By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who won the VP debate?

NightDragon83 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Wasn't Drudge also the only site that said McCain won last week?

Yup... but hey, don't be too surprised if you wake up on Nov. 5th and find out that there's gonna be a President McCain, after listening to all the pundits in the MSM cite various exit polls saying that Obama will win in a landslide the night before. Don't you guys remember '04? The election in which John Kerry was supposed to mop the floor with George Bush and was leading in most polls by as much as 5 points the day before the election? It's called "The Silent Majority"... you know... the people who are too busy at their jobs or attending their families to partake in polls that are skewered to specific groups intended to paint a rosey picture for the candidate the media favors. Just giving you a friendly heads up, thats all

Exit polls are always crap. And what polls are you saying that Kerry was leading by 5 points? If that was true then there is reason for Obama supporters to be worried , but it is not. Take a look here at this link

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/bush_vs_kerry.html

That shows the real poll picture.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of either party, but Palin seemed painfully and obviously out of her league - just earnest-sounding, pious fluff, interspersed with that horrible deer-in-the-headlights waxen smile. Several responses were sheer boilerplate. By contrast, Biden was effective, and didn't make any mistakes. We'll see what the polls say...

I came across too partisan earlier but my undecideds comments still stand. I feel it was a tie but Palin showed that she could hold her own against an almost 30 year Senate member. That is a plus.

Whoever Bob Barr's VP is. These two both annoyed the hell out of me.

Shame cause I liked Biden during the primary debates... during this one though... just horrible.

I think Obama and McCain should have a joint confrence where they declare a mulligan on VP candidates.

Aiemond said:
NightDragon83 said:

Yup... but hey, don't be too surprised if you wake up on Nov. 5th and find out that there's gonna be a President McCain, after listening to all the pundits in the MSM cite various exit polls saying that Obama will win in a landslide the night before. Don't you guys remember '04? The election in which John Kerry was supposed to mop the floor with George Bush and was leading in most polls by as much as 5 points the day before the election? It's called "The Silent Majority"... you know... the people who are too busy at their jobs or attending their families to partake in polls that are skewered to specific groups intended to paint a rosey picture for the candidate the media favors. Just giving you a friendly heads up, thats all

Exit polls are always crap. And what polls are you saying that Kerry was leading by 5 points? If that was true then there is reason for Obama supporters to be worried , but it is not. Take a look here at this link

None of that is the actual exit polls after voting.  That ends in October.

The poll he's talking about is likely Zogby, where everyone thought Kerry was going to cruise to victory after seeing... then suddenly the wheels fell off.

Sad night.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1297588/posts

Zogby blew it... giving everyone false hope.  Then joined in wild alegations instead of acknowledging he screwed up.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Aiemond said:
NightDragon83 said:

None of that is the actual exit polls after voting.  That ends in October.

The poll he's talking about is likely Zogby, where everyone thought Kerry was going to cruise to victory after seeing... then suddenly the wheels fell off.

Sad night.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1297588/posts

Zogby blew it... giving everyone false hope.  Then joined in wild alegations instead of acknowledging he screwed up.

To be fair, he did say the polls before the election. I don't believe any exit polls; I always watch the votes being counted. I doubt anyone is going to be suprised on the 5th though, everyone here will prolly be watching till its basically set in stone.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I really wanted Palin to know something about Darfur. Nothin'.

As one person in the chat said, one of the questions should have been;

"Here's a map, find the West Bank"

I think that would've been the most telling question

Currently playing: Civ 6

Soo, I'm not a fan of these two, but I think Biden 'won' this debate, although it wasn't really a debate.

I'm not an American, but this how I saw this:

His answers just had a lot more substance. I'm not sure, but I think repeating cheesy lines with key words like [insert random sport here] mom and maverick doesn't show much knowledge.

I really can't see how anyone could possibly say Palin won. She didn't look like a moron. True. So what? I thought we were talking about something serious, presidential election and stuff like that.  Even if it's only the VP, there should be a lot more criteria.

Can someone confirm whether or not Talibani is a word? I could understand being an Iraqi, but a Talibani? Just curious.

Anyways, there are only three reasons anyone could provide for why Palin won:

1. She talked to the audience like they were small children

2. She performed slightly above mediocre

3. She had the highest number of speech clips that could be put on Youtube

Save for those three reasons, Biden won the debate. You could claim that he spent too much time bitching about McCain, but that's what you're supposed to do. They were there to represent their candidates. If Biden spent the whole time bitching out Palin, do you think that would get good reception? The Democrats knew beforehand that the public would see it as bullying. But if you're willing to ignore every argument that Biden won, then Palin wins by default.

I don't think there's any credible news site out there that will say Palin won with the undecideds...Biden clearly did better here.

I don't like Palin, and you may say it's not a big deal, but VP is a big deal. We joke about McCain being old...but a lot can happen between now and 2012, and I don't want to risk Palin being President of our entire country. She just rambled on about family and being a soccer mom...she's an entertaining politician and surely knows enough about the workings of Alaska, but I don't think she's at all capable of one of the highest jobs in our government.

I don't really care for Obama or McCain, but at least with Obama, both he and Biden know what they're doing. Palin doesn't and I don't trust McCain at all after picking Palin.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )