total control over its licenses on Philips machines.

After the collapse of the joint project, Sony considered halting their research, but ultimately the company decided to use what they had developed so far and make it into a complete, stand alone console. As a result, Nintendo filed a lawsuit claiming breach of contract and attempted, in U.S. federal court, to obtain an injunction against the release of the PlayStation, on the grounds that Nintendo owned the name. The federal judge presiding over the case denied the injunction and, in October 1991, the first incarnation of the new Sony PlayStation was revealed. However, it is theorized that only 200 or so of these machines were ever produced."

As I said....all Kutaragi. Kutaragi is the father of the Playstation. He was the only man Nintendo trusted. Sony without Kutaragi is a cut throat company just like Microsoft with little intergrity.

HAHAHAHA!!!  So you are saying the during the SNES-CD fiasco, SONY was a company of intergrity since Kutaragi left SONY around a year or so.  Some people love Kutaragi, and some hate him.  I seems people can make up what they want about SONY by their view of Kutaragi.  Classic!!!!

This also makes no sense. Kutaragi was the heart of Playstation and the father, period. Without him there would've been no playstation. Be ready to see Sony get more irrational without him.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:

This also makes no sense. Kutaragi was the heart of Playstation and the father, period. Without him there would've been no playstation. Be ready to see Sony get more irrational without him.

Dude, you are changing subjects to avoid an unarguable point.  What you said implied that SONY were in the right during the SNES-CD fiasco by saying that they had intergrity with Kutaragi on board.  This is all your logic.  And with Nintendo having signed the contract for around three years, what a few more days to inform SONY of their announcement to cancel their joint venture?  Come on, man.  Think.

Ronster316 said:

After what Sony did there is no integrity in the gaming world, Its become a business now, Sure, Microsoft are just as bad and i am in no way defending their business practises, But after what Sony did to Nintendo and Sega the gloves are truly off now

Hell, If Apple joined the gaming business i would support Apple over Sony, The 1st cut is always the deepest and Sony delivered the 1st cut

To sum it up....... Any company from here in who has the ability to potentially crush Sony in the gaming world gets my support, Nintendo, Microsoft even Apple if they join in

And how is this integrity...

"...he (Yamauchi) secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment."

Subjectiveness at best.

Jordahn said:
Darc Requiem said:
Jordahn said:
Darc Requiem said:
Jordahn said:
@Ronster316

I must agree with Staude. As much as I love Nintendo, Nintendo should have had the dignity to inform SONY of thier disagreement. SONY's plans were not made secret to Nintendo. Nintendo knew all about it. And out of the very lease for business purposes, Nintendo should have tried to changed the policy or informed SONY to SONY that the deal could not be agreed upon and the deal was off. If someone couldn't agree with you on a particular plan, would you rather them infom you of it or work with someone else without telling you first? It's that simple

Honestly they were both at fault. Sony put some less than honest clauses in the contract and instead being the bigger man in the situation Yamauchi flew off the handle. He decided to get some pay back by screwing Sony over as much as he possible could. You have to remember that what type of businessman Yamauchi was. He was shrewed but ruthless. I mean when MS wanted to buy Nintendo he could have said no, instead he told them to "kiss his tiny yellow balls." Before there was Kutaragi there was Yamauchi, if I didnt know better I'd swear that they were father and son.

"...less that honest clauses in the contract?????"

Do you know how much of an oxymoron that is???

Sony wanted to charge Nintendo licensing fees on their own hardware and software. This would have essentially made Nintendo a third party developer on their own platform. If you tell me that you think Yamauchi willingly negotiated such a contract, I have some beach front properly I can sell you in Wyoming.

First of all if anyone is making something, that anyone can claim it to be theirs.  Nothing wrong with that.  And I never said that Nintendo didn't have the right to disagree with SONY's terms for whatever reason.  In fact, I implied that they should have if they couldn't come to an agreement, but again "...less that honest clauses in the contract?????"

Keep pushing the SONY hate.  ;)

Yeah because my initial response was completely dedicated to defaming Sony. I made no mention Yamauchi and erractic behavior.

As S.T.A.G.E's post showed, Yamauchi had no idea that Sony had inserted those clauses into the contract. Did he handle the situation appropriately? Nope. He was a prick about it. Does it absolve Sony of any wrong doing? Nope. I said in my initial post. They were BOTH at fault. Maybe you'll see the both this time.

Jordahn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jordahn said:

Dude, you are changing subjects to avoid an unarguable point.  What you said implied that SONY were in the right during the SNES-CD fiasco by saying that they had intergrity with Kutaragi on board.  This is all your logic.  And with Nintendo having signed the contract for around three years, what a few more days to inform SONY of their announcement to cancel their joint venture?  Come on, man.  Think.

I never implied that Sony was in the right. The contract wasn't even signed. Thats the nature of business. Nintendo felt they were getting pick pocketed by Sony. Thats it, it's over.

Jordahn said:
Ronster316 said:

And how is this integrity...

"...he (Yamauchi) secretly canceled all plans for the joint Nintendo-Sony SNES CD attachment."

Subjectiveness at best.

For the last time........ It was Nintendo (The already gaming Legend) who hired sony (no previous game software and hadrware knowledge)

So based on that alone who the hell do sony think they are? Making contract demands and just generally been a pain in the ass by trying to obtian the licensing rights when all they are were the understudys to Nintendo

If sony were the gaming LEGEND and nitendo were electronics nobodies and Nintendo tried to pull the same stunt i would be p*ssed at Nintendo

But thats not the case is it

Sony and Ken "thief" kutagari should be ashamed of themselves