By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who won the VP debate?

theprof00 said:
wow she lied so much

I'm surprised that no one is listing her lies or contradictions.

Biden's lies and contradictions:

1.  Biden lied about supporting "clean coal"  (he didn't)

2.  He said that obama will not talk to terrorist leaders.  (obama said he will)

3.  He lied about Obama not supporting Hamas election.

4.  He was confused about Gaza and the West Bank.

5.  he contended that Bush Administration let Hezbollah into Lebanon  (What???), he and Obama said NATO should go in but nobody took up on it???????

http://minx.cc/?post=274757

There are more in this website.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Save for those three reasons, Biden won the debate. You could claim that he spent too much time bitching about McCain, but that's what you're supposed to do. They were there to represent their candidates. If Biden spent the whole time bitching out Palin, do you think that would get good reception? The Democrats knew beforehand that the public would see it as bullying. But if you're willing to ignore every argument that Biden won, then Palin wins by default.

Instead of bitching about McCain and quoting votes he made 15-20 years ago (which Biden sided with him on in some instances), he could have spent more time talking about what Obama was going to do to make things better.

Some people may get off on listening about how much the other side sucks but I'd rather hear a real solution in its stead.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I want someone in touch with the American people, but they need to be knowledgeable and experienced as well. Palin can talk about her hometown all she wants...being a soccer mom shouldn't earn you vice presidency of the US.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Coca-Cola said:
theprof00 said:
wow she lied so much

2.  He said that obama will not talk to terrorist leaders.  (obama said he will)

5.  he contended that Bush Administration let Hezbollah into Lebanon  (What???), he and Obama said NATO should go in but nobody took up on it???????

you can go on and on about what biden lied about, every word out of palin's mouth was a lie followed by insulting biden. it was truely pathetic.

What is truely pathetic though is this source you indicate. It is so goddamn frustrating that even if I were to go and prove or at least sort out the "14 lies of biden" from your source (which i can) , you would not care, it would not change your vote, and you would go on posting this kind of stuff everywhere you found the chance.

After just 5 minutes on factcheck.org you would have seen that this source is garbage.

Just to prove it to you, so that maybe you will one day look at this and say "from now on i won't be so stubborn", here is your source discredited.

1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted “the exact same way” as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.

Yup McCain never voted on the proposal. Now the proposal? It was a budget resolution and didn't raise taxes.
Here, basically your site is saying, "look biden lied about mccain voting! That's lie number one!" while then planting a lie in the midst of "discovery"
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html (note: mid page, not the summary, the summary is only part of it)

2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.

Obama has never agreed to meet unconditionally. It is a fact known across the media that he is avoiding saying unconditionally and was even resolved on Bill O'reiily.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/25/fact-check-would-obama-meet-unconditionally-with-iran/
He also never said he would meet with terrorist leaders.
Which you stated in your post (differing from your OWN source even).

3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, “Drill we must.” But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to “raping” the Outer Continental Shelf.”

"We should be creating jobs. John McCain has voted 20 times against funding alternative energy sources and thinks, I guess, the only answer is drill, drill, drill. Drill we must, but it will take 10 years for one drop of oil to come out of any of the wells that are going to begun to be drilled."
This is harder to prove wrong because I feel it is contextual. He is right though that drilling will not fix the problem.

4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of it’s passage.

saying: "Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field"
and saying: "Joe Biden lied that McCain and Obama both voted against funding at different times"
~is different. words make a difference, although it doesn't seem to on this site. Obama has voted against funding and so has McCain.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html

5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says he’s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.

Biden has been for clean coal technology so that it can be an exported product for countries like China who use dirty coal. He doesn't necessarily edorse clean coal use. But i guess "use" and "technology" is the same word to people on that site.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html

6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCain’s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.

Wow they should factcheck themselves. McCain has only voted against alternative energy use 11 times, but also voted against mandatory use of alternative energy which makes up the rest of those 23 votes. Astonishing! http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html

7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people's health insurance coverage -- they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false

No they get a 5000 credit. that is not going to cover all plans. Not only that but Palin claimed that this cut would be budget neutral, when it would actual cost a shortfall of 100+billion. And yes McCain is proposing to tax healthcare for the first time ever.
McCains idea cover 5 million uninsured for 1.3 trillion and Obamas covers 35 million uninsured for 1.6trillion, do the math.

8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska -- she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it's not a windfall profits tax.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008103325_alaskatax07.html
the headline for this paper:
"Windfall tax lets Alaska rake in billions from Big Oil" Wow #8 source, Wow.

9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.

I don't even need a link for this one. Biden said one guy said something, and this statement says someone else said something else. Wow that WOULD be a lie, if those two people were actually one person and never said what Biden claimed he said. SHOCKING! What a great list! the last two aren't even lies!

Factcheck has this to say about it

Point Biden. To start, Palin got newly appointed Gen. David D. McKiernan's name wrong when she called him McClellan. And, more important, Gen. McKiernan clearly did say that surge principles would not work in Afghanistan. As the Washington Post reported:

Washington Post: "The word I don't use for Afghanistan is 'surge,' " McKiernan stressed, saying that what is required is a "sustained commitment" to a counterinsurgency effort that could last many years and would ultimately require a political, not military, solution.

10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation -- he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.

McCain has been quoted as saying "I am always for deregulating". One instance to the opposite does not make a strong case. Here is a quote from factcheck.org
"Palin is referring to a bill that would have increased oversight on Fannie and Freddie. In our recent article about assigning blame for the crisis, we found that by the time McCain added his name to the bill as a cosponsor, the collapse was well underway. Home prices began falling only two months later. Our colleagues at PolitiFact also questioned this claim."

11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was “dead wrong on Iraq”, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.

12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldn’t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.

The tax plan is for American families not american individuals. I'm not sure if that 200,000 figure was just a number they made up involving an individual, or they just made up the number completely. Apparently even that site doesn't know it is for families.

13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesn’t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of “part of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.”

14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won't pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan

I have to go to school but i will come back and disprove those other 3 points later.

theprof00 said:
Coca-Cola said:
theprof00 said:
wow she lied so much

you can go on and on about what biden lied about, every word out of palin's mouth was a lie followed by insulting biden. it was truely pathetic.

Nice attempt at objectivity. Coca-Cola lists points that Biden obviously lied about and your grand response is "but she li3d teh m0re!"

*sighs*

It's safe to say that they both said a lot of bullshit during that debate but if you're not going to bother pointing out actual details, why respond?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

according to fact check.org this is what Palin "mispoke" on (I won't do biden, it's listed above)

Palin mistakenly claimed that troop levels in Iraq had returned to “pre-surge” levels. Levels are gradually coming down but current plans would have levels higher than pre-surge numbers through early next year, at least.

Palin repeated a false claim that Obama once voted in favor of higher taxes on “families” making as little as $42,000 a year. He did not. The budget bill in question called for an increase only on singles making that amount, but a family of four would not have been affected unless they made at least $90,000 a year.

Palin claimed McCain’s health care plan would be “budget neutral,” costing the government nothing. Independent budget experts estimate McCain's plan would cost tens of billions each year, though details are too fuzzy to allow for exact estimates.

* Palin wrongly claimed that “millions of small businesses” would see tax increases under Obama’s tax proposals. At most, several hundred thousand business owners would see increases.

Edit: Oops, there are more listed, I needed to scroll down further.

Palin said, "We're circulating about $700 billion a year into foreign countries" for imported oil, repeating an outdated figure often used by McCain. At oil prices current as of Sept. 30, imports are running at a rate of about $493 billion per year.

Palin threw out an old canard when she criticized Obama for voting for the 2005 energy bill and said, “that’s what gave those oil companies those big tax breaks.” It’s a false attack Sen. Hillary Clinton used against Obama in the primary, and McCain himself has hurled. It’s true that the bill gave some tax breaks to oil companies, but it also took away others. And according to the Congressional Research Service, the bill created a slight net increase in taxes for the oil industry.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@rocketpig... I fully agree with your new sig!

All in all it was a pretty good debate... top rated VP debate and most watched since 1992's Presidential debate between Bush Sr. Clinton and Perot... and that's completely due to Sarah Palin. If McCain had selected any other Republican candidate except maybe Fred Thompson, this debate would've been a snore fest and Obama/Biden would win and still be ahead in the polls by default. Will be interesting to see the new polls out later today or early next week since Obama's been enjoying a comfortable lead after all the economic turmoil the past 2 weeks.

Just remember though... when bad things happen in America , it's apparently good for Obama. I'm not so sure I want a president who relies on our economic troubles to surge ahead in the polls... the past 2 Democrats who won office did just that.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

sorry rocketpig, my response is in that big wall of text showing how those "lies" biden said weren't lies.

rocketpig said:
theprof00 said:
Coca-Cola said:
theprof00 said:
wow she lied so much

Nice attempt at objectivity. Coca-Cola lists points that Biden obviously lied about and your grand response is "but she li3d teh m0re!"

*sighs*

It's safe to say that they both said a lot of bullshit during that debate but if you're not going to bother pointing out actual details, why respond?

because time after time it sucks explaining things to people who will never listen.

Hey.... were there any Cheney V Edwards debates?

About time I remember my password...