By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Reasons Why Kingdom Hearts 3 Should Come To The Wii

Okay here's my reasons why it'd be a smart move to put KH3 on the Wii.

1. Kingdom Hearts is based around Disney characters, the Wii is a family console, familys know Disney and would be attracted to a Disney based game.

2. Key Blade, Wii-mote, perfect.

3. Easier and cheaper to develop for.

4. More people own the Wii, more sales, simple.

5. The world is embrassing the Wii more so then any other Big N console, if it was ever possible to be on a Nintendo console it'd be this one. (not really a reason, more so a point)

My view is this, the videos released last year of the proposed Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS3 were from Kingdom Hearts 3, ever since recent lagging in hardware it was announced that is wasn't Kingdom Hearts 3 but was still a PS3 game, a spin off, to me that sounds like Square Enix arn't happy with PS3's sales and have shifted their KH main series elsewhere, to the Wii, and decided to change the PS3's KH3 into a spin-off.

I'd say realisticly there's an 80% chance Kingdom Hearts 3 will be a Wii exclusive.

Around the Network

Id say there's a 50--50 chance, kingdomhearts 3 is expected to be impressive graphicly, but lets just wait for TGS for any details on any new kingdomhearts game.

mM

Also, isn't Diablo 3 supposed to come out before KH3? Like, the new Kingdom Hearts game will take forever?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I agree with all of your points. Nintendo is in a good place right now and they may see some version of every major game hit the Wii, even if it is a Last Gen Wii-make.
Oh and of course I don't mean those games made by Microsoft or Sony directly. (Although according to IGN, Bungie made a DS version of Halo, but it was never released- so you never know).

They didn't start any KH project on a Sony console. I'm not sure where people are getting this idea, but the only game in development right now is the KH spinoff and its platform isn't confirmed.

But one reason KH3 would be on Wii is because Disney said so. No, really. They've been pressuring SE to put KH on a Nintendo console since KH2. Disney has the best relationship with Nintendo and they want badly to get in on the family market, since that's who Disney movies appeal to anyway. SE really doesn't have a case against putting it on Wii now since it took the place of PS2 this gen.

It may be the spinoff, it may be KH3, but either way, one of the upcoming KH projects is definitely going to be on a Nintendo platform.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

1. True, Disney is very family centric, but Kingdom Hearts isn't the kiddy thing that you would think of when you think of something like Disney. Kingdom Hearts is a great game, but I think it is just fine where it is, in Sony's camp. Obviously the game is fa far away, so current installed bases aren't as important as the will be when the game is finally released ( I'm thinking maybe as late as 2009) Wii may still be in the lead, but don't count PS3 out yet.

2.Sure the Key Blade would fit the Wiimote if you are looking at the obvious and un-imaginative. Why do us Wii owners think all sword games will just magically work because of the waggle controls. If you are looking for that type of sword action go buy Red Steel or wait for Dragon Quest Wii.

3. Cheaper to develop for obviously, but that doesnt make it easier. Sure the Wii architecture isn't to far from GameCube, but then why are most current games looking worse than what they did on the Cube. Rush job or not, there is obviously something that is hampering current titles and it's not just developers being lazy. The Wii is a NEW console, just as PS3 and 360, so it will take time. Physically speaking, the Wii is so much smaller than Cube, so that should also tell you the components inside are different as well, so devs must learn to work with them.

Everyone initially thought the PS3 would be as dominant as PS/PS2, so they understandably devoted more resources to Sony, and not Nintendo who everyone is playing catch up with.

4. Again, will this be the case when KH is ready to launch......( I am sure it is, but that is still a relevant question)

5. I would think that audience rather than installed base would dictate game sales..... Look at a Sonic game, for example, that came out last gen. I don't have the exact figures, but you can bet your bottom dollar(pound?) that they performed better on the smaller base of the Cube ( Soul Caliber?)

I will agree, that it is around 50/50. Still, those are pretty good odds. And, if it does not get KH3, it has, IMO, a 100% chance of getting a spin-off. Not as great as the main series, but surely a step forward as far as support (either scenario).

I wouldn't mind having KH3 on the Wii, but KH is full of FF characters that've only ever appeared on the Playstations. I'd rather they make a similar game with Disney and Nintendo characters in it.

Can the Wii even handle KH3?

sexybeast said:
Can the Wii even handle KH3

You are assuming it will be going to the PS3 by saying that....

If the PS2 can handle KH, Wii can.