By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Wii is not Next-Gen

so full of fail....

Around the Network

Anyone participating in this discussion has waaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.what
Call it this gen, last gen, next gen, Beeeater's Gin, Gin rummy, ever toots your flute. It has semed to have met with degree of commercial success that would seems to indicate that whatever gen it was, it was the correct gen.

ManusJustus said:

Clearly, Wii doesnt have the graphic capabilities of XBox 360 or Playstation 3, and it barely surpases the graphical capabilities of last generation's graphics leader, XBox.  Wii isn't last gen, but its not this gen either.  Ofcourse, that doesnt take away from the huge success that Nintendo is having with the Wii.

So....... Wii is a trans-gen ???

Sick of SackBoy threads

Accually it isnt a next gen console becuase it was there would be no current gen console and we wouldn't be in today right now, we would be in the future, and if were were in the future the console it terms would also have to be in the future, becuase they are "next-gen" and that means theyd be like, in like 3001 and wed still be in 2008, and all the stuff would be robot-ish and much betterm so it has to be current gen or it just messes the fabrci of time and space up.

pika said:

So....... Wii is a trans-gen ???

I think you mean Bi-Gen.

Around the Network

I'm surprised no one said....Wii isn't next generation....it is current generation console. (Or did I miss it)

Ahh someone did say it!

I think nintendo screwed up the term 'next-gen' with the Wii, nothing is 'next-gen' to me, for me it's just new systems

2006 called. It wants it's thread topics back.

^you missed it;) How about we ban the use of next-gen until someone actually officially announces a next-gen console.

last gen controllers didn't have wireless by default or bluetooth.
tehre was a upgrade to x360 ps3 controls as well.
old dog is old.
but wii isn't really a power house, its just fun, but really wii could have even upgrade the cpu and gpu abit more.