By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6. Is no longer a exclusive

Such drama! I'm happy for 360 owners that they'll get to play a great game and guess what I'll still be able to buy it for my PS3(!!!)

And for people saying Tekken went downhill after 3 : Tekken 4 is the only sucky Tekken, Tekken 5 kicks ass!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Woohooo I knew it was comin'

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

FFS when something like this happens all the sony fans say its not big deal... lol it is a big deal though this is one of the reasons i would of bought a PS3 fror this game.

Now all i need is God of war 3 of 360 and im good haha JK..

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

forevercloud3000 said:
I am a big fan of tekken and I very much care about it going multiplatform. I am an avid PS3 fan and would like my system of choice to stop being forgotten. Sony is trying to run a good business, where ethics are high and in practice. They refuse to moneyhat for games. 360 already had an EXCLUSIVE next gen fighter that goes by the name of DOA(eewww). Why can't the PS3 ever have anything to itself? People talk about how the PS3 dissappointed developers with slack sales, this is rediculous. The PS3 has outsold the 360 worldwide every month since last october. The PS3 and 360 are only 5mill apart. How can you expect the PS3's sales to boost up if you keep taking away people's biggest reasons for buying the system?

If Sony can bounce back from the loss of FFXIII they can bounce back from this. The fact still remains is that I want Sony to succeed in life for making the best quality gaming product to be released in decades, yet this gen seems to only punish the PS3 for it. I have completely lost faith in 3rd party developers, it is all in the 1st party. Sony still has some of the biggest exclusives to come such as GT5, God of War III, Team ICO game, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LBP, WKC, Uncharted 2, Heavenly Sword 2, etc. And these are all 1st party owned IPs so they CANT go anywhere.

I only support system exclusives for I find multiplats to be dumbed down versions of their potential selves(GTA 4 anyone?). Just as FFXIII and Tekken have become, I have lost faith. I can no longer look up to SE(my used to be fav) or Namco(fav fighter ever).

"sigh....you all are just DOOMED!"
~KillFace~

Please. Sony brought corporate spending into gaming industry, especially in its first run. Microsoft's first round in the gaming industry wasn't so hot was it? Hell no. Please Sony lies through their teeth if they think they don't try to swindle people out of money. Look at what happened with Nintendo. Sony and Microsoft were the downfall of gaming because they turned gaming into a power hungry battle between powerful multi-billion dollar conglomerate and a multi-billion dollar monopoly in another industry. Sony looked down upon Companies like Nintendo and Sega, because they were the little guys. Unlike Sony, Nintendo and Sega were self sufficient and weren't multimedia giants like Sony was. Thats what the gaming industry consisted of to keep the integrity of the games. If Sony didn't exist, those games would've been on either a Nintendo system or a Sega system today. It just goes like this. Business is business and Sony met its monitary match. Sony is going toe to toe with a company that can shell out more money than they can. Do you think they could've had as many hot titles as they did with the PSX without shelling out money with their first system as opposed Nintendo or Sega?

Haven't you ever noticed that because of Sony turning videogame systems into a multimedia system, that the arcade industry started to quickly die in the US? You don't give the US something like that. You don't give us something like that, it spoils the shit out of us. We're a service/convenience economy. People are extremely lazy over here. At least in Japan people still support arcades because their ways of life is different. Microsoft can buy as many companies as they need, just like Sony can. They aren't doing anything that Sony hasn't done. The Sony fanboys are just pissed because Sony isn't the only bullying multi-billion dollar corporation pushing around people and taking the bulk of the games away from the little guys. Now Sony is getting a taste of their own medicine. You don't have to believe this, but if you can't understand it? God help you.

BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
I guess I'm baffled......

Companies (and M$ fanboys too btw) are always like "Well, HD console development is too high, so we have to go multiplatform to recoup costs and get a profit"

And yet, the same companies are making 360 exclusives (Tales, Star Ocean, etc)

I thought MGS4 proved that the PS3 could make a profit?

Lets see if any game that Sony puts out can sell more than Gears of War or Halo 3. I can't wait to see Fable 2's sales.

Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs.

And last I checked, a single Gran Turismo (GT3 A-Spec) has sold more than Halo 3 and Gears combined. That's not possible now unless 100% of the PS3 install bought GT5 when it comes out....but Sony does have games that sell gangbusters.

First of all Microsoft will never let gears go. Be ready to see them buy the IP. Fable isn't a third party game and it's not going anywhere, and Microsoft owns the rights to Halo and Fable. It's Gears that Microsoft is going to have to nail down. GT is Sonys only heavy hitter besides for 3rd party.

you missed the sarcasm. I was talking about 3rd parties and then you hopped in talking about Gear, Halo, and Fable (first party)

"Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs." -You.

You were also right that Sony will probably try to get their hands on Gears. Microsoft already knows this.

Around the Network

Does Tekken really matter.... honestly... Tekken and most fighting games suck now a days. Only the classics are good. Mortal Kombat and things like that back in the day.

Anyways, Namco-Bandia was bound to do this.. they are slowly leaning towards bankruptcy they need as much money as they can make.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I can't understand the fuss over this announcement. Did anyone really not see this coming. Namco has released every HD console game this gen as either a 360 timed exclusive or multiplat. They have also used uncanny methods such as buying level ups and weapons already available in-game to get more money thus earning them the title "Scamco Bandai". Despite the 360 continuous loving and namco's penchant for picking every penny, there were still people who believed Tekken 6 was an exclusive? LOL

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

ssj12 said:
Does Tekken really matter.... honestly... Tekken and most fighting games suck now a days. Only the classics are good. Mortal Kombat and things like that back in the day.

Anyways, Namco-Bandia was bound to do this.. they are slowly leaning towards bankruptcy they need as much money as they can make.

Please...Tekken was the only (non weapon) 3d fighter that was relevant especially in it's exclusivity.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
I guess I'm baffled......

Companies (and M$ fanboys too btw) are always like "Well, HD console development is too high, so we have to go multiplatform to recoup costs and get a profit"

And yet, the same companies are making 360 exclusives (Tales, Star Ocean, etc)

I thought MGS4 proved that the PS3 could make a profit?

Lets see if any game that Sony puts out can sell more than Gears of War or Halo 3. I can't wait to see Fable 2's sales.

Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs.

And last I checked, a single Gran Turismo (GT3 A-Spec) has sold more than Halo 3 and Gears combined. That's not possible now unless 100% of the PS3 install bought GT5 when it comes out....but Sony does have games that sell gangbusters.

First of all Microsoft will never let gears go. Be ready to see them buy the IP. Fable isn't a third party game and it's not going anywhere, and Microsoft owns the rights to Halo and Fable. It's Gears that Microsoft is going to have to nail down. GT is Sonys only heavy hitter besides for 3rd party.

you missed the sarcasm. I was talking about 3rd parties and then you hopped in talking about Gear, Halo, and Fable (first party)

"Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs." -You.

You were also right that Sony will probably try to get their hands on Gears. Microsoft already knows this.

huh? The point I tried to say was that 3rd parties could make a profit on the PS3 (MGS4 was the evidence), then you said something about Gears and Halo, which are 1st party and consequently have nothing to do with what I was talking about. The sarcasm I tried to use was that since this thread is essentially about 3rd party loss of exlcusivity, and you talked about Halo/Gears........

"Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs"

forevercloud3000 said:
I am a big fan of tekken and I very much care about it going multiplatform. I am an avid PS3 fan and would like my system of choice to stop being forgotten. Sony is trying to run a good business, where ethics are high and in practice. They refuse to moneyhat for games. 360 already had an EXCLUSIVE next gen fighter that goes by the name of DOA(eewww). Why can't the PS3 ever have anything to itself? People talk about how the PS3 dissappointed developers with slack sales, this is rediculous. The PS3 has outsold the 360 worldwide every month since last october. The PS3 and 360 are only 5mill apart. How can you expect the PS3's sales to boost up if you keep taking away people's biggest reasons for buying the system?

If Sony can bounce back from the loss of FFXIII they can bounce back from this. The fact still remains is that I want Sony to succeed in life for making the best quality gaming product to be released in decades, yet this gen seems to only punish the PS3 for it. I have completely lost faith in 3rd party developers, it is all in the 1st party. Sony still has some of the biggest exclusives to come such as GT5, God of War III, Team ICO game, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LBP, WKC, Uncharted 2, Heavenly Sword 2, etc. And these are all 1st party owned IPs so they CANT go anywhere.

I only support system exclusives for I find multiplats to be dumbed down versions of their potential selves(GTA 4 anyone?). Just as FFXIII and Tekken have become, I have lost faith. I can no longer look up to SE(my used to be fav) or Namco(fav fighter ever).

"sigh....you all are just DOOMED!"
~KillFace~

I know this must be a dissappointing time for you, but seriously get a grip on yourself. This is making your reasoning skills go way off the reservation. This is no warning, just one member talking to another. This is making you look ridiculous.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.