By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - rumor ps4 might use ps3 cell chip

Bro , im a nintendo fan myself but i have to admit that there were a lot of good games adn franchises that were born on the PS1 PS2 era

Around the Network
Yoshi! said:
Kyros said:
You should just accept the fact that Nintendo >>>>> sony.

This gen Nintendo > Sony. Now you acknowledge the last two generations Sony > Nintendo.

Well, sony sold more but there were no good games on ps1/2.

That is entirely your opinion.  There are plenty who would say otherwise.  PS1/2 have the most diverse library of games currently on the market with many of them ranking as well as or better than nintendo games.

I feel the same way about the Wii right now but that doesn't make it a fact simply my opinion.

Yoshi! said:
Dallinor said:
Yoshi! said:
SickleSigh said:
Yoshi! said:
There won't be a Ps4, Sony just can't compete with ninty

People forget Sony has owned the video game industry the past 10 or so years? Thats like saying N64 can't compete with Sony, Ninty is done. Wait GC did just as bad, why is Nintendo still here? Sometimes I think it's true that only kids play Wiis and don't remember what a Ps1 is.

Sony never owned anything. Nintendo has always had the best games. People are finally getting bored with the lame ps-games and seeing that nintendo is the way for everyone. Well, except for the few "hardcorez".

I think you need to take a look at some sales figures Yoshi!

Your view on which console has the best games is entirely subjective.

35 million is a few "hardcorez"?

What happened the last few generation then? Did people get bored with lame Nintendo games and saw that ps-games were the way for everyone?

35 million is few. You will see Wii outselling both 360&Ps3 by at least 3:1.

What happened last few generations? Nintendo made a mistake with N64 which allowed playstation to get some marketground. Ninty made another mistake by trying to copy Sony with GC. Now Nintendo is back with their old ways and there is nothing which could stop them!

35 million is more than the entire install base of the Xbox or Gamecube last gen. Your talking about billions of dollars of potential revenue.

So Sony's mistake signals an end for them, yet Nintendo is allowed to make similiar mistakes and it's all well and good?

You're displaying an extreme Nintendo bias.

Dallinor said:

35 million is more than the entire install base of the Xbox or Gamecube last gen. Your talking about billions of dollars of potential revenue.

So Sony's mistake signals an end for them, yet Nintendo is allowed to make similiar mistakes and it's all well and good?

You're displaying an extreme Nintendo bias.

How much money did Nintendo lose on N64/GC? Oh, they made a nice profit with both of them. How is sony doing with ps3? Losing billions.

Yoshi! said:
Kyros said:
You should just accept the fact that Nintendo >>>>> sony.

This gen Nintendo > Sony. Now you acknowledge the last two generations Sony > Nintendo.

Well, sony sold more but there were no good games on ps1/2.

Wow, someone is in denial. Obviously if everyone thought the PS1 and PS2 had shitty games they wouldn't have bought so many systems. You can use the execuse that the PS2 was a DVD player, but not the PS1.

Casual gamers go with what they feel is fun and easy to use. and of course is the latest trend. Obviously the Wii is both fun and easy to use and is the latest trend. If Sony came out with motion senseing on the PS3 and Sony Sports it would have sold exactly as much as the Wii. There is no such thing as brand loyalty for the casual gamers. Hardcore gamers make up so little of the actual sales worldwide It's not even funny. If hardcore fans truly ran the sales game then PS3 and 360 would obviously be eclipsing Wii sales.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

[quote]but there were no good games on ps1/2.[quote]

OMG you should really take off the mushroom glasses. Nintendo games may get good reviews but they are a bit "narrow".

PS2 Gran Turismo 4, Final Fantasy X, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus ... the Ps2 library is just much more varied.

Cell is strong enough. It is the GPU+RAM which is holding back PS3.Nothing strange here.

wow way off topic

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

BrayanA said:
Cell is strong enough. It is the GPU+RAM which is holding back PS3.Nothing strange here.

I think that is what the artical is trying to get across though i do find the move to ddr ram interesting. 1gig should be bare minimum for next consolesid like to think they could put 2 in... the gpu will also be key, a true custom board or an adapted off the shelf one

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Not surprising if they did. It might not be very wise to let go of the Cell just when the devs have got the hang of it. Besides, development costs are very high even now and I believe they can't go much higher any time soon. Also, they could add a few cores and get the speed up. It would be the same thing as now but a bit more powerful.

I'm really not a very technical guy so I may not understand these things perfectly, but I do have some basic understanding. From what I've heard, Cell isn't exactly perfect for all kinds of calculations. Thus, it might be a good idea to add another processor for other things. The problem would be the communication between the processor's, I think. Maybe they would make modifications to Cell instead. Or maybe they could make the GPU more powerful instead, as they seem to be evolving in physics.

I don't really know too much. Just a couple of ideas, probably not too good.