By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Xbox 360 sales up 32%, PS2 down 8%

Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Now if only I can bump the threads for TFU predictions on each platform because a few people were going to eat their socks if the Wii version didnt sell more.

It will eventually.. it's just a matter of time. Just look at recent games like Tiger Woods '09.

Yeah, look at Madden 09.

Looks at thread title..UK..

mega fail DmeisterJ..once again..

I can see the thread title.

Just that for some reason, Wii owners live in a parallel universe where every multi-plat game will eventually sell better on the platform (regardless of region) "bcuz of da legz".  And I just wanted to make sure you understand that for every game that will sell better in the long run, there is a game that won't. 

Around the Network

Good for 360 and Star wars force unleashed.

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Now if only I can bump the threads for TFU predictions on each platform because a few people were going to eat their socks if the Wii version didnt sell more.

It will eventually.. it's just a matter of time. Just look at recent games like Tiger Woods '09.

Yeah, look at Madden 09.

Just that for some reason, Wii owners live in a parallel universe where every multi-plat game will eventually sell better on the platform (regardless of region) "bcuz of da legz".  And I just wanted to make sure you understand that for every game that will sell better in the long run, there is a game that won't. 

That made me laugh.

32% so that would give the 360 a boost of roughly 4k in the UK. One of their strongest European markets.

Not bad, but not great either.

I predict an overall hardware boost of 20-25k in EU this coming week, considering that the 32% mentioned was only over one weekend.

Seems UK people are getting smart and realising that they are paying too much for the PS3 "potential" is not the best thing to do,so they buy the cheap 360,play Star Wars,Gears,Halo,Fable,etc and enjoy the 360 "potential".

Is that that good? I was expecting at least an 80% rise, but hye, maybe Im just to overconfident in MSs capability :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

@hunter: Imo it's terrible result. I'm not sure where do positive reactions comes from.

Stan85 said:
Seems UK people are getting smart and realising that they are paying too much for the PS3 "potential" is not the best thing to do,so they buy the cheap 360,play Star Wars,Gears,Halo,Fable,etc and enjoy the 360 "potential".

You do realise that the PS3 and 360 are always neck-and-neck in the UK, with some weeks in the PS3's favour, and some weeks in the 360's favour. So, by your (rather idiotic) definition of the word "smart", at least half the UK people have been there the whole time.

I wonder if even with this increase due to the price-cut, would the PS3 still come out on top?

I think it is a given that the wii will outdo both consoles combined (as usual) but what will be the situation with the other two. I think that the 360 will have about a 30k rise at most and still fall short of the PS3.

We will just have to wait and see!

Well for those of you who don't know the XBOX 360 is sold for as much as the PSP , and is within the price range of the DS and PS2.

With such a low price point the consumer is likely to react positivley , but i wonder if sacrificing any profits they be making of the 360 is worth a 30% boost which will likely be short lived like previous 360 price cuts.

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
EaglesEye379 said:

Yeah, look at Madden 09.

The only games that won't/don't sell more on the Wii in the long run are the yearly sports simulation games other than golf and crappy ports.  With golf the Wii remote offers more than improved graphics as you get deeper immersion.  With other sports games the HD versions sell more because graphics offer more than the Wii remote can offer or the people buying the games are more interested in graphics than new way to play (or are so used to playing these games with regular controls that they just can't get into Wii controls - I had that problem with pro evolution.  Star Wars is neither a sports simulation game nor a crappy port (although it is apparently a crappy game) so we can realistically expect it to sell more just as was the case with Sonic, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego star wars (I am assuming this game was also released on PS360), Guitar Hero 3 (the Wii version is currently still behind the 360 version but will probably end up outselling it), Sega Super Star Tennis, etc

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down