By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - new PS3 RPG "Demon's Souls" scans

@axumblade

why oh why would an american dev announce their game at TGS....especially as Jak n Daxter is a FLOP in japan as well.
______

COOL...glad to see JRPG support coming

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Acevil said:
Damnit, why does it have to be Action RPG.....damnit why did I make a decision to try and play all Japanese RPGs....even if I hate Action RPGs.

It's probably one of these:

1)  You're a mindless sheep who only plays games because everyone else is playing them.

2)  You're an attention whore who is only playing them for the sake of being able to brag that you played them.

3)  You're secretly a masochist and hate yourself so you play them.

4)  You're secretly in love with them but don't want to admit it.

5)  You never actually intend to play them but are saying you do to try to sound cool.

6)  The cake made you do it.

I think, I do it for the story! I also like 6...but you are really harsh! Also I do it because I missed a lot of the last generation gems and I don't want to do that again.

Also I never do it for number 2 and number 1, but everything else is possible.

I dunno.  Missing a generation's games isn't all bad.  You can always pick them up later when they're cheaper and suddenly you'll have a mountain of great stuff to play.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Acevil said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Acevil said:
Damnit, why does it have to be Action RPG.....damnit why did I make a decision to try and play all Japanese RPGs....even if I hate Action RPGs.

It's probably one of these:

1)  You're a mindless sheep who only plays games because everyone else is playing them.

2)  You're an attention whore who is only playing them for the sake of being able to brag that you played them.

3)  You're secretly a masochist and hate yourself so you play them.

4)  You're secretly in love with them but don't want to admit it.

5)  You never actually intend to play them but are saying you do to try to sound cool.

6)  The cake made you do it.

I think, I do it for the story! I also like 6...but you are really harsh! Also I do it because I missed a lot of the last generation gems and I don't want to do that again.

Also I never do it for number 2 and number 1, but everything else is possible.

I dunno.  Missing a generation's games isn't all bad.  You can always pick them up later when they're cheaper and suddenly you'll have a mountain of great stuff to play.

Ya but somethings are lost to me. Like Ar Tonelico....and #2 is just around the corner. Most of my ps2 collection was built within the last 2 years. I am going to pick up Tales of Abyss today!

@axumblade

it doesn't....it was just out of the reams of common sense for them to announce Jak n Daxter there....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS3 needs to reclaim the JRPG crown finally SCEJ is doing something about this. Between WKC and this if it turns out good PS3 sales will tunr around WorldWide.

Around the Network

This kinda looks a little SotC to me. The art style, huge enemy, etc.

Looks very good. Keep up the good news Sony! And it's launching next year in Japan!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I wonder how this and WKC will match up to Lost Odyssey, and Blu Dragon.

I Knew the JRPGs were coming, Should start moving Modest units in Japan. PS2 took a while to get its first proper JRPG

blazinhead89 said:
I Knew the JRPGs were coming, Should start moving Modest units in Japan. PS2 took a while to get its first proper JRPG

Wrong. The PS2 had 4 Rpgs on launch day. Granted 3 of them sucked to high heaven.

What was the the proper launch JRPG title?