By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nancy Pelosi needs to be fired.

I am glad the bailout was not passed. But for those that wish it was (mostly Democrats), this should be criminal. To get up before a vote that the Dems need, and to chastise the Republican party like she did, might be the most irresponsible thing I have seen in years.

This woman is an idiot. Every person who wanted the bailout to pass, should write this woman a letter.

Around the Network

The Republicans blaming this on her is idiotic.... it was a moronic idea to give that speech, but changing your vote on something this important because she hurt your feelings is just ridiculous.

The truth hurts.

Wow... you defend her when she did this.... wow...

Oh, and 90 Dems didn't vote for it either, so it's not like it was a slam dunk. They had 16 on the fence that went the other way. They were 50/50 on the matter, but probably had some favors to cash in. After this, they said fuck the favors.

Like Sam said she was an idiot for attacking the Bush policies and calling out the Republicans at the end like she did at such a critical time but it's very immature for the representatives that changed their mind to do so because their feelings got hurt.

It would be one thing if they voted against the bill on principle but they didn't. They know it's going to pass since both Bush and McCain support it. They only voted against it to delay it after hearing what Pelosi said and the American people are the ones who will suffer if small businesses can't get the loans they need or even bigger business have to temporarily scale back/downsize while the credit lines are frozen.

That said even though i'm more upset at the Republicans for not passing this bill I fully support a campaign to remove Nancy Pelosi.

Around the Network

@Mafoo

Regarding the 90 Democrats. I haven't looked over the list of who voted what exactly but I think I have a good reason for that. Once they were done talking with the republican leaders who had a good idea of how many votes they could deliver they probably allowed certain Democrats to vote against it depending on their reelection bids. The vast majority of the country still opposes any sort of bailout and we are just over a month away from election day.

over the top- even for her.
she probably realized that dem. had a lot to lose if this bill didn't pass.

thanks for the post - it was disturbing.

Yes, let's blame her. She's the reason we are in this situation.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

In my opinion, this is the perfect example of why partisan politics is so destructive ...

Realistically, if you traced the problems in the housing market back to their root you would see the fingerprints of every president, senate and congress for the past 50 years. They're all guilty of making mistakes or failing to take action to prevent the market from getting into the position that it is in. Even the most anti-Bush Democrat should also be able to acknowlege that some of the acts of Bill Clinton at least contributed towards the mess we are currently in.

The office of the President of the United States of America is a very powerful position, but (even with two terms) a President does not have the power to cause a mess like this. With this in mind, in the time of a crisis when it is important that you act carefully, you have an idiot like Nancy Pelosi make an amazingly partisan speech which risked pushing the ecconomy past the brink of collapse.

I think we should fire every member on congress. That is right, we all should vote for the non-incumbent. Lets clean house. This congress sucks bigtime.

I would say the only people that should be re-elected are the people who can prove they were trying to fight corruption, and tried to warn us about the financial crisis. Dem or Republican all need to go. Not sure about senate, but I can think of a few who need to go away.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut