By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My console collection is complete.

used 20GB hard drive

Crackdown
Mass Effect
Rock Band 2

Fable 2
Fallout 3 (exclusive DLC)

XBLA: Braid, N+, Pac-Man CE, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

when u leave them alone who knows what would happen :S while u r sleeping :P

F.U. Fun University.

man i remember when all games came with a free month of xboxlive, i think the 48 hour thing is pointless they need to bump that out to at least a week

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

naznatips said:
You don't get 1 month free gold with the arcade. You get 1 month free of netflix when that launches, but you have to buy the gold account.

As far as I know all 360s no matter which SKU has included 1 month for free

I honestly think we need official video game setup thread.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

You guys are suggesting a lot more XBLA games than are going to fit on that 256mb memory card. Guess I should look for a hard drive pretty soon.

Thanks though.  Honestly you guys have been a huge help, and suggested a lot of stuff I hadn't thought of.

XBLA is truely awesome.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

jasonnc80 said:
naznatips said:

You guys are suggesting a lot more XBLA games than are going to fit on that 256mb memory card. Guess I should look for a hard drive pretty soon.

Thanks though.  Honestly you guys have been a huge help, and suggested a lot of stuff I hadn't thought of.

Naz, I don't know your philosophy on reselling equipment but I would look into picking up a used 20gb hard drive.  Target had new ones on clearance a while back for around $30 but I doubt you'll find any there now.  Used they still go for around that price on ebay.  You could even sell that memory card if you wanted to recoup some of that cash.  I don't think $30 will break most people nowadays but gas is on the rise... It makes the most sense if you want to expand your library and play a few games online (you do get a 1month free gold trial and who knows what the future will bring).

Yeah I was about to suggest the same thing. Target had 20GB hard drives on clearance for $24.99. Maybe you will luck out and find one.

I definitely wasn't offered a free month of XBL, but then I already had an account that I used for the forums that I "retrieved."

That's probably where you went wrong. If you create a new account on your xbox you should get a free month.

I don't know if it's worth all the hassle though, since you already have a PS3 for online games. Maybe save the option in case a nice 360 exclusive comes along that you want to play online (Gears2 maybe?)

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Gears 2, I forgot that comes out next month... I feel like going to play the original some more...

It's worth it to try games that may not appeal to you right away. If I didn't, I would have never tried Perfect Dark, Super Smash, Gears; games that I quite enjoyed.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)