By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nancy Pelosi needs to be fired.

Anybody who votes based on their feelings should be fired. I'd rather have Congress-bots in there with no emotions, actually analyzing every option and choosing the best. Feelings are for babies, not for government. Call those fuckers a Waambulance, bitch pleeze.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Coca-Cola said:
I don't think her speech changed any votes.
It demonstrated her zeal for the bailout
and it demonstrated her lack of power in congress.

The republican leaders stated in a press conference right after the vote that her speech changed the votes of some of their members.

Colin Powell stood in front of the United Nations Assembly and told them that Iraq unequivocally had Weapons of Mass Destruction. Strangely enough, at the time, I think he actually believed what he was saying. Ya know, just saying.

ssj12 said:

your entire post is full of so many holes. Just stop acting like you have a clue.

Ah the old "You're so wrong I'm not going to bother pointing out how wrong you are".  Go ahead and humor me.  Just explain specifically what makes Palin better than McCain or Obama.  How exactly are they so out of touch with the common people that only Palin can help us?

Even conservative columnists are coming around and realizing how stupid she is and calling for her to step down to save McCain's chances.  SNL actually parodied her by copying her word for word because it was so dumb people laughed without them needing to edit it at all!

I'm not anti McCain per se.  I was never planning on voting for him but I never really hated him and I think he could be a fine president.  But ever since Palin got on the ticket i'm scared at the possibility that she becomes Commander in Chief.

And I "do have a clue".  I'm an expert on politics after all ever since I drove by the White House and saw it.

azrm2k said:
ssj12 said:

your entire post is full of so many holes. Just stop acting like you have a clue.

Ah the old "You're so wrong I'm not going to bother pointing out how wrong you are".  Go ahead and humor me.  Just explain specifically what makes Palin better than McCain or Obama.  How exactly are they so out of touch with the common people that only Palin can help us?

Even conservative columnists are coming around and realizing how stupid she is and calling for her to step down to save McCain's chances.  SNL actually parodied her by copying her word for word because it was so dumb people laughed without them needing to edit it at all!

I'm not anti McCain per se.  I was never planning on voting for him but I never really hated him and I think he could be a fine president.  But ever since Palin got on the ticket i'm scared at the possibility that she becomes Commander in Chief.

And I "do have a clue".  I'm an expert on politics after all ever since I drove by the White House and saw it.

First lets go back to my comment on wealth for a second. Palin has never been introduced to as high of a salary as a senator has. She only knows how much a governer does and that shouldnt be "close" to what our senators are getting paid.

You made the comment on the last 8 years, Bush can't really be considered the common man. Why? he owns a freaking oil field. How many common folks in America own oil fields? I'm going to say pretty much none, past those people who found a touch of oil in their backyards a month back. Typically one who owns an oil field forgets what its like to be a common laborer. Bush is an even greater example because he went through being spoiled by his father. He probably knows the meaning of work but really never had a major hand in doing much of it.

Palin on the other hand knows what a real wage is. Due to the fact she worked with the common laborer and never really got her feet wet per se with the government's greedy so she can understand what people are going through.

McCain has no clue what the common man is having problems with past the house market might be in a slump but he isnt effected anyways since all of his houses are probably paid off.

Obama might have seen the extreme poor of the poor but frankly the poor doesnt make up the entire country. There is a middle class that needs to get find jobs so that they can keep from becoming the poor. Obama doesnt seem to understand this. His policies will tax the middle class more than the upper class which deserve to be taxed. Obama's change is nothing more than a fresh coat of paint over Democrat viewpoints.

Biden is just plain scum. If he became president we might as well say that anyone who makes 150k a year poor due to how he will tax the middle class. Obama vs Biden I'd take Obama when it comes to taxes but at this moment we don;t need the American citizens taxes raised.

On to the topic of Palin's intelligence. She might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but frankly she solved a ton of Alaska's problems. She also can probably pronounce nuclear which is a great step up from Bush. What we need is someone who isnt experienced so that instead of looking at something as a politician, well an experienced party breed politician anyways, she can think more in the common laborer's frame of mind as thats what America basically is made of. Common laborers. She can get down with the bases of this country and understand and speak the same language.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Anybody who votes based on their feelings should be fired. I'd rather have Congress-bots in there with no emotions, actually analyzing every option and choosing the best. Feelings are for babies, not for government. Call those fuckers a Waambulance, bitch pleeze.

If we took emotion out of voting, Obama would be in big trouble. Many of the people who support him do so with their hearts. He gives them a "good feeling". Notice I said alot, not all of his supporters are all emotion. But it does seem to be a pattern.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

ssj12, what? Obama is going to give the middle and lower classes a huge tax cut, and McCain isn't. McCain is going to give the rich a huge tax cut, and Obama is going to give them a tax raise.

I'll be voting for a Democrat and for lower taxes at the same time. It's mind-boggling really.

bigjon said:

If we took emotion out of voting, Obama would be in big trouble. Many of the people who support him do so with their hearts. He gives them a "good feeling". Notice I said alot, not all of his supporters are all emotion. But it does seem to be a pattern.

Meh, those people aren't in Congress.

bigjon said:

You mean like the emotion of voting for a war hero, POW, small town mayor, hockey mom, mother of 5, maverick, white guy...

Yeah indeed, if we took the emotion out of voting Obama would be in big trouble...

I love how People think that Palin could not be VP because of an interview. She is lacking in foriegn policy, not a big deal she is the veep. Obama is lacking in foriegn policy too. All he has ever done is take a world tour where all he did was do what he does best... give speeches. Interviews have no bearing on how someone would do a the VP position. If McCain does keel over she will be more up to snuff by that point and she will have a Secretary of State. I really doupt that McCain is going to die in the next 4-8 years however.

People have been trying to find reason to dump on Palin since she was announced. Nothing was working, I mean did you notice the 3-4 articles on troopergate before the interview that were on CNN or MSNBC.com? The left media feels like the interview has discredited her, so they have backed off. Just wait, If she does really well in the debate (I think she will) it will all be back on. Right now the media is saving their ammo for if McCain starts to regain in the polls. Palin is a smart woman, she will do just fine in the debate. And since everyone has set the bar so low she will end up blowing away expectations. Which would backfire on the media. Because is they had not trashed her CC interview to the 9th degree the expectations would not be so low. What I am saying is the weak interview might help her in the end. We shall see.

BengaBenga said:
bigjon said:

You mean like the emotion of voting for a war hero, POW, small town mayor, hockey mom, mother of 5, maverick, white guy...

Yeah indeed, if we took the emotion out of voting Obama would be in big trouble...

Most people are not voting for McCain because he is war hero. The war hero thing just builds up his cred. I think Palin and Obama are similiar. So good way to point out what I am saying. The only problem is when it comes down to it people vote for the Presidents, not the VPs.

People weep and cry when Obama speaks, Oprah cries her eyelashes off, Obama strikes an emotional cord with people. There is a reason that more men thought McCain won the debate and Women thought Obama.... Women are MORE emotional.

Also, I really did not get the white guy comment... If anything the fact obama is part black ads more emotion to his base mostly among minorities who would vote for him no matter what.