By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I bought a PS3 and stoped playing Wii

noname2200 said:
kibebr said:
Yeah, sily thread for sure, but never someone expressed about PS3 more interesting than Wii, so..

You're new around these parts, ain't ya?

Yeah, I am a NOOB around here :S

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network

Lol, i had a wii since release date. i bought a ps3 a week before MGS4, played COD4, played and beat MGS4, and i havnt touched my PS3 since. its somewhere collecting dust.

why should we care?

Congrats on your PS3. It's a terrific console, although I still don't know what to buy first, a 360 or a PS3... there are more games I want on the PS3 (10) than I want on the 360 (6-7) but I can't afford all of the PS3 games because the console is expensive... then again I can't afford all fo the 360 ones either, but I can afford more.

Anyway, enjoy it. MGS, Uncharted, Disgaea, VC, R&C... what else do you need from a console?

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
I have had X360 and PS3 since day one. I have never actually owned a Wii, but my wife runs a day care through our house, and one of the parents lent us a Wii while we are watching their kid. So far the games that I have given a go at on Wii are, Mario Galexy, Metriod Prime 3, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Wii Sports, Kung Fu Panda, Cars the game, and Rayman Raving Rabits. Out of those games only 2 have kept me going back to play the Wii, Mario Galexy, and Wii Sports. All of the other games have better counterparts on either the PS3 or 360. IMO both Halo, and Haze were much better games than Metroid. The motion controlls did not add a hole lot as I can just set my arm on the siderest of the couch and it only takes slight movment to get the resired results. Basically Wii Sports is still the only Wii game I have played that I have enjoyed the motion. As far as Mario Kart goes, I would rather play either Burnout Paradise, or Motorstorm, and now with wipeout that is also in the mix. I am a huge Mario Kart fan, but Super Mario Kart remains my favorite, and my SNES is still hooked up. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a good game, but I have just grown tired of fighters, and yet again I often find myself playing a SNES game, but remade for X360 called Street Fighter 2. As for the rest of the games mentioned, I think most of us can agree that they are all just plain crap.

So there is my opinion on the consoles this gen. I would say I am about 75% PS3, 20% 360 and 5% Wii between my current gen gaming.

I only know one person around here that puts so much pro-PS3 stuff in their signature and writes like you AND has a michael jackson icon. I smell an alt account. =p

kibebr said:
10 months playing PS3... stopping the passion and starting the love, ahahah

10 months? Why are you posting this as if it was new then?

You think we don't get the "My Wii is collecting dust" enough already?

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Neos said:
my dog is cuter than yours! hah.

My dog will kick your dog's ass. Who's laughing now? HAHA

Honestly, I don't see why people are getting so out of sorts over this. I haven't been playing teh Wii that often for a while, but it's not because there aren't games I'm enjoying for it, it's just that I've gotten a fairly large influx of games for other systems, a lot of them retro.

Hell, I'm playing Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for the PS1. That's hella awesome right now, but I still have Zack & Wiki and Boom Blox on the backburners for Wii, I still pick up Brawl for the occasional multiplayer battle, and I still haven't even gotten Okami, Resident Evil 4, Mario Kart, or a few others I've been sorta considering, like Tomb Raider. Of course, that's not even counting all the other stuff that hasn't even come out: Matroid 1 & 2, Pikmin(all of them), Madworld, Conduit, maybe Call of Duty, and hopefully they'll redo the Zelda stuff from N64 and Gamecube.
Still need to get a few PS2 games. I think I'd like to finish the Legacy of Kain series, and also check out Ico and Shadows of the Colossus.

Don't even get me started on what you can get for the DS. Seriously, this is an awesome time to be a gamer.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

it happen to me tooo, i dont touch it since then