By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who won the VP debate?

I think Palin won. She attacked alot more, had good jokes, and seemed to connect more witht he audiance. I agreed more with BIden and felt he had more substance, but Palin's style was overpowering.

Your thoughts?

Around the Network

She dodged questions too much. While she exceeded expectations by talking fluidly, that still means a loss.

Palin always fell back to "energy independence" (which btw won't happen) as a crutch to questions she didn't like.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Biden won because he answered questions from Gwen and he answered Palin.

Palin had a set amount of answers that she read, no matter what the questions were.

But in reality, I won, because I survived the maverick drinking game.

She won because she survived it

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

...and with style points!

Seriosuly, I think that the joke about the 3rd graders and nobody getting Biden's joke might be enough to make people on the whole think she won... unless the media unanimously syas biden won. Either way, this debate won't sink McCains campaign, which it could have, so Palin is the winner.

Around the Network

By the way, saying "nukular" should automatically mean a loss. Especially because of Bush.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Palin, she did a great job for her limited experience... Biden fell back at attacking the past to much.

People needs to realize that the 48.7 trillion dollars in debt was not made by the Bush administration. It was made by a large majority of presidents over the years. Things just hit a point where it crashed into itself.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Hawkeye said:
psrock said:

...and with style points!

Seriosuly, I think that the joke about the 3rd graders and nobody getting Biden's joke might be enough to make people on the whole think she won... unless the media unanimously syas biden won. Either way, this debate won't sink McCains campaign, which it could have, so Palin is the winner.

You actually believe people will think she won because her lame "jokes" were better?

Biden was by far the better debater. He hit McCain and his record hard on nearly every topic and countered everything Palin said very effectively, while Palin spent most of her time spewing talking points and avoiding questions. It can be said that she won because she didn't screw up at all, but I think actually watching the debate will show that Biden is the stronger canidate.

That part when Biden nearly teared up could help a lot also.

It was essentially a tie, but Biden won.

Palin didn't destroy herself, so she didn't lost, but she was way too happy to misdirect every question that came at her.

Biden stuck to his guns and answered the questions for the most part, but didn't trump Palin by any means. He was definitely more informed than her though. Just watch the Darfur section if you don't believe me.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

ssj12 said:
Palin, she did a great job for her limited experience... Biden fell back at attacking the past to much.

People needs to realize that the 48.7 trillion dollars in debt was not made by the Bush administration. It was made by a large majority of presidents over the years. Things just hit a point where it crashed into itself.

I do remember BUSH started his presidency with a surplus. Who spent it again?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)