By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who won the VP debate?

steven787 said:
This is what I've been saying forever now, especially to those who wonder how I could go from Libertarian to Democrat.

It's better to be "Tax and Spend" than just "Spend".

I'd like to take this moment to thank neo-cons for throwing people like us out on our political asses, steven.

Every four years, we get to choose between a douche and turd sandwich. Yay.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
steven787 said:
This is what I've been saying forever now, especially to those who wonder how I could go from Libertarian to Democrat.

I'd like to take this moment to thank neo-cons for throwing people like us out on our political asses, steven.

I had to choose, Fascist or Communist.  At least this way, I'll have health care when the economy collapses.  Yay?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

rocketpig said:
steven787 said:

The political climate in this country would be a lot healthier if we had something along the lines of:

Democrats vs. Classic Conservatives

Democrats vs. Libertarians

or Libertarians/Libertarian-Influenced Democrats vs. any of the above.

Neocons have just thrown everything out of wack and left many classical conservatives and libertarians out in the cold.  Even the Democrats are fiscally responsible in comparison.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Yeah, I have been saying that for years. We are no longer the party of Taft or Coolidge. I would prefer an interventionist like Goldwater to the neoclowns who now control the party. At least Goldwater was for small government and advocated sound economic policies. The neocons are not conservatives. They advocate an interventionist foreign policy; have expanded government (NCLB Act 2001, DHS); have been fiscally irresponsible; and no longer advocate freedom and liberty (suspending writ of Habeas Corpus, marriage amendment, and the USA PATRIOT Act).