By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nancy Pelosi needs to be fired.

HappySqurriel said:

There is a certain ammount of truth in what bigjon is saying ...

If you took the smartest and most poised person that you have ever met in your life and suddenly dropped them into the middle of a presidential campaign it is highly likely that they would make some amazingly large mistakes that would make them seem foolish too. Even Obama, Biden and McCain (along with all of the other presidential candidates) have made some very large mistakes that have made them seem foolish; the difference between their mistakes and Palin's is that there seems to be a segment of the population who are going out of their way to absolutely destroy Palin, which is something I have never seen before.

Now, I'm starting to think that the lack of experience dealing with such a public campaign may have been reason enough to choose a running mate other than Palin; but I think the damage she has done to the campaign is dramatically overstated. If you look at how close this race is, right now a 2% swing in a couple of states would result in John McCain becomming the next president ...

True, every candidate does and says foolish and ignorant things. That's human nature. The difference with Palin seems to be that foolishness and ignorance are the rule rather than the exception.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
psrock said:
HappySqurriel said:

There is a certain ammount of truth in what bigjon is saying ...

If you took the smartest and most poised person that you have ever met in your life and suddenly dropped them into the middle of a presidential campaign it is highly likely that they would make some amazingly large mistakes that would make them seem foolish too. Even Obama, Biden and McCain (along with all of the other presidential candidates) have made some very large mistakes that have made them seem foolish; the difference between their mistakes and Palin's is that there seems to be a segment of the population who are going out of their way to absolutely destroy Palin, which is something I have never seen before.

Now, I'm starting to think that the lack of experience dealing with such a public campaign may have been reason enough to choose a running mate other than Palin; but I think the damage she has done to the campaign is dramatically overstated. If you look at how close this race is, right now a 2% swing in a couple of states would result in John McCain becomming the next president ...

There's a difference between making mistakes and looking stupid and ignorant which accomplished perfectly.

Joe Biden has demonstrated that he disagrees with the platform he is running on, doesn't that look pretty stupid and ignorant?

I'd like for one of the Palin supporters/defenders to post a video/transcript of one of her best moments.

That would be a start towards convincing some of us that we're wrong in thinking she's a plain screwup.

Classic Palin

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
akuma587 said:
bigjon said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Anybody who votes based on their feelings should be fired. I'd rather have Congress-bots in there with no emotions, actually analyzing every option and choosing the best. Feelings are for babies, not for government. Call those fuckers a Waambulance, bitch pleeze.

If we took emotion out of voting, Obama would be in big trouble. Many of the people who support him do so with their hearts. He gives them a "good feeling". Notice I said alot, not all of his supporters are all emotion. But it does seem to be a pattern.

Because Republicans obviously never stir up anti-abortion sentiments, anti-foreign sentiments, racist sentiments, relgious sentiments, faux-patriotic sentiments, fearful sentiments, anti-government sentiments, and even anti-female sentiments.

Seriously bigjon, quit blaming Democrats for the same things that the Republican party is as guilty or more guilty of doing.

I couldn't have said it better.  This is what got GWB into office.  Because some people thought it was more important that he seemed like your average Joe.  There is a similar sentiment now about Palin.

I want to know when it became a negative to be well educated and well spoken in regard to running for president.  I want my president to be an elite individual.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

I'd like for one of the Palin supporters/defenders to post a video/transcript of one of her best moments.

That would be a start towards convincing some of us that we're wrong in thinking she's a plain screwup.

I'd like one of the Palin haters to explain how she has the highest approval rating of any Governor in the US if she is such an idiot.  Dumb luck? 

The problem with this whole thing is that before she was the center of a national race she had already proven she could be an effective executive officer.  But now suddenly the media jumps in and takes a dump all over her and folks like you ignore her past and gobble up the media narrative instead.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
NJ5 said:

I'd like one of the Palin haters to explain how she has the highest approval rating of any Governor in the US if she is such an idiot.  Dumb luck? 

The problem with this whole thing is that before she was the center of a national race she had already proven she could be an effective executive officer.  But now suddenly the media jumps in and takes a dump all over her and folks like you ignore her past and gobble up the media narrative instead.

I think people would like more assurance than just an "approval rating" which context is not known. If she was able to show us a glimpse of organized and informed thought about the issues which matter for the presidency, that would be very reassuring.

All I've seen from her is ignorance, dodging questions and platitude parroting. She always looks like a student who didn't study for an oral exam trying to BS her way through it.

NJ5 said:
Sqrl said:
NJ5 said:

I think people would like more assurance than just an "approval rating" which context is not known. If she was able to show us a glimpse of organized and informed thought about the issues which matter for the presidency, that would be very reassuring.

All I've seen from her is ignorance, dodging questions and platitude parroting. She always looks like a student who didn't study for an oral exam trying to BS her way through it.

How is that different from any other politician?

HappySqurriel said:

How is that different from any other politician?

Every politician spews a certain amount of BS when they don't know much about the subject at hand. Palin, however, does it in virtually 100% of the questions. I'd like to see a few counter-examples, but no one seems to have any.

By the way, this doesn't seem to be a new thing for her:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1001/p09s01-coop.html

akuma587 said:
bigjon said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Anybody who votes based on their feelings should be fired. I'd rather have Congress-bots in there with no emotions, actually analyzing every option and choosing the best. Feelings are for babies, not for government. Call those fuckers a Waambulance, bitch pleeze.

If we took emotion out of voting, Obama would be in big trouble. Many of the people who support him do so with their hearts. He gives them a "good feeling". Notice I said alot, not all of his supporters are all emotion. But it does seem to be a pattern.

Because Republicans obviously never stir up anti-abortion sentiments, anti-foreign sentiments, racist sentiments, relgious sentiments, faux-patriotic sentiments, fearful sentiments, anti-government sentiments, and even anti-female sentiments.

Seriously bigjon, quit blaming Democrats for the same things that the Republican party is as guilty or more guilty of doing.

I was reffering to this election. Obama and McCain, and it is a different kind of emotion. With Obama it is a ooeey gooee type feeling some people get over him. With bush it was his charater and ability to stand for what he believes. Also, we do live in a dangerous world so reminding people of the danger of terrorist while striking an emotional cord is needed.

The thing about abortion is that both sides feel strongly about it to begin with. On one side you believe murder is legal, and the other you feel your personal rights are being exploited. The dems use emotion more there, they act like abortion will be illegal if McCain is elected. Rasicm? LOL. Obama and a few dems are TRYING to create a race issue. Did you not see the ad where he tried to compare Limbaugh to McCain? Anti- Foriegn? Maybe, although I never noticed it. Religous? Yea I'll give you what one, but Religion is very do to many people and seeing secularist like Obama and Kerry does worry people. Anit-Gov? yea I get into that one, the gov just ruins most things it touches. So much waste. Anti-female? Lost me there.

My point I was not reffering to emotional issues. I was reffering to people "voting with their hearts"

You have to admit Obama has more of that than McCain. And therefore if people stopped doing it all together it would hurt him. I never No One votes for McCain out of Emotion. Obama has more of it. Thus the better connection with Women and Young People.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut