By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I bought a PS3 and stoped playing Wii

I'm in the exact opposite position, I bought my Wii at launch so almost 2 years ago, I bought my PS3 4 months ago but once I was through MGS4, it was back to the Wii. Right now, I would say it still gets about 85% of my play time and my PS3 has spent more time being a DVD player than a gaming device.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Congratz to u an ur new ps3.

I go 360>Wii>PS3 in terms of play. So I was the exact opposite of you.

Depending upon the type of games you like to play, different consoles are going to be best.

That is not anything anyone should get upset about.

I own a Wii and would not mind a 360 -- but if I think my wife is upset about my game buying now (close to one per week) ...

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Really?

ZOMG

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Hi, about not having a Xbox360... I live in Brazil, I bought the PS3 on december 2007, personally I was interested in XBox360 because has a better online service and so many good games.... BUT... BUT, theres the problem on many units having the 3RL and garantee in Brazil is short, so, PS3 became better and I decided to buy sometinhg not ofering so much games but more stable and with the promisse of good games being lauched... as MGS4, etc..etc..
I am happy with the choice, but today, MS with Falcon board rules, but I am happy with my PS3.

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Kantor said:
tabsina said:
considering you didn't buy any of the following
super mario galaxy, mario kart, super smash brothers, metroid prime 3, zelda twilight princess, okami, zack&wiki, RE4. RE:UC, de blob, no more heroes, etc etc..

I'm not surprised.

Well, if he owned the first four, considering RE4 (a superior version) is on PS2, Umbrella Chronicles is awful, Zack and Wiki is an adventure game and frankly de blob sounds like the game name equivalent of the Wii.

Good for you by the way. It's good when another person experiences the PS3 and loses their old fashioned 'too expensive' and 'no games' prejudices and loves it.

Why would the PS2 version be the better version?  The Wii version is missing some of the extra content but it has the vastly improved control scheme that makes it a dream to play.

you're in the exact situation as me. Got bored of all the Mario blah blah games. Before you say I never had any of the good games... believe me I did but they're just too casual

Neos said:
my dog is cuter than yours! hah.

That thing in his avatar is a dog? I thought it was some sort mutated photoshopped rabbit. LOL

@Kantor - you have pretty bad taste if you think Umbrella Chronicles is awful. I'll be sure to avoid the games you play.

kibebr said:

I think this happens to everybody that don't plays RG, am I right?

No.  No, you are not.  Not by a long shot.  I have 360, PS3, and Wii, and Wii gets by far the most playtime, with 360 in second.  I've started to play the PS3 more lately because of the LittleBig Planet Beta and a little bit of my roommate's Rock Band, but before that the only time I spent a long time with the system was with Uncharted.

Meanwhile, with Wii I play Mario Kart Wii (by myself OR with friends), Brawl (same), Zack and Wiki, Endless Ocean, Medal of Honour, and RE4.  Those are the games I have on the go right now, and I probably have 13-14 more in my collection.

Actually, I should mention that my DS gets far more playtime than either of the HD consoles, roughly equalling my Wii playtime.

So, in short, you have every right to like the PS3 more, but you have zero right to assume that everyone else does.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."