By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 6. Is no longer a exclusive

^well if i cared about tekken i would be as well. But i am talking sales wise.

Around the Network

still a big sih exclusive lost :(

I am a big fan of tekken and I very much care about it going multiplatform. I am an avid PS3 fan and would like my system of choice to stop being forgotten. Sony is trying to run a good business, where ethics are high and in practice. They refuse to moneyhat for games. 360 already had an EXCLUSIVE next gen fighter that goes by the name of DOA(eewww). Why can't the PS3 ever have anything to itself? People talk about how the PS3 dissappointed developers with slack sales, this is rediculous. The PS3 has outsold the 360 worldwide every month since last october. The PS3 and 360 are only 5mill apart. How can you expect the PS3's sales to boost up if you keep taking away people's biggest reasons for buying the system?

If Sony can bounce back from the loss of FFXIII they can bounce back from this. The fact still remains is that I want Sony to succeed in life for making the best quality gaming product to be released in decades, yet this gen seems to only punish the PS3 for it. I have completely lost faith in 3rd party developers, it is all in the 1st party. Sony still has some of the biggest exclusives to come such as GT5, God of War III, Team ICO game, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LBP, WKC, Uncharted 2, Heavenly Sword 2, etc. And these are all 1st party owned IPs so they CANT go anywhere.

I only support system exclusives for I find multiplats to be dumbed down versions of their potential selves(GTA 4 anyone?). Just as FFXIII and Tekken have become, I have lost faith. I can no longer look up to SE(my used to be fav) or Namco(fav fighter ever).

"sigh....you all are just DOOMED!"
~KillFace~

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

loy310 said:
Tekken 6 ? LOL ..... 360 fan boys will use anything for attention now a days, if you consider this a "megaton" then you fail.

Um, you do know that a certain portion of 360 owners were PS2 owners right?....Tekken is a big game and both sides of the spectrum.

BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
I guess I'm baffled......

Companies (and M$ fanboys too btw) are always like "Well, HD console development is too high, so we have to go multiplatform to recoup costs and get a profit"

And yet, the same companies are making 360 exclusives (Tales, Star Ocean, etc)

I thought MGS4 proved that the PS3 could make a profit?

Lets see if any game that Sony puts out can sell more than Gears of War or Halo 3. I can't wait to see Fable 2's sales.

Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs.

And last I checked, a single Gran Turismo (GT3 A-Spec) has sold more than Halo 3 and Gears combined. That's not possible now unless 100% of the PS3 install bought GT5 when it comes out....but Sony does have games that sell gangbusters.

First of all Microsoft will never let gears go. Be ready to see them buy the IP. Fable isn't a third party game and it's not going anywhere, and Microsoft owns the rights to Halo and Fable. It's Gears that Microsoft is going to have to nail down. GT is Sonys only heavy hitter besides for 3rd party.

Around the Network
Sansui said:
blazinhead89 said:
Sansui said:
I hate Tekken. Keep that garbage off my 360 :(

How about we get one of the better PS3 titles, like White Knight Chronicles, instead of this hasbeen of a fighting franchise.

A 28 Million seller Franchise Against an Unproven Game?

Old + Busted = Tekken

New Hotness = White Knight Chronicles

I've hated Tekken since its release, and even most Tekken diehards agree the series went downhill dramatically after 3

Men in Black II ftw!

as long as it's out on ps3 i guess i personally can't complain. it'll still sell better on ps3 anyway.

masterb8tr said:
by looking at this thread, its easy to tell that the only one who says this a megaton announcement is people with 360's, while ps3 fans dont care at all. Funny thing is, not many ps3 cared about this game before the announcement either. Just go check tekken 6 threads. THere will be plenty of people saying that this game will go multi(ps3 fans) and plenty of people who wont care + saying that tekken has lost it ways.

This was not the case with ff13, ps3 fans got pissed and did in fact care alot.

Face it tekken is not as big as it one time was.

If PS3 fans didn't care this thread would've never reached 6 pages and Forever cloud had a huge meltdown, so keep overlooking things to see only your point of view.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BMaker11 said:
I guess I'm baffled......

Companies (and M$ fanboys too btw) are always like "Well, HD console development is too high, so we have to go multiplatform to recoup costs and get a profit"

And yet, the same companies are making 360 exclusives (Tales, Star Ocean, etc)

I thought MGS4 proved that the PS3 could make a profit?

Lets see if any game that Sony puts out can sell more than Gears of War or Halo 3. I can't wait to see Fable 2's sales.

Yes.....because Gears, Halo, and Fable are all 3rd party games that could go multiplatform to recoup costs.

And last I checked, a single Gran Turismo (GT3 A-Spec) has sold more than Halo 3 and Gears combined. That's not possible now unless 100% of the PS3 install bought GT5 when it comes out....but Sony does have games that sell gangbusters.

First of all Microsoft will never let gears go. Be ready to see them buy the IP. Fable isn't a third party game and it's not going anywhere, and Microsoft owns the rights to Halo and Fable. It's Gears that Microsoft is going to have to nail down. GT is Sonys only heavy hitter besides for 3rd party.

you missed the sarcasm. I was talking about 3rd parties and then you hopped in talking about Gear, Halo, and Fable (first party)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony isn't as loyal of a company as you would like to think. Due to Sony's history I can understand by the history of quality games I can grant you this thought. Their care for what you want is truthfully an illusion and the same can be said for MS. Sony couldn't have given a damn about the gaming industry if it wasn't for Kutagari. At first they laughed at him. They were losing to the electronics war to their top competitors. Kutagari saved their asses imploring Sony to focus on videogames. Being that Sony was a still a powerful corporation even though they were falling behind in the electronics war, the first Playstation did very well using a CD format and and the PS2 did even better with DVD. The sales of both systems strengthened Sony. They can thank Kutagari for saving their asses when they laughed in his face.

You can be as pissed as you want, but Sony had it coming. They were acting like the big bad corporation that gets cocky by taking mass market share. You also like to point out that Sony was the only one who made a quality system. Microsoft started that trend by putting out and extremely powerful system for its gen. This is hypocrisy. Microsoft made it clear that their only goal this gen was to hold Sony back this gen. They told Nintendo congratulations and that this gen is theirs for sure. This is something that Sony is far too proud to do. I can't stand what the corporate status of gaming has done to them, but this gen Sony was far too cocky and Karma came to bite them in the ass. Sony isn't monopolizing any market, so they have no reason at all to be cocky. Microsoft has. I don't like both corporations on a moral level, but it doesn't mean I won't buy anything from them. Thats just stupid. It's all business. You know very well that Sony didn't fight for their 3rd party games. Sony tends to be so proud that they block out everything that made them big or whatever succeeded on their system.

It's not just because Microsoft has money, but it's also because of the fact that a larger portion of their installed base actually buys games compared to Sony. Have you ever thought that Namco thought twice after Soul Calibur IV sold better on the 360 than the PS3? Hmmm...all that loyalty when you should understand the good and the bad side of business. Theres very little emotion that you should put in business...especially today. I learned this great lesson in highschool. The childhood days of gaming are over. I'm sorry to say this...but it's over. It's about corporate take overs rather than the love of gaming. We have to take what few good games are left as consumers. 

great line right there....