By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Xbox 360 sales up 32%, PS2 down 8%

psrock said:
It's only the beginning. The 360 is on a verge of total domination.

haha, I love sarcasm.

You were sarcastic right ?

Around the Network

32% isnt too much after a price drop.....in a few weeks it may be at the same level as before the price cut.

kamil said:

Well, that's pretty bad for X360.

TFU sold 30% on PS3 and 15% on Wii with only 7% on remainging platforms (PS2, PSP, DS).

WHat are you talking about ?

Here it says 48 % on the 360 => http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/force-unleashed-sales-lead-on-xbox-360

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Price drop failed again if that is the case. UK econmy is bad but come on 32% basically is a fail. Given that the sales are most likley going to drop next week, it will be at the same 12k it was in 2-3 weeks which cant bear well for MSOFT considering your cosole is so god damn cheap. I at least expected a 70% increase at least because if ur console lifted from 12k to 16k, that to me is a big WTF.

Last week numbers for UK:

360: 12,488
PS3: 12,104

so this week should be like:

360: 16,484
PS3: 11,135

Not so impressive, and I don't even think it will get the same kind of boost in the rest of Europe.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

@Sardauk: Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My first comment was for X360 increase due to price cut which I find terrible.

TFU sales aren't connected with this and 48% for X360 is indeed pretty good. I just thought that I will give more info about TFU sales if we are already at it.

thant dont anything for me but sony really need a price cut right now

Bokal said:
Last week numbers for UK:

360: 12,488
PS3: 12,104

so this week should be like:

360: 16,484
PS3: 11,135

Not so impressive, and I don't even think it will get the same kind of boost in the rest of Europe.

Interesting. Considering PS3 Price, it's doing better than 360. And People say 360 is dominant in UK. A Years Head start Helps a lot

What a flop price cut

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'd say 32% is nothing great for the size of price drop and it'll likely be even less of a lift outside UK... if 360 sales don't show consistent rise after this price drop then I think it's safe to say its reaching the upper point of demand for the system in Others.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...